Just returned, first time at the resort from 7/6-7/14, 2016

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Just returned, first time at the resort from 7/6-7/14, 2016

Postby travis5559 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:47 pm

I promised myself that I would try and write this as soon as possible after getting home. It was our first trip to Desire, although we have been to Hedonism a few times. Last time at Hedo was about 5 years ago.

Transfer and Arrival
    From the time our plane landed to sitting in the lobby at Desire was 1hr 5 minutes. Very quick, uneventful. The driver offered to stop at a "7-11" if we needed anything.
Check In
    Very quick, included a quick tour of the resort. They scheduled us for the 'lecture" a few days later which we declined that morning. No issues there.
Pool Area
    I went down each morning between 8:00-9:00 o'clock and had no problem getting chairs or beds for the day. By about 11am, they were booked.
Food/Restaurants
    My wife and I both really enjoyed the food. Service was as good as we have ever had at any resort, anywhere. A++++++ in this category.
Nightly Shows
    The nightly entertainment was good, but not great. I think this is an area where Hedonism was better. Also, the layout is such that the entertainment doesn't bring everyone together.
Disco
    Very nice, not very big, but always crowded after the nightly entertainment was finishing up. We walked into the "Sin Room" a couple of times but it was empty both times.
Hot Tub (Late Night)
    This was definitely the place to meet and mingle with other couples. Lots of fun, the bar is very convenient. Always a nice breeze, beautiful skies. It did not rain for the entire 8 days we were there.
Overall
    Great resort, facilities are definitely a step up from Hedonism. We have been to Hedo II several times and Hedo III when it was open.
    Food is much better that Hedo, including the service. Big difference in this area.
    Couples versus singles. Not sure about this issue. Both the wife and I thought that having singles excluded was a negative. While at Hedo, yes there were times where single guys hit on the wife but never disrespectfully. It just seems to us that having groups of single men/women added to the flavor. I know that differs from the opinion of most, but for us, that was the case. With the exception of a few couples that seemed to have a pre-established "click" to which they belonged, everyone was very friendly, most seemed to be very professional types and I never witnessed anyone being disrespectful or out of line in anyway. Not sure if our next trip will be back here or to Hedo II. but for us both places are winners.
We just returned on Thursday, day before yesterday, so if you have any questions feel free to send me a message. We can talk or email. Thanks
travis5559

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 Jul 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Re: Just returned, first time at the resort from 7/6-7/14,

Postby Calguygal » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Well I will ask away on the post. How was the LS experience different from Hedo to Desire. Did you find as many partners / friends who you clicked with. What are the pros in the LS to Desire over Hedo or are their any? Thanks - those are the burning questions curiose minds want to know about
Calguygal
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2015

Postby travis5559 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Well......................
Hedo seemed to have more people who where at the "curious" stage of the LS or were just there to have fun. The couples we met at Desire seemed to have more of an agenda. They were there for that reason, not pushy about it but also not afraid to tell you what they wanted out of their vacation and to let you know if they were interested.
As far as numbers of friends met, about the same. As I said in the original post. Desire seemed to have a few more "clicks" than Hedo and those people seemed to stick to themselves. We enjoyed both places and to be honest Desire's crowd was probably a little closer to the people we would normally associate with. The type of people we would work with, live down the street, etc.
To sum it up;
Hedo had lots of people on the fence and were there hoping and curious to find new adventures. Both couples and singles.
Desire, most couples were there for a reason, living the "Lifestyle".
Not one better than the other, just different.
Also, just our experience.
travis5559

Postby Calguygal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:36 am

Hum? That is the opposite of what I have been hearing. Hedo - hard core swingers Desire for people looking to dip their toes in. Well half of them anyway. Our toes went in, then ankles now we are in hip deep... Thanks for the review
Calguygal
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2015

Postby TandD » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 am

JimnK wrote:Hum? That is the opposite of what I have been hearing. Hedo - hard core swingers Desire for people looking to dip their toes in.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Surprising.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby travis5559 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Remember that half of the resort at Hedo is clothed. There are a lot of people there that are not in the lifestyle, but curious.
I would say that Hedo is wilder from a drinking/partying standpoint, but lots of people there not taking their clothes off much less playing with others.
travis5559

Postby Luv4life » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:42 pm

We just returned from our first trip to Hedo. We are frequent DRM visitors and wanted to try something new. Our experience was the opposite of the OP's. We found the crowd at Hedo to be much more "one track minded" of trying to score, vs the relatively laid back attitudes we generally see at DRM. The reason we had never gone to Hedo was because of the concerns about the single guys and frat-like atmosphere, but we figured we had enough experience under our belts that we could deal with it. Well, our concerns proved to be exactly what we feared. I (the wife) was approached three times by unwanted and too aggressive people, one of them being a female prostitute who somehow made it into the resort one night. Another time by a two male staff members while trying to relax on the beach. I just didn't feel safe there and although we wound up having a nice time and met some great people, we will stick with Desire from now on!
Luv4life
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Postby TandD » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Luv4life wrote:We just returned from our first trip to Hedo. We are frequent DRM visitors and wanted to try something new. Our experience was the opposite of the OP's. We found the crowd at Hedo to be much more "one track minded" of trying to score, vs the relatively laid back attitudes we generally see at DRM. The reason we had never gone to Hedo was because of the concerns about the single guys and frat-like atmosphere, but we figured we had enough experience under our belts that we could deal with it. Well, our concerns proved to be exactly what we feared. I (the wife) was approached three times by unwanted and too aggressive people, one of them being a female prostitute who somehow made it into the resort one night. Another time by a two male staff members while trying to relax on the beach. I just didn't feel safe there and although we wound up having a nice time and met some great people, we will stick with Desire from now on!

Well that seals it for us. I know this isn't necessarily everyone's experience at Hedo but it lines up enough with what I gathered from other reports that I'm comfortable taking it off our list. We had considered trying Hedo - after three trips to DP - but I had already pretty much talked myself out of it because we didn't want the "frat boy" party atmosphere nor the infrastructure issues that still seem to exist even with the recent renos.

I don't want to start a debate - I'm just kind of glad to get this report to reaffirm my own decision.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby COCONKITTY » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:06 am

:P it truly depends on what you are seeking but..i have found desire to be more classy(from many standpoints-social/sexual/erotic/stylish) and fun...as said hedo is clothing optional/allowing singles and a much different vibe... Desire is nude and many couples are there to have sexual fun-one way or the other (subtle or overt) but not too aggressive...not making a debate...i just find the service,food and welcome and the people... is so much more personable and family like at Desire...its big enough to have fun, but not so big where its too many people...a warm-intimate village atmosphere..and yes we prefer the ''couples'' atmosphere at Desire...puts more people(couples) (to move around freely 'unattended') at ease and comfort/especially newbies...and if you want singles... hedo/temptation is always available for such!
:CAN :US
Kitty & CoCo
COCONKITTY
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya