TRIP REPORT 8/6-8/10

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

TRIP REPORT 8/6-8/10

Postby nicenycpl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 am

So back in April at the first reports of Swine Flu in Mexico, I peeked at the airfares to Cancun and discovered some really discounted fares! Not one to let a bargain get away, I booked an extended weekend in August. :idea: I figured if there was really going to be an epidemic, the airline would refund my money, and if not, well, by August it should be all clear, and safe to go. So we booked a rare second trip to desire in the same year. This was our fourth trip to desire however it was our first in the summer, as we usually go in January. (see prior trip reports posted). In April, when we booked, we were told that the resort was only 35% full, and we were prepared for a more “sedateâ€
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby tout.prest » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:43 am

Hey guys ! Thanks for the report.

What the hell !!!! No more Grey Goose ??? That sucks ! Now what will I drink with my Pineapple juice ? :wink: They had it there in June but you only got it if the bartender knew you (We love Edgar and C.C) or you asked for it by name. And I agree that giving out alcohol by the bucket, but not giving out Redbull (or the like) because of cost is a little oxymoronic.

Glad you had a great time. That jetblue deal is fantastic.......Desire could now become like the cottage where you just zip off to for the weekend ! Dare to dream ! :D lol

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya