First timers, January 9 to January 19, 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

First timers, January 9 to January 19, 2017

Postby TimeToLive » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:11 pm

First, thanks to D&B and E&M, two couples who told us about this forum on our first days. We wish we had known about this before we went, but better late than never! In fact, I wasted a day away just reading through it. We really wish we had found this sooner, as it would have eased our minds greatly as we got closer to our visit.

We're mid-50's, empty nesters, who have never done anything remotely like this. We look like we've lived, with the battle scars to show it, a few extra pounds, we look our ages. We truly love each other, my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me, but we are what we are, and didn't know how we'd appear to strangers. Having found Desire truly by accident, we read a lot of reports on Trip Advisor, and after a while decided we wanted to go somewhere we never would have in the past. Latecomers to "YOLO"? Maybe. The thought of being naked in front of others was a little scary, play with others not even considered. We'd never done anything like that in our lives, and wanted to expand our horizons a little but not too much.

We didn't realize before booking that it was considered "International Swingers Month", found out right before we left, so to say we were a bundle of nerves walking into the lobby would be an understatement. Check in was fast and easy, room would be ready in a couple hours, and we had read in trip reports about the time share push, so I was not tempted or pushed into that. We hadn't had a real vacation in years, we weren't wasting any time listening to something we had no interest in.

Out the lobby we went, still anxious, so we stopped at the first place we saw, the lobby bar, and took a shot of liquid courage. Don Julio, you are a friend of mine. Off to the lunch we went, and for the first time in our lives saw a group of naked people. It was even fairly cool, and yet there the scene was. We sat at a table on the edge of the restaurant, where we could still see a bit of the pool area, and wondered if we had made the right choice. Well, more like wondered if we could join in. We took our time eating, had another drink, and then went back to the lobby to get our room. We had a basic gardenview, nothing special, but served its purpose. Back to the lobby for another drink, where we met D&B, who were just grabbing coffee. Great coffee there, by the way. They told us that it was almost Jacuzzi time. We laughed and told them that we weren't sure about running right up, but they took us under their wing, and the next thing you know we were climbing those steps, dropping our clothes, and joining in on the greatest, longest party of our lives. It was shocking being naked with others, and not even thinking about it after ten minutes. Nobody cared, nobody stared, everyone was just laughing and smiling. You couldn't tell who was a banker, who was a doctor, who worked retail, none of it. There were beautiful and not so beautiful bodies. Young couples, older couples. Work out buffs and dad bods. Just people. All walks of life, different nationalities, languages, religions. No one cared! The only common denominator was the obvious love and affection couples had for each other. Truly freeing. Before we went, we didn't know if we'd spend a sexy vacation alone, or mingle a bit. We mingled. A lot.

Our days took the pattern everyone talks about. The most relaxing trip of our lives. Never have we felt so accepted. Never did we feel uncomfortable, other than a minor moment, and noticing another semi creeper act. One guy seemed a bit creeper-like, as he was overly touchy with my wife one night in the Jacuzzi, and we had never met him. It happened a couple times, and only when his wife wasn't right there with him. We did set him straight, and we never noticed him again.

The Jacuzzi was our favorite spot, and seemed the best place to meet people. The highlight of our trip was several days in, when a group set a ton of ping pong balls free in the Jacuzzi. They all had writing on them telling you things to do. "Body shot", "kiss a Canadian", things like that. The first ball that made its way over to us said "massage Xxxx's ass". (I actually remember the name but I believe in discretion). We asked who that even was, and was pointed at this beautiful thirtysomething woman we had noticed earlier, not just because she was pretty, but because my wife had pointed her out and said "look at that ass!" That is something my wife has NEVER done, so you can bet I remembered that! Well, when the woman heard I had the ball, she did come over, and with a smile and bit of eyeroll she turned and I had the pleasure of rubbing the firmest butt I've ever been close to. For most that would be another minute at Desire, but for me, it made me feel young again. Where else could a middle aged man like me have a chance like that with someone twenty years younger? That is the only contact we had with others on our trip, and we were fine with it, but it was still a thrill to be naked, rubbing a beautiful woman's perfect behind, and then laugh with others about the scene all around us.

Other than that day there wasn't a lot of activity of a sexual nature around even though it was a swinger month. We did see a couple around the pool have sex a couple days, but we weren't at the pool a lot. The Jacuzzi beds had a little action a couple days, but we were told by those we became friends with that it was really pretty quiet for Desire. We did go up there after the disco a few nights, and it was a little busier, but not a full blown orgy. What we did see fueled our passion for each other, and we would have liked to see more. Part of our trip was billed as "Unicorn Week", which "D" defined for us as he laughed. We learned a lot, lol! Anyway, no matter what they called it, we saw no single females or threesome couples. We did see one threesome with two women in the jacuzzi one night, and that was as close to a unicorn as I saw. That also led to the second creeper moment, as the three got out and headed to the beds (and we noticed that my ping pong ball woman was one of them, couldn't miss that ass), a guy about my age who was up there by himself, planted himself at table right at the foot of the bed and stared. While we quickly discovered we like watching, that was plain tacky. Discretion is much classier.

This is too long already, but anyone with doubts shouldn't have them. It really is a resort for everyone, and we had the time of our lives. If anything, it strengthened our relationship, and much improved our own self-esteem. We're already planning for a summer return, and can't wait!
TimeToLive

We are from: USA

Re: First timers, January 9 to January 19, 2017

Postby Powderfinger » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 am

Well, this just made my 47 year old wife's day...or maybe week! She would be the "beautiful thirty-something woman" whose name & butt were together on that ping pong ball. (The hot tub ping pong balls made for a fun time, thanks M&E!) She claims "not that many people rubbed my butt", (yeah, right, but I was drinking so who knows?!?), but she is wracking her brain trying to place who you could be, lol, 'cause she now loves you. Glad you had a great trip and are going back for more, seems like y'all really got into the spirit of Desire and embraced it!

Funny how if I told her she looked in her 30's she'd tell me "give me a break", but here she's just smiling ear to ear.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Yeipi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Great trip report! We arrived on the 18th and we found one of the ping pong balls in the Jacuzzi in one of those days... Now I understand :lol:
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby desireaddict » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

What we did see fueled our passion for each other,

There's no place like Desire!

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby youme69 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:44 am

Powderfinger wrote:Well, this just made my 47 year old wife's day...or maybe week! She would be the "beautiful thirty-something woman" whose name & butt were together on that ping pong ball.

Ahhhhh. The memories of Cs firm ass (and everything else!) and then to have it on a ping pong ball. Sounds like a fun trip!!

Kathy and Jack
youme69
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby thetanman1957 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 pm

We can appreciate and confirm his comments about Chris! You are a lucky man.

Powderfinger wrote:Well, this just made my 47 year old wife's day...or maybe week! She would be the "beautiful thirty-something woman" whose name & butt were together on that ping pong ball. (The hot tub ping pong balls made for a fun time, thanks M&E!) She claims "not that many people rubbed my butt", (yeah, right, but I was drinking so who knows?!?), but she is wracking her brain trying to place who you could be, lol, 'cause she now loves you. Glad you had a great trip and are going back for more, seems like y'all really got into the spirit of Desire and embraced it!

Funny how if I told her she looked in her 30's she'd tell me "give me a break", but here she's just smiling ear to ear.....
thetanman1957
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Postby Powderfinger » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 am

youme69 wrote:
Powderfinger wrote:Well, this just made my 47 year old wife's day...or maybe week! She would be the "beautiful thirty-something woman" whose name & butt were together on that ping pong ball.

Ahhhhh. The memories of Cs firm ass (and everything else!) and then to have it on a ping pong ball. Sounds like a fun trip!!

Kathy and Jack

LOL....yep, it was a fun trip!

thetanman1957 wrote:We can appreciate and confirm his comments about Chris! You are a lucky man.

Thank ya kindly sir. Lucky I most certainly am. %%-
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby TimeToLive » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:34 am

Powderfinger wrote:Well, this just made my 47 year old wife's day...or maybe week! She would be the "beautiful thirty-something woman" whose name & butt were together on that ping pong ball. (The hot tub ping pong balls made for a fun time, thanks M&E!) She claims "not that many people rubbed my butt", (yeah, right, but I was drinking so who knows?!?), but she is wracking her brain trying to place who you could be, lol, 'cause she now loves you. Glad you had a great trip and are going back for more, seems like y'all really got into the spirit of Desire and embraced it!

She really does look like she's in her thirties, its hard to believe she's in her mid-40's, what she does works well for her! The Spirit of Desire is still going strong, we will be back soon!

desireaddict wrote:
What we did see fueled our passion for each other,

There's no place like Desire!

Life is Good!
DA

No there isn't! If only we had discovered this years ago.
TimeToLive

Postby M&E » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am

Glad you enjoyed the ping pong balls! We are bringing them back in August ;-)

Mike and Erin
Aug 2013 RM
Aug 2014 RM
Dec 2014 RM
Aug 2015 Pearl
Nov 2015 RM
May 2016 Pearl
Aug 2016 RM
Jan 2017 RM
Aug 2017 RM
Sep 2017 RM
Aug 2018 RM
M&E
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Postby dbhouston281 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Just reading this now, 5 months after the fact! Glad you guys had a great time, I'm sure you probably have your next trip booked already haha! We'll be back in just under 60 days from today and ready to relax at our favorite place on the planet! Cheers and hope all is well!

TimeToLive wrote:First, thanks to D&B and E&M, two couples who told us about this forum on our first days. We wish we had known about this before we went, but better late than never! In fact, I wasted a day away just reading through it. We really wish we had found this sooner, as it would have eased our minds greatly as we got closer to our visit.

We're mid-50's, empty nesters, who have never done anything remotely like this. We look like we've lived, with the battle scars to show it, a few extra pounds, we look our ages. We truly love each other, my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me, but we are what we are, and didn't know how we'd appear to strangers. Having found Desire truly by accident, we read a lot of reports on Trip Advisor, and after a while decided we wanted to go somewhere we never would have in the past. Latecomers to "YOLO"? Maybe. The thought of being naked in front of others was a little scary, play with others not even considered. We'd never done anything like that in our lives, and wanted to expand our horizons a little but not too much.

We didn't realize before booking that it was considered "International Swingers Month", found out right before we left, so to say we were a bundle of nerves walking into the lobby would be an understatement. Check in was fast and easy, room would be ready in a couple hours, and we had read in trip reports about the time share push, so I was not tempted or pushed into that. We hadn't had a real vacation in years, we weren't wasting any time listening to something we had no interest in.

Out the lobby we went, still anxious, so we stopped at the first place we saw, the lobby bar, and took a shot of liquid courage. Don Julio, you are a friend of mine. Off to the lunch we went, and for the first time in our lives saw a group of naked people. It was even fairly cool, and yet there the scene was. We sat at a table on the edge of the restaurant, where we could still see a bit of the pool area, and wondered if we had made the right choice. Well, more like wondered if we could join in. We took our time eating, had another drink, and then went back to the lobby to get our room. We had a basic gardenview, nothing special, but served its purpose. Back to the lobby for another drink, where we met D&B, who were just grabbing coffee. Great coffee there, by the way. They told us that it was almost Jacuzzi time. We laughed and told them that we weren't sure about running right up, but they took us under their wing, and the next thing you know we were climbing those steps, dropping our clothes, and joining in on the greatest, longest party of our lives. It was shocking being naked with others, and not even thinking about it after ten minutes. Nobody cared, nobody stared, everyone was just laughing and smiling. You couldn't tell who was a banker, who was a doctor, who worked retail, none of it. There were beautiful and not so beautiful bodies. Young couples, older couples. Work out buffs and dad bods. Just people. All walks of life, different nationalities, languages, religions. No one cared! The only common denominator was the obvious love and affection couples had for each other. Truly freeing. Before we went, we didn't know if we'd spend a sexy vacation alone, or mingle a bit. We mingled. A lot.

Our days took the pattern everyone talks about. The most relaxing trip of our lives. Never have we felt so accepted. Never did we feel uncomfortable, other than a minor moment, and noticing another semi creeper act. One guy seemed a bit creeper-like, as he was overly touchy with my wife one night in the Jacuzzi, and we had never met him. It happened a couple times, and only when his wife wasn't right there with him. We did set him straight, and we never noticed him again.

The Jacuzzi was our favorite spot, and seemed the best place to meet people. The highlight of our trip was several days in, when a group set a ton of ping pong balls free in the Jacuzzi. They all had writing on them telling you things to do. "Body shot", "kiss a Canadian", things like that. The first ball that made its way over to us said "massage Xxxx's ass". (I actually remember the name but I believe in discretion). We asked who that even was, and was pointed at this beautiful thirtysomething woman we had noticed earlier, not just because she was pretty, but because my wife had pointed her out and said "look at that ass!" That is something my wife has NEVER done, so you can bet I remembered that! Well, when the woman heard I had the ball, she did come over, and with a smile and bit of eyeroll she turned and I had the pleasure of rubbing the firmest butt I've ever been close to. For most that would be another minute at Desire, but for me, it made me feel young again. Where else could a middle aged man like me have a chance like that with someone twenty years younger? That is the only contact we had with others on our trip, and we were fine with it, but it was still a thrill to be naked, rubbing a beautiful woman's perfect behind, and then laugh with others about the scene all around us.

Other than that day there wasn't a lot of activity of a sexual nature around even though it was a swinger month. We did see a couple around the pool have sex a couple days, but we weren't at the pool a lot. The Jacuzzi beds had a little action a couple days, but we were told by those we became friends with that it was really pretty quiet for Desire. We did go up there after the disco a few nights, and it was a little busier, but not a full blown orgy. What we did see fueled our passion for each other, and we would have liked to see more. Part of our trip was billed as "Unicorn Week", which "D" defined for us as he laughed. We learned a lot, lol! Anyway, no matter what they called it, we saw no single females or threesome couples. We did see one threesome with two women in the jacuzzi one night, and that was as close to a unicorn as I saw. That also led to the second creeper moment, as the three got out and headed to the beds (and we noticed that my ping pong ball woman was one of them, couldn't miss that ass), a guy about my age who was up there by himself, planted himself at table right at the foot of the bed and stared. While we quickly discovered we like watching, that was plain tacky. Discretion is much classier.

This is too long already, but anyone with doubts shouldn't have them. It really is a resort for everyone, and we had the time of our lives. If anything, it strengthened our relationship, and much improved our own self-esteem. We're already planning for a summer return, and can't wait!
SDC: Tequilalove
dbhouston281
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya