April 2016 Trip from Veterans

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

April 2016 Trip from Veterans

Postby ourfuntrip » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

We were at RM from March 26-April 5, 2016. Having been many times, this is just to update reports we have done prior and newest observations. Our last trip was June 2015 and the biggest change since was the new EC staff (playmakers). What an improvement! Jesus and Frieda have great, positive energy and work hard to make the pool and disco fun.

We took a red eye flight from SFO which we hadn't done on previous trips to RM and it worked out pretty well. No lines at immigration! The combination of booze, tiredness and excitement meant we got kinda burned our first day, but we rolled with it.

Room was in the 1700 building which we liked. Had the deadly cement step down beside the bed, which we were certain one of us would fall from, but thankfully we did not! We liked being close to the lobby area.

Food....I always get pretty tired of the lunch buffet but otherwise food was very good this trip. Something new to us was they had a special food station every day at the pool. One day it was sushi, they had pasta and paella, etc. I thought it was a nice change. I only wish it was earlier as they don't start until about 1:30 and since we don't do breakfast, that is a little late to eat. We had good meals at Sahlo and the sushi restaurant. We also had some really good meals at the buffet....they had lobster at the grill one night, an Asian and Mexican night that were really good. Service was awesome everywhere as always.

Sunday after we arrived was Easter and they did an Easter egg hunt on the beach. I found it pretty funny to see a bunch of naked adults running on the beach trying to find plastic eggs :) they had some great entertainment days on the beach and at the pool, some days were quieter than others.

Disco was fun but I have a couple of complaints. You have heard this one already -they play the same songs every night! By the last night I was tired of dancing to the exact same play list. The other thing is we see the exact same shows there every night as well. The downside of going so often. We love the disco though and go mostly every night.

Jacuzzi was fun, more sexy stuff happening than usual. We did the massage class at the disco early in the week. It was nice to massage each other, but not something I would go back to. No real sexual activity at the end.

I think March is a popular time, but the week we were there was pretty quiet. It meant it was easier to get into restaurants, but also meant the pool was quite dead some days. There were also some days where some couples in bathing suits were there from Temptations. I guess we will see more of this as they start the Temptations reno. This is the first trip we have made outside a group in years, but had a great time chatting with so many people and from so many places. Everyone was super friendly and nice. Weather this time of year was perfect! Warm without the high summer humidity. Wish this weather was what we had every trip.

We talked to a lot of people about their experience with Pearl if they had been. Pretty much everyone told us it was bigger, nicer and quieter. This is what we keep hearing but haven't committed to going there over RM because we love it so much.

Next trip is November with the Swingset takeover....
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Re: April 2016 Trip from Veterans

Postby Mr_big60564 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks for posting! We are about to go on our first trip outside of a group as well. Will be interesting to see how that changes the social dynamic for us.

Any thoughts on the views from the new Breathless resort next door? I realize the resort hasn't opened yet, but I'm curious whether they've made any progress recently on screening the views into the Desire property (namely into the Desire pool) from the upper floor rooms at the new resort. This is a concern that a number of people have expressed. Thanks!
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby Takes2toTango » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks for TR. always fun to read. I wonder if the massage class dynamic depends upon the group.

There was maybe a group of 10 of us taking a massage class ended up with five couples staying behind as encouraged by the instructor to finish off our massages in whatever comfortable manner we chose. Five couples stay behind and finished out individually with their partners it was nice just a little cold in the disco.

If you mean excitement there was no encouragement to massage another that would've been fine. I think if we had switched partners to massage a different spouse it would be awesome. It was nice to stick and massage your own spouse. Ps we were at Pearl
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 15 Jul 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby ourfuntrip » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 pm

There are definitely balconies with a view of the resort from next door. Work is progressing, but a lot was still happening. On multiple occasions I saw workers watching the action at the pool. The jacuzzi area has some additional blocking on the Breathless side. I didn't care for the workers watching but figured WTF...still going to have fun :) supposedly it is going to be topless so maybe an open-minded crowd but I think you will get some people who just want to look and that could be problematic? We heard rooms were going to be on the backside of that building but we saw balconies looking into the Desire pool area....we will see what happens!

As for the massage class, I am sure the class varies based on participants. Personally, I did not feel the vibe when the class ended...it just wasn't sexual to me. Massaging my partner was nice, but it wasn't erotic to me I guess. When we left, a few other couples were still there. There may have been sex but not sure. I guess it also depends on what you consider erotic. For some it might be quite hot to have sex there with other couples nearby. I am sure if I offered hubby to stay and have sex he would have been on board, so it was me that didn't feel it :)
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

Postby ourfuntrip » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Update: my husband says he thought the workers could see guests on the beach, not at the pool, so I might be wrong. We did do some activities on the beach, so that could be accurate. I just remember noticing them watching at some point for a period of time.
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya