First timers review, Nov. 2016

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

First timers review, Nov. 2016

Postby Curious Couple » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

We are now 10 days removed from our first time at DRM. I apologize now as I know this will get pretty long. However when we were looking we enjoyed the detail and insights.

We are not in the lifestyle and have (had :) ) barely dipped our toes in the nude beach scene. So pretty vanilla. Wife is a little self conscious and has spent about 30 min total in her life "topless" in "public". We got a passion suite to insure that we would have a beach bed in case the comfort level was such that we would spend most of the time on the beach. I was not expecting much as she is really reserved and quiet and has trouble talking to "strangers". Even though she has a soccer mom body and nice DDD-E cups she has a little body image hang up.

We got in and lucky for us the room was ready and check in was really smooth. Nice room we've had better and worse but you don't go here for the room. We checked out the room got unpacked then changed to hit the beach bed. Sure there may not be a huge beach but again you are not really here for a big beach. They do a good job with seaweed removal and the beach may not be as nice as some but is nicer than many. So in my shorts, wife in bikini with cover up on the trip started as i expected it would be most or the entire time clothes wise. There is just a vibe about this place SOOO with in 5 min of being on the beach off came her top! Walking up and down the beach a little and testing the temp of the water. Not being sure how I would feel either au natural was quite comfortable with in 20 min.

Absolutely at no time did we feel inadequate or out of place. Sure there were a few men and women that looked like they knew their way around the gym, but the majority are just like you and us. She actually was nude on the beach for a while as well during our trip and even forgot she had taken her top to the beach once when she headed back towards the room carrying her bottoms. We never have gotten in a resort pool but me naked her topless spent some time in the pool. Guys don't worry some big some small some intimidating looking (body size and looks), ladies the same, but the NICEST people you will ever meet. If you are there on the right day do not miss the foam party. (Still am hoping that it was a woman that kept squeezing my ass but oh well :) )

We did not take part in the costume dress up nights but did attend and there were a lot of people dressed up. We wish we had participated. There we some very interesting outfits.

The food was good. Better than average and we don't have a negative to say about the food.

The "sales pitch" was a little strong but as most opportunities saying no 3 times did the job and we passed and only gave up about an hour of our trip but got a nice credit we used on the spa and it was well worth it.

We did go up to the disco a couple times and it was pretty nice. Definitely wish we would have spent some more time up there. We looked at the Sin room but nobody was in there yet and we didn't go back when it was "in use". We went up to the Hot tub one afternoon and one evening and it was nice. Great view and quite a lot going on at times. For us not knowing or adjusting to the schedule did not regulate our drinking too well and were quite tipsy way too early to fully enjoy both places.

So we still are not in the lifestyle and haven't even dipped our toes in still. However, on our second night she hinted to maybe wanting to come back. Before we left we were looking at booking our trip for next year! Amazing experience, great time, absolutely no regrets or hesitation on wanting to go back.

My biggest suggestion is read these posts, ask questions (both of you). Wife was content letting me read and then asking a few questions. We set our boundaries and set rules just in case which I still think is a must for first timers like us exploring the possibility to "try it out". But read read read and ask questions. I was pretty prepared and she was not. She said she wished she would have read more because she didn't believe or get the vibe or UNrestrictions of the resort. She didn't realize how sheer, and little the outfits would/could be for dinner and felt a bit out of place in her traditional dinner outfits. She also said she definitely wants to participate in the dress up nights.

Don't miss the late night BLT's and pizza we were craving them for days after getting back.

Sorry if I've jumped around but I think you'll get what I'm putting down. Last but not least. THE PEOPLE. These were the nicest people, friendly, talkative, down to earth, absolutely amazing. Thankfully I had posted and Richard and Stacey suggested the yahoo group. They were wonderful and came right up and introduced themselves I think they could tell we were a bit out of our element. Doug and Rhonda were great also we really enjoyed visiting with them. We really enjoyed everyone we talked to, thank you all so much for the warm welcomes.

We will definitely be back and plan to participate more now that we know what to expect, how to plan the days and how to regulate the alcohol to be upright longer. We are still interested in trying the lifestyle and I even asked if she thought she would be into it one week a year and she said we'd probably end up wanting to do it more that that. She had a nice conversation with one of our balcony mates and she really put the wife at ease on the lifestyle (kinda wish that conversation was earlier in our trip) however I would not change a thing. This was a great experience and brought us closer together. We have been going places for the last 17 years and this is the first place that we both agree that we wanted to go back the next year.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask questions if you want a first timers prospective. Go, leave your inhibitions at the airport and pick them up when you fly out. Relax enjoy the vibe and the people dare to loosen up and you will have a great time just as we did.
Curious Couple
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Nov 2016

Re: First timers review, Nov. 2016

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:36 pm

It was great meeting you guys, we are so glad that you had a great trip. We knew that you would but also know that it's really something you have to experience for yourselves. As you said, all the forum reading etc... is important but it can only prepare you so much, there's actually nothing quite like your first 10 minutes at Desire, surreal. It has been said many times, and it's true, Desire is what you make of it and it offers the opportunity to experience things at your own pace with a great group of people. I only wish we could've stayed longer to enjoy more of it with you!

It sounds like there is plenty that you want to experience so I'm sure you'll be back. The next one will be different than the first, which is a great thing. We are like you in that Desire is the first place we have had a repeat visit after being together for 15 years. This was our second trip and now we have already booked the next trip for May. I think we have found our thing lol.

I'm jealous you got to experience the foam party, we still have yet to do that!

Even though she has a soccer mom body and nice DDD-E cups she has a little body image hang up.

This was a great experience and brought us closer together.

These were things that stood out from our first trip a well. Desire is such a great confidence booster! And both of us thought your wife was both beautiful and sexy, nothing at all to have any amount of hang up about, I hope she came out of the trip realizing that even more. Nothing is quite as sexy as a confident woman :-)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Curious Couple » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Hey guys sorry it has taken so long for a reply. It was great to meet you both.

For those wondering this is an example of how wonderful the forums are. This amazing couple that we corresponded with made us feel so welcome. I know they could tell we were a bit out of our element and nervous. They made a point to come over and introduce themselves. It was so nice. S&R were the first couple we talked to and really put us ease. We talked to a lot of the couples we met through the forum as well as our balcony neighbors. It was a great idea joining the forums.

Anyway R&S thanks for helping us your friendliness really made a difference for us. I tend to overthink and not react or respond so I really took a step back after our review. Just waiting to see how the wife would react or bring up the trip after settling back into routine. Much to my surprise she suggested going back for her birthday! Not sure if we'll be able to make that happen or not.

Then again I was surprised by her again bringing up going back in November again.

Thank you for the kind words and you are right nothing like a confident woman.

We recently took a trip for my B day and much to my surprise she was willing to go to a strip club, went right up front to tip several dancers and even let them pull those big fun bags out even with other people watching. So I know she is getting more confident and comfortable and our next trip will be a whole new adventure.

You 2 are an amazing (and hot) couple and we can't say enough how much the little interaction we had meant to us and helped us enjoy the trip.

Newbies like us. Read read read posts and join the forums.
Curious Couple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 21 Nov 2016

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:14 pm

:L Glad going back is on the table, I figured it would be :D - it was certainly a pleasure to meet the two of you and glad we were able to help in some small way.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya