Fresh trip report! August 31 to Sept 5, 2016

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Fresh trip report! August 31 to Sept 5, 2016

Postby Lastmango » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Trip report Desire RM August 31, 2016 to September 5, 2016

Since I had been checking this site virtually daily for fresh trip reports prior to our trip I’ll return the favor and get ours out as we just returned yesterday. Thank you to all the previous report writers, it does help to build the excitement prior to the trip! Instead of providing a specific report of travel, food, pool time, entertainment, etc. I’ll just ramble on from memory.

A little about us, a mid 50 and mid 40 couple from the Midwest, returning for a quick trip before school starts with the kids. We have been to Pearl once, and RM twice, but the second time was cut short by a family emergency after one day, so really just our second real visit to RM. For us, we prefer RM over Pearl for various reasons many of which are already covered in detail with a search, however, we acknowledge our one trip to Pearl may not have been a fair assessment. We are not really lifestylers, with the exception of exhib/voyeur stuff and girl/girl fun in the right circumstances, but do enjoy the nudity and the sexy environment.

A word to those of you newbies who are nervous about the sexual environment, nudity, possibly aggressive swingers, or any reasons….stop. More than any other trip we realized that a couple can truly make this vacation whatever they want it to be. If you are concerned about body image, don’t be as you will see all body types and all are very accepted. If you are concerned about seeing sexual activity just avoid the Jacuzzi and sin room in the disco, if you want time to yourselves go out and enjoy the beach during the day. If you have an open mind and are not sure where you are at, you might surprise yourselves by at least observing the Jacuzzi and sin room and see how you feel. There is no pressure to do or say anything…

In the days approaching we were very concerned about the weather due to the buildup in the Gulf of Mexico and even though it was moving north the forecast was for rain on at least two days. We have had a stressful past few months and really needed this trip though, and knew we would have fun regardless of the weather or circumstances so decided not to reschedule. After all the worry about the weather we did not receive a single drop of rain until the morning we were checking out and it was absolutely beautiful every day. The food was consistently good throughout, the only meal we avoid is the dinner at the buffet. Although we enjoy a good breakfast buffet, dinner buffets just don’t work for us no matter how good they are. We spent most of our day time at the pool, even though we promised ourselves to use the beach and beach beds more often, it was just so hot that we stayed in the pool. We also made much more of an effort to make friends and introduce ourselves, particularly in the pool during the day and it really enhanced the trip. We found that even if there was a group talking that they typically weren’t there together and we were always welcomed in to the conversation. There are some that have an agenda but it doesn’t take long to figure it out and just move on if they don’t let it go. Although we had one couple that was somewhat persistent, it was never rude or uncomfortable and we enjoyed talking to them.

We did look forward to the afternoon Jacuzzi time each day, not really with an agenda to play with anyone or even each other necessarily, but after a really hot day in the pool the shaded bar upstairs, refreshing breeze, view of the ocean, and people watching were all great. I think we went up there each afternoon. There is usually something going on up there you just don’t see at home, or if so you have to pay for. One night was the school teacher passing out blow jobs in the jacuzzi, and another night was a very hot three girl scene that even though was just heavy kissing and petting, was still very good. We never ventured to the Jacuzzi late night after the disco as we would either play in the sin room, or just go back to our room. I was surprised that one couple mentioned that they would leave and go to a beach bed each night and were never bothered by security at all.

Even though the evening schedules don’t change much, we do enjoy the outdoor time in the Melange lounge, checking out people and costumes, as well as the disco. I know there have been some complaints about mixing up the music in the disco or the evening entertainment, but short of having some other great ideas for it, I think the answer is for a couple to take a night off from it and do something else. After one particularly overserved afternoon of margarita’s for my wife we stayed in and just ordered room service and found that the next time it was fresh and we were ready for fun again.

We did spend the last day in the ocean visiting with another couple, and had planned to meet up in the disco later since it was our last night, but our wake up call for 3am was just too tough to ignore. Apologies to S and R from PA and Virginia for not saying good bye, if you read this and want to PM your email address we would love to stay in touch.

Thanks, and if you have any questions fire away…
Lastmango
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Fresh trip report! August 31 to Sept 5, 2016

Postby miranda2 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Wonderful trip report and thanks for sharing your Desire adventures. You sound much like us in so many ways.

We look forward to our trip in December and reading your trip report makes us more excited to get back there. :D
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby EroticSailor » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 pm

As the poster above said, "You sound like us in so many ways." I could have written this trip report, and I so appreciate you taking the time to do it.

We have been to RM twice, and most recently to Pearl twice. We're going back to RM in October and I appreciate the thoughts you've posted here.

Should we be at all concerned about the ongoing construction project? You don't mention it, so I'm assuming it's a non-problem?

Thank you again!
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Jan 2016

Postby jkroha » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:47 am

Lastmango wrote:There is usually something going on up there you just don’t see at home, or if so you have to pay for.

Thanks for the trip report, I LOVE them, and thanks for making me snort coffee this morning reading that line.... I told Kim the strip clubs are kinda ruined for me.... you want money? To see naked girls? But...but.... now on the other hand I do support sending young ladies to college (every one is saving for college, right?)

Also glad to read a report without any mention of the construction.... hopefully because it was not that big a deal.
Naughy Nawlins 2018 (Was...awesome)
Desire RM Dec 14-22, 2018
Jhnkha on SDC/SLS/Kasidie
kik:funnynerd8
jkroha
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby Lastmango » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:41 am

The construction was absolutely a non-issue. Our room was at the opposite end of the resort from the pool, so the only issue we had was to get to the pool we either had to walk the beach, or walk through the outdoor lobby bar area. My wife was at first hesitant to walk past the construction site topless or in skimpy clothing, but I later encouraged her to give those hard-working construction workers something to enjoy and she really got into it. Even though the construction is beachfront and in the center of the resort, we completely forgot it was even going on.
Lastmango
Desire Convert

Postby Lastmango » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 am

Regarding strip clubs, we used to regularly hit a strip club the night before our vacations because they are so close to our airport. This time we ended up skipping it and opted for a good night sleep to start our vacation. At desire however, we met an older couple who were out and pulled an all nighter prior to their incoming flight which made us feel pretty lame. They were clearly rock stars! She had a full head of blonde curly hair, and very large implants and obviously a very sexual person. We wondered how they could hide their lifestyle from their family...or if they bothered, but very sweet people.
Lastmango
Desire Convert

Postby willijes » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks for the info.....Did you happen to notice if there was any beach traffic? Any feedback/info about the resort next door?

Thanks!
willijes
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2019

Postby EroticSailor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Lastmango wrote:The construction was absolutely a non-issue. Our room was at the opposite end of the resort from the pool, so the only issue we had was to get to the pool we either had to walk the beach, or walk through the outdoor lobby bar area. My wife was at first hesitant to walk past the construction site topless or in skimpy clothing, but I later encouraged her to give those hard-working construction workers something to enjoy and she really got into it. Even though the construction is beachfront and in the center of the resort, we completely forgot it was even going on.

Thank you! :D
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 22 Jan 2016

Postby mr&mrssnow » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Like reading the trip reports, gets us more excited to go on our trip.
Desire Rm
Nov. 16
May. 18
May. 19
mr&mrssnow
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swingingheaven

Postby Lastmango » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:34 am

There was some beach traffic, a few of them checking out the resort and people but not too many. It seemed like a lot more Desire guests than typical were in the ocean or on the beach and no one seemed to bother dressing, or be bothered by the traffic. The beach was kept very clean and the ocean temps were perfect.
Lastmango
Desire Convert

Postby Lastmango » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:39 am

The resort next door appeared to be fully open and looked very nice. We were told by a Desire guest that visited there that there were 3 pools, a family pool, quiet pool, and an adult pool where topless was ok and there were even foam parties. Again, getting that second hand. The resort was beautiful and very large. There appeared to be one or two balconies that could see the Desire pool from a distance but we never saw anyone up there. It didn't even register with us...
Lastmango
Desire Convert

Postby GoldCoCouple » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks for the report. We've been very curious about the new resort and afraid that it would diminish the Desire atmosphere. Glad to hear that hasn't impacted Desire so far.
GoldCoCouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, Swingersboard

Postby M 'n L » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks for the great report and the details on non-issues with construction and the adjacent new resort, we will be there in a mere 8 days.....
M 'n L

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2016

Postby $parkie7 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Nice report! We are eagerly awaiting our first trip coming up. Reading the trip reports helps answer many questions that we have!
SDC: WOW
$parkie7
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 31 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya