Desire(Sept 4- 12, 2009) -was a real time Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Just returned 6 Oct -- Pool resurfacing this week

Postby papahog » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 pm

All:

Just returned from resort on 6 Oct. Pool resurfacing was underway -- they are simply laying a new layer of those little tiles on top of all the tiles already there. Guess that means the pool will be a little smaller -- but only a little. They closed down the pool late Sunday afternoon and were to be finished today and refill it. Jacuzzi pool was open from 8 AM to dawn each day, but most folks simply migrated to the palapas on the beach (by the way -- there are 54 of them -- I counted). Wasn't overly crowded, so was always able to get a place to park my A$$$. You can pay a fee ($100 I think) and reserve a specific palapas or pool lounge for the entire week -- or simply get there early and take possession of one that has not been "bought". Frankly, didn't see a lot that were bought.

Weather was still very hot and sun was intense -- so shade was welcome. AC in all restaurants was working. They have relaxed the dress code in the restaurants so men can wear nice shorts -- but shoes are always required for all (sandals are OK).

Lots of sexual activity in the HT and the beds surrounding it from about 5- 8 PM, then from midnight to 3 AM -- couples and groups. Guess from 8- midnight folks were eating dinner, enjoying whatever the evening's entertainment outside in the lounge area was that night and then hitting the disco for about an hour.

any questions I can answer -- just ask.
papahog

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya