Halloween 2016 October 29 - November 2

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Halloween 2016 October 29 - November 2

Postby tannaked » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:25 am

Desire RM Halloween 2016

You know things are going to go well when……
-even though the plane departs late from Toronto it arrives 10 minutes early in Cancun
-2 minute lineup at immigration at terminal 3 (new terminal for westjet)
-our 4 bags (yes 4) are among the 1st 25 on the conveyor
-green light and no lineup and no x-ray
-USA Transfers was ready and waiting for us
-we were at the resort 50 minutes from touchdown and welcomed by the gang @ 1pm
In 27 trips things have never gone this smoothly….we are off to a good start!!!

Check in – boring…

Had to wait for our room, so we wandered to the pool to grab some lunch. It was nice to see lots of familiar faces, both guest and staff. Lots of Temptations staff as well as they are available and apparently working at RM and Pearl. We arrived on day 1 of the SDC Halloween event and the Halloween spirit was in the air………

Daily routine – probably boring to everyone but us

The two most memorable nights on this trip were Sunday (Devil’s night) and Monday (Halloween). ‘Unfortunately’ or perhaps I should say ‘as usual’ the resort and SDC had not established common themes so there was a variable mix to the costumes. But that was ok.

Diane packs to participate in the themes with spares just in case (remember 4 bags) and she was practically in costume all day or at least as far as Desire wear was concerned. Devils horns all day at breakfast and by the pool on Sunday and the sexiest Devils red bra and g-string complete with tail and horns as well as thigh high black boots at night. I went with the SDC theme of space heroes with a brightly lit – using battery led’s - colander helmet complete with antenna along with a silver cape, tunic and boy shorts. All from Value Village. If you were there you could not miss my “magic helmet”. The rest of the costumes were a wild mix with skin being the common theme. They held this night at the Jacuzzi. It was a little crowded but great fun.

On Monday many of the staff were dressed for the day, Jorge the butler in face paint, Africa as a Devil with horns and Diane’s borrowed tail, CC and Sylvia were costumed, as well as several other bartenders and service staff. Lots of fun at the pool and beach. Diane was a kitty cat for the day……meow.

Halloween night was sensational. The costumes ranged from Mermaid to Barmaid to French Maid to Elves on the Shelf and many, many more. The contest for best costume was won by the Elves on the Shelf – a two person costume that was incredibly inventive. Dancing that night and seeing all of the great and sexy costumes made me smile so much I thought my face was going to break. And the thought in the back of my head was that I did not have to stand outside in a parking lot in Mississauga lined up in costume half naked waiting to get into a Halloween party. This was the epitomy of adult Halloween parties…with an open bar!

These nights were very reminiscent of the “Costume Nights” that were theme nights in the past where the level of participation was extremely high, especially for men.

Oh, and by the way, both Diane and I were French Maids complete with garters, frilly panties and aprons, she with a feather duster, I with a dish mop. Got more than one request for room cleaning that night.

The rest of the trip was typical Desire, at least for us. Days by the pool, beach walks, meeting new friends and reaquainting with existing ones. We did participate in the other theme nights, but in memory they do not compare with Halloween.

Diane did not quite get to wear all of her costumes; there is always St. Patrick’s Day or next Halloween. I did my best to consume all of the Don Julio Blanco that I could. Had to practically beg for Licor 43 (considering it was week 43 on the calendar), but did end up with a bottle in the room thanks to Pedro.

The beach has taken a beating – the sand at the north end is mostly gone exposing coral and rocks/rubble and seems to have migrated to the south end near the volleyball court. Apparently a couple of days before we arrived some crazy winds and waves did this in just a few hours. All the beach beds at the north end have been moved up to the grass areas behind the wall. At the south end you almost need a ladder to safely ascend or descend the wall at watersports unless you want to swim/wade around the point or negotiate the wall hand and foot. All that new sand. And the Breathless portion of the beach at that end has eroded as well. This seems to have kept Breathless and other traffic to a minimum.

CC’s bar is apparently going to be replaced towards the north end of the beach, the current beach erosion has left it unstable. She was operating out of the gazebo. The new suites (1600 building) are way behind schedule (now mid December) but the work is fairly quiet during the day. There will be a swim up infinity pool across the front of the building facing the beach just a few feet inside the wall. Looks cool….looks $$$$

Food was great as usual; Matilda still makes the best eggs. Edilberto made sure that we were well looked after at breakfast and lunch. Morning room service from Daniel was right on time every day. Entertainment staff including Jay, Anna, JJ, Jesus, DD et al were in top form. Leo is still at watersports. Daniel, Alfredo and Jose Luis are still doing great work at the pool, Rene saw to our beach bed needs. Service, bar and wait staff were outstanding as usual. Late night food is back at the lobby bar, but the pool is now open at night and was a nice alternative to the late night Jacuzzi scene or afterwards.

An excellent trip, can’t wait for # 28. We’re back in March 2017. Hope to see some of you then.

Ritch :CAN
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Re: Halloween 2016 October 29 - November 2

Postby CLG » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:26 pm

We enjoyed the Halloween trip too, it is so much fun every year. Thanks for the kind remarks regarding our Elf costume, we had a blast wearing it, although the rain created a challenge for us to get that costume up to the disco, we didn't build that costume to climb stairs.

We enjoyed your Halloween enthusiasm during your trip...until next year.

CLG
CLG

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya