Sept 21 - 28, 2016 - Trip 6 and best one yet!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Sept 21 - 28, 2016 - Trip 6 and best one yet!

Postby Mystra » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Trip six (for our 20th anniversary) and the best one yet! I'll try to emphasize things that people ask commonly and things we haven't done before.

We arrived into the new airport terminal (or at least not the one we've flown into our previous trips) and pretty much sailed through. Do remember to avoid eye contact with the people in the terminal who are trying to get you cabs and so forth if you already have transportation set up!

We arrived back home around 5pm local time or so and met a fellow Yahoo-grouper right at check-in, then headed off to our room and got "dressed" to head to the hot tub. It was a bit light by then but we still chatted it up for about an hour and a half before heading off to dinner.

As always, the food was great - we like to eat the night we arrive in Suki and preferably at the large central table - it's a great way to meet other couples. We also noticed that they changed the menu this year at Suki. We found dinner to be lightly attended (though we ate at 8, which can be a bit early) and we found out that a group had just left earlier that day. Even so we had some good conversation at dinner and headed back to change for neon night.

K wore a fantastic yellow short dress that was shredded up the back and I had the neon boxer look going, but that was nothing compared to K and H - K was wearing the Borat speedo with a glow stick and fuzzy neon boots matching H's - very fun! Another tip - there was a great couple (that we met just for a moment and then never saw again) where the lady (very hot!) was handing out some of the flashing jelly-type rings to everyone hanging around the lobby. Great idea! They met every single person there, I think, and we thought that was a great way of meeting people as well.

They've kind of changed some emphasis at night too, it seems like - there was a lot more dancing and attempts by the entertainment crew to get people dancing in the lobby area, it seemed like, than in years past. That's good and bad - it was nice to get involved early, but it was also hot this year and so you'd get sweaty and hot then once you get in the disco you'd get a blast of AC that would freeze you up a bit.

K loves to shake her booty, but it was our first night so we only hung out in the disco for about an hour or so, then briefly hit the hot tub again, then bed.

We're usually beach people and were surprised to see that the platforms they used to have by the bar with the mattresses on them - all those platforms (and the hanging beds too) are gone, replaced with individual beds. We liked the new beds but kind of missed the old platforms - unless you were on the very end of the platforms you'd get shade pretty much all day, but with the new beds you have to be more careful about sun screen, and it's a slightly different vibe now too - the platforms kind of encouraged a bit more socializing it seems like. Even so, the new beds seemed like they were more comfy than the old ones, and instead of the pillow type wedges to prop you up the beds themselves have an incline to them.

Most every day followed a similar pattern for us after that: get to breakfast between 10 and 11, head off to the beach, then get lunch around 2 or so. Last year was the first year that we spent any time at the pool at all and we found that we liked it there too, so we did more splitting of time between the two - which was good because you tend to meet more people at the pool than at beach. Then we hit the hot tub around 4 or 5, stayed until 6 or 7, then get dressed for dinner, eat, then run off to change for the theme night, then dance in the lobby, then the disco, then hit the hot tub until late.

We did the mayan massage class on Friday, which was fun and hot (learned a few new techniques there), had probably our best erotic massage ever on Saturday (Silviana(sp?) and Enoc - and here's a tip there - if you don't like what the masseur/masseuse is doing, take control and either move so that they're hitting the spot you want or just move their hands to where you want), and then one of the hottest experiences of our lives with the photo shoot on Sunday.

So the photo shoot - I couldn't believe it when K said yes - I've suggested the last 3 years that she/we should do it but she just wasn't interested. They told us to pick out 3 outfits for her and made a couple of general suggestions and said the photographer would meet us at our room. We never got out of the room for the shoot - the light/weather wasn't good for hitting the beach for more pics. They asked if we wanted "vanilla, sensual, erotic, arty, or explicit pictures", so they really try to set up for what you're wanting to get. As I was sitting there watching the shoot I was thinking "this is WOMAN in full bloom that I'm watching here". The photographer was great at making small suggestions and getting her into the best position. No fee for the shoot, and with the flyer you could get a free picture. If you're going to do the shoot remember that you can negotiate with them, and if you sit through the timeshare presentation you can get a discount coupon as well. After the shoot was over we spoke a bit and I said that I was thinking not more than about 10 shots, K was thinking even fewer than that... we ended up on our first go-through of the photos with 65 and eventually got that down to 40, which is what we bought. Spendy and then some, but totally WORTH IT! It's not just the photos themselves, but the whole experience that makes it fantastic.

We went out on the paddleboards 3 or 4 times this trip, which was fun, and we went out on the Hobie Catamaran with K of K&H, which was great fun too. Give both of those things a try if you can - the guys at the dive shack will give you sailing lessons if you don't know how.

A of A&Y got the body shot virgins up to do body shots (K, S, and ... dang it, can't remember her name! and then Y got her turn) - hoooooo boy was that hot! Then the next night he got the guy body shot virgins up there, so R, then me, then he got a turn (only fair!). YOW!

We met so many great, sexy (and then some!) couples this trip - K&H, C&K, M&K, A&E (lots of K's this year :) ), A&Y, L&B, R&S... so many great people (and I've forgotten a bunch of course - sorry!). Last suggestion: make sure that you and your spouse have communicated limits (perhaps you have none, perhaps a lot) and make sure that you're on the same page and try to not go in with expectations of what will or won't happen. After all, the worst case (and "worst" there is pretty dang awesome) is that you and your spouse will spend a lot of time together!

We can't wait to get back next year around Sept 22!

D & K
Mystra
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Sept 21 - 28, 2016 - Trip 6 and best one yet!

Postby khplay8 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:32 pm

We had planned on returning in October this year because there are so many great people that go the 2nd week of October every year but work commitments caused us to change to September. What a great group of people we met this year we are so happy for the change. Everyone we met were so nice and fun.

We totally agree that they should move the party up to the Disco much sooner, the lobby bar area is always too hot.

I'm so bummed they are not doing neon/glow night next year.

We had such a great time with you guys dinner and dancing. Wow K knows how to shake her booty and you a great lead also. You guys motivated us to start taking Salsa classes again. That was also really fun going out on the Hobby Cat with you guys.

Like D said if you go with no expectations, open minds and respect for you spouses comfort level amazing things will happen at Desire. :D

We are now torn as to whether to go in Sept or Oct next year. Although Hill is dying to hear more of K’s exciting work stories. (just not over dinner)

Kev and Hill
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya