Sept. 1-9, one of the best trips yet :-)

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Sept. 1-9, one of the best trips yet :-)

Postby Darcy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:25 pm

This was our 5th time to Desire Cancun with one trip to Desire Cabo. Our last time to Desire Cancun was one year ago. To summarize, the food has improved, the service was excellent, bartenders Leonardo and Hyden were outstanding and lots of fun. The resort grounds are better than ever. We assumed that we would not be able to get a beach bed during the busy Labor Day weekend and were prepared to put up our little beach umbrella next to a couple of beach loungers. But, even at 9:30AM, we always got a beach bed. We were a little concerned about the new theme nights, but it all worked out great. I don't know the % of those who dressed the theme, but it did seem high to me. I didn't dress the super hero theme, but it didn't matter, we still had a fun evening. It was fun dancing by the lobby bar after dinner. Sometimes we had more fun there than at the disco, so it is a nice alternative if you need to turn in earlier some nights. Lots of laughter and silliness :) It seemed like most evenings when we were on our way back to our rooms and stopped at the lobby bar for a glass of water, we ended up meeting more fun people and didn't make it to our rooms for a couple more hours. So it goes at Desire! The weather was perfect, the ocean beautiful, the beach in good shape. We loved floating for hours in the ocean as we chatted with other guests, hanging out by the little beach bar, and overall had a terrific time. I laugh when people comment that you can get by with a carry on bag. I enjoyed so much dressing for dinner and then "slut" wear along with something for breakfast, and those shoes.....I had two large bags and one carry on. We also visited Claudia for the first time. She is a lovely woman and it was a very enjoyable experience. We can't imagine a year without one or two trips to Desire! For the hesitant couples, with an open mind, a smile and sense of humor, you are guaranteed a terrific time. Just a simple pleasant comment to another guest typically leads to a conversation and sometimes a friendship that endures. We find Desire Resort "maturing" in a very positive manner. Enjoy!! D
Darcy
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Darcy, excellent post! We too were fortunate enough to be there during the Labor Day break and had a fantastic time! We participated in a few of the theme nights and spent much time up at the hot tub after the festivities. While we didn't make it to the beach beds much, we certainly enjoyed hanging out by the pool......by the way we thought the EC staff did a terrific job of getting the crowd to participate!

Another fantastic trip....great service....thanks Leo, Matilde, Africa, Carlos, Aaron, Arcos and the rest of the crew for making this one of our best trips thus far.

Also met some terrific people, all in all we thought it was a very hot crowd but more importantly a very fun, outgoing group! Can't wait to go back and yes, we concur, at least two trips per year.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby miranda » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write your trip report.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Sharon and David » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 pm

miranda wrote:Thanks for taking the time to write your trip report.
Us also! Thank you. We will try to do the same in November, our 4th. trip in 2 years. Love this place.
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby mfay » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 am

Darcy- it was very nice finally meeting you ! We'll look forward to running in to you again in paradise (Desire) soon.
Mike
mfay

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya