Dec 2016 - First Timers Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Dec 2016 - First Timers Trip Report

Postby DuaneandMel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:54 pm

We have now been back a few weeks. Now with the trip over and the holidays behinds us I finally have time to pay everyone back for their trip reports by providing one of my own.

We were at DRM Dec 16 thru the 21. It was our first trip to the resort. Our only previous experience to anything close to DRM had been at Temptations..which we liked very much. We are not in the lifestyle but have friends who are and like being around open minded fun people. Desire was definitely a step up for us.. sexually. The trip marked a lot of firsts for us both. In short we had a riot. Neither of us are "models" but felt very comfortable being naked around other people. This was a first for us both. I loved seeing my wife topless all week long. It was a very erotic experience to be naked around other people all the time. Sounds stupid..but true.

Comparing Desire to Temptations all I can say is that everything was a level or two better. Keep in mind that we loved Temptations but this resort was nicer, the food better, the atmosphere sexier, the staff more professional and friendly and the rooms better.

Everyone really gets into the theme nights and the disco is a lot of fun. Without me knowing, my wife bought an outfit for each night and looked sexier than hell. It was very cool!!

Then theres the Jacuzzi. We ventured up to the Jacuzzi late our first night there. All I can say is yes..everything you have heard and read is true. It was an erotic overload...and we loved it. One funny thing.. we did the jacuzzi two late nights and enjoyed them both (just watching.. we never played with others dang it lol). Then one afternoon another couple suggested we go up there before dinner in the late afternoon... so we did. HOLY ****!!! There was triple the amount of people and triple the amount of stuff going on! Live and learn. Lol

The staff at DRM is out of this world. They honestly feel like family by the time you leave. I would feel comfortable with any of them in my home. Amazing people. And...for the most part, the people we met at the resort are also great. We only had one bad experience that left a bad taste. But it was really no big deal and is not worth mentioning here.

In closing, if you are debating your first trip to DRM.. and (like us) are a little nervous... go ahead and do it!! You won't regret it. You can do as little or as much as you want. And, as long as your constantly communicate with your partner, you will have a GREAT trip!! We have been married over 30 years and I can honestly say that we had some of the best sex of our marriage and I learned some very cool things about my lovely wife and her sexual desires. One of them is that she wants to go back!

D & M
DuaneandMel

We are from: USA

Re: Dec 2016 - First Timers Trip Report

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:44 pm

:L Great report

Then one afternoon another couple suggested we go up there before dinner in the late afternoon... so we did. HOLY ****!!! There was triple the amount of people and triple the amount of stuff going on! Live and learn. Lol

Amazing isn't it :mrgreen:

We only had one bad experience that left a bad taste. But it was really no big deal and is not worth mentioning here.

We haven't had any bad experiences but I could see how it could happen - still it's the exception rather than the rule.

In closing, if you are debating your first trip to DRM.. and (like us) are a little nervous... go ahead and do it!! You won't regret it. You can do as little or as much as you want. And, as long as your constantly communicate with your partner, you will have a GREAT trip!! We have been married over 30 years and I can honestly say that we had some of the best sex of our marriage and I learned some very cool things about my lovely wife and her sexual desires. One of them is that she wants to go back!

That's exactly the approach we have taken with our trips with similar results, glad you had a great trip. So, when you going back?
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby DuaneandMel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Thanks Explorer...

Yes our minor bad experience was really not a big deal and may have been partially my own fault from not knowing how to fit in.. in certain situations.

We really enjoyed watching everyone... being naked.. and I really enjoyed the little female fun my wife had. Maybe more in the future.

Having returned home we are now looking for things we can do here to keep things fun. And looking forward to our next trip to Desire.
DuaneandMel

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 pm

Isn't it great how Desire pays off before, during and after the trip. :D
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby tan44 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:40 am

Explorer79 wrote:Isn't it great how Desire pays off before, during and after the trip. :D

:L
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby Al & Kim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:34 pm

We too started at Temptation. Then we started splitting our trip to both and the last 2 trips we have skipped Temptation altogether. We do want to check out the new Temptation when it opens. My question to you is, will you go back to Temptation or is Desire your place to go now? Try Pearl. Both Desires are great, but Pearl is our favorite.
Al & Kim
Desire Devotee

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2023

Postby Smith's » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:18 am

Al & Kim you say Pearl is your fav. We are in our 30's and liked Temptation when it was all clothing optional. We liked how the pool never was too crowded yet full and at the jacuzzi even though things went on you could spend time with the group you met while there and decide to stay or all go back to a room together. We went to Hedo once and it felt crowded in the pool and the jacuzzi was a sex pit. From what we have read RM appears to be more aggressive, not have as nice rooms and if you like to play in play rooms this is the place for you. Pearl seems to have nicer rooms, but a older crowd and from what we read not as fun because people really do not go to the disco and people do not really hang out at the jacuzzi after the disco. We love fun party atmospheres, with mingleing but we do not full swap and we do not want to feel left out because we are not jumping into all the action. Which place do you suggest is best to book from what we have shared?
Smith's

We arrive on: 25 May 2017

Postby candjwv » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:57 pm

We've been to each of the resorts once, and feel Desire is the best for us. From what I hear you say, it seems like it fits you too. About us:

- we skipped the partying in college, and are trying to make up for that now
- we're not vanilla, but 100% monogamous
- we don't go for loud drunkenness, but like a nice buzz by 10:00 AM
- we love the theme nights, and dressing up for them
- food has to be good, or we're out

TTR was OK, but we got a premium room, and it was a disappointment. It flooded when it rained, even though it was on the 2nd floor. The crowd was more frat party than sexy couples, and a few single guys killed the vibe quickly. They weren't out of line, but it's just a different scene, when a group of 4 college guys is "on the prowl." The only real place for entertainment is outdoors, and subject to rain. All music was provided by a DJ.

Pearl was luxurious, but very lazy. The disco died out 20 mins after the show. The crowd was either older, or if young, very affluent. It's more expensive, and it attracts a different clientele. If you like to sleep on the beach and have great dinners, but then retire to your room by 9:00, it's perfect.

DRM is the best of both worlds for us. We're not LS, but love hanging out with those folks because they know how to have fun. They were always a little wild, without being out of control. If you want to go home with good stories to tell your friends (or not) then you'll have plenty. The rooms are very nice, but Pearl is a touch nicer. The food is very good, but Pearl's is a quarter notch better. DRM has more restaurants, so that's helpful if you're staying more than 3-4 days. Entertainment is better at DRM (bands and shows every night). Being less expensive than Pearl, we feel it's the best value.
DRM: 5/4 - 5/11, 2014
TTR: 11/10 - 11/15, 2015
DP: 7/29 - 8/3, 2016
*** DRM: June 17-23 2017 ***
candjwv
Desire Lover

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 05 Nov 2022

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm

We haven't been to Pearl yet (one day though), but the reasons you list were exactly why we chose RM when booking. I think it also has a lot to do with the people at either resort for any given time - plenty of stories of wild times at Pearl for example. I think that the smaller resort and self fulfilling prophecy effect probably has something to do with it as well. I have had several couples tell us that when it's dead at Pearl it's _really_ dead, whereas at RM it's a little bit less of an effect. Also I have heard multiple times about the dead after 10pm deal. Again though I'm sure this is very crowd dependent. I'm thinking Pearl during a takeover would be as wild as anything else. And to clarify, by wild I mean in the way you describe, not frat party wild, haven't seen that at RM (and hope I don't).
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby MandKat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks for the report! :L
MandKat