Desire(Sept 4- 12, 2009) -was a real time Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Desire(Sept 4- 12, 2009) -was a real time Trip Report

Postby mfay » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:10 pm

We thought we would try something different this trip and post a running trip report from Desire.
We have the best of intentions in planning to post everyday……. But forgive us if we miss a day or two along the way. After all, we are at Desire and there is soooooo much to do ! Lol
We arrived Friday around lunch time after a couple of very smooth flights. The airport was very busy but also very efficient and we were out quickly where our ride was waiting. On our arrival at Desire I was in for a big surprise. It seems my wonderful wife had been scheming- along with someone here at Desire- to give me and a friend and fellow guest who also had a birthday Friday- a special Desire birthday surprise ! I won’t go into the details, but I do want to thank all our fellow guests and friends along with all the staff and management here at Desire for giving me a special birthday I’ll never forget.
The resort is very full now for the labor day weekend- and by the end of today there may not be an available room for a couple days. The crowd last night in the lobby was great. The fashion show went well- with one lucky lady walking off with a 3 day/2 night free future stay here at Desire. I had the pleasure of being one of the judges- which of course I really enjoyed ! Later at the disco there was a really nice crowd of fun folks. Lots of energy and people with a sexy Desire attitude ! Probably less than half of the folks dressed to the lingerie theme but with so many people there it was still a great picture.
I’ll get into more details about what is happening these days at Desire another day, and if anyone out there has questions just ask away. This afternoon is the first of the special Tantric sex week classes- which we are really looking forward to- and tonight is leather night (means I have to bring out that totally embarrassing harness) ! But tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday are going to be very busy days for us with a nude cruise, welcome party, wine/spirits party, and erotic gift exchange all on the schedule. Still, we will try to post a little something each day.
Wish you were all here !

Mike
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Sharon and David » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Thank you Mike. It is always great to hear what is going on. We appreciate you taking such valuable time out of your day to give us poor individuals who are not there a little bit of the Desire experience. Have a great time...and Happy Birthday! We are having a wonderful time thinking of the many possibilities of your wife's surprise!!
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby tout.prest » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey Mike ! Happy birthday as well !

Great idea on the running trip report, and if you can manage to not get "distracted" from doing it, then you are a better man than I am. :lol: LOL

When you are talking to Mia, maybe you can get the latest news on construction plans and when they are slated to begin and be completed by. Don't waste too much time with it though. You are there to relax and enjoy ! :wink:

All the best and have a great trip.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby sensualcnds » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Mike... Happy Birthday...

I was wondering if you might be able to also report back if some of the "usual suspects" for staff are till there (Emilio, Aaron, Carlos, Leo, Memo, and Archos). I would like to bring down some small gifts on our upcoming trips for their families. Also, if you hear word if Silvia's pregnancy is progressing well (and if they have confirmed the baby's gender)...I would love to know so I can bring some things for Archos and his family.

Thanks so much!
K
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Postby Yankeefan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Mike/Barb,
Make sure the place is still standing for us in 3 weeks! Have fun

T/A
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Following

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm

I am following your trip report.

Sad that we couldn't come this year. Been 3 times.

Just have no money.

Happy that you guys are there.

Watching the Cancun webcams now. Looks like a typical day in paradise.

Unfortunately the Puerto Morelos cam is down.
http://www.traveltreasures.com/webcam/

I'll check for you online.

Enjoy.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

Postby 2batdesire » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Please tell us about the new theme nights - we'll be there in a few days!!!
2batdesire
Desire Lover

Postby mfay » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry about yesterday folks. But as we said- we had a very busy day and as someone else implied- we did get distracted !
Today is another busy day but we wanted to as least answer a few of the questions for now. Then starting tomorrow when we have NOTHING on the schedule we will expand.
Staff: Emilio- and the rest of the previous entertainment staff are all gone. We are told that Emilio followed his girlfriend to the USA- as young men tend to do- Lol. One of our old favorites- Edgar the bartender has also moved on. Aaron, Carlos, Leo, and Memo are all still here and doing well. Arcos too is still here and is his usually upbeat and happy self. But his wife Silvia is still in the hospital- in her 8th month of pregnancy- and will remain there. It’s sounds as if there is still a lot of doubt about a positive outcome so we just sent our best wishes and didn’t ask too many questions- including about the sex of the baby.
Construction: construction on the Unik resort on Isla Mujerus was halted sometime is the last couple of months. They don’t expect that to restart till the first of the year and they are hoping for an opening in the middle of next year- but that all depends on the economy. That means that the GM ( Martin), Mario ( Rooms/guest services) and Allessio (food/beverage manager) will all be here at Desire for several more months. The construction on the expansion here at Desire has not started and has been put on hold indefinitely- also due to the economy. We get the impression it will be a long “holdâ€
Mike
mfay

Postby tout.prest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Ah Ha ! I knew you would get distracted ! :D Good for you.

So construction has been "postponed" ? I think we all know what that means. Interesting news on the pool though.

Hope you are having a blast !

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Yankeefan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:37 am

Edgar gone? That sucks. He was the best bartender in the place. Oh well.
Thanks for the update.
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby scottish_cpl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am

Yankeefan wrote:Edgar gone? That sucks. He was the best bartender in the place. Oh well.
Thanks for the update.

Yeah he was a good bartender, if he is off to another resort, hope the appreciate him as much as the desire peeps did.

Hopefully Africa and CC are still looking after the beach and have no plans to leave.
scottish_cpl
Desire Convert

Postby Sharon and David » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks again. If you would be so kind...What the hell is D.J. night and what to wear?
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby mfay » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Africa and CC are still both here and doing well. Bye the way- had you heard the gossip (unconfirmed personally) that Africa and Carlos the bartender are an item ?
We can't comment yet on the D.J night. We'll let you know after we experience it. Tonight is White/ and Blue jeans night. we will let you know if we actually see any denim ??????????????? Last night's black tie and high heels was about what we expected.
Participation in dressing to the black tie part of the theme was pretty light, but there were a dozen or so guys in black ties, tuxedo thongs, etc.

The crowd has thinned out a lot today. The new EC's are doing a good job of getting the small crowd involved.
Lots of little improvements in the resort. Minor things, but everything looks fantastic. The food has been excellent. And the staff exceptional. We have heard of a couple of maintenance problems in the rooms but in both cases the folks were upgraded to more expensive rooms at no charge.
If you haven't been here for several months, you will be very impressed with the early evening (roughly 9 to 10:30) entertainment in the lobby lounge area. High quality bands. The "mother funkers" dance troop. Top notch stuff !
Mike
mfay

Postby scottish_cpl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:59 pm

HAHA that is so funny, at the start of August when we were there Carlos was telling us how he was so looking forward to working on the beech so he could eye up Africa.... :lol:
scottish_cpl
Desire Convert

Postby 2batdesire » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for the updates - looking forward to more!

You and Barbara like to hang around the pool, right as opposed to the beach - how is the pool chair situation now? Do you have to get up early to reserve a lounge? This will be the first time that we have been that this new reservation system is in effect.

Just wondering how it is working for you guys!

Have fun!
2batdesire
Desire Lover

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya