First timers to RM Jan. 20-26, 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

First timers to RM Jan. 20-26, 2017

Postby JandK TX » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Wow,
First, Wife (K) was "hired" by the resort to perform/teach/instruct. Husband posting.(J)
We are what WE considered to be a fairly vanilla couple. We have been to many clothing optional and/or nude resorts in the past and also belong to a LS club in our home town but have never swapped partners or any variations of what would be considered LS. We usually refer to ourselves as voyeur/exhibitionist to others in the LS. We wanted to come to desire for the atmosphere and because naked people and LS couples generally tend to be the most honest and down to earth people we have ever been around.

Prior to the trip we both had an open mind and knew that if we were not comfortable with something that we could walk away and just not participate. My wife was very excited about the theme nights and had all costumes and outfits ready several weeks prior to leaving. I on the other had threw a pair of pants and a few shirts in a bag (for dinners) the night before we left and was good to go.

I would love to write up a detailed day by day report but truthfully every time I try to think of all the little details of each day they all start to blur together so I am just going to write the general feelings and happenings of our experience there. We never felt out of place or uncomfortable in the week we were there. We met a bunch of the coolest and most genuine couples and had a great time exploring boundaries. One of the great things that we took away was how eager and open other couples were to talk about where they were in the LS and answer all the stupid questions that I had about the lifestyle in general. One couple in particular peaked our interest mainly based on their thoughts and their devotion to each other and how similar their relationship was to ours and how we felt about each other. We ended up spending a great evening with them in which the girls played together and then had fun with their (own) husbands. We also met another group of couples who were fun to hang out with by the pool and the hot tub and invited us to come to the sin room with them. No pressure for us to play with them and we were fine having our own fun while they all played together. We got a request later from them to do the same again and that was a turn on for us that they enjoyed watching us while they also had fun with each other and others.

One of the great things about my experience was to see my wife regain some confidence in herself. We are early 40's and we have one child. She is not as confident in her body as she used to be.(You couldn't tell that by the way she performs) Even though i tell her she is hot all the time, hearing compliments from others all week really gave her self esteem a boost. She got tons of compliments on her ass and that always made her smile.

We really enjoyed ourselves and feel a renewed spark in our own relationship because of the experience. We experienced new things that we had not done together in the past and we also agreed to keep not doing some things that we haven'
t done as they just don't appeal to us. We also learned that it is ok if we don't want to do things we can still go and have fun! We hope to come back soon and see everyone again!
JandK TX

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 20 Jan 2017

Re: First timers to RM Jan. 20-26, 2017

Postby Mystra » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:59 pm

JandK TX wrote:We really enjoyed ourselves and feel a renewed spark in our own relationship because of the experience. We experienced new things that we had not done together in the past and we also agreed to keep not doing some things that we haven'
t done as they just don't appeal to us. We also learned that it is ok if we don't want to do things we can still go and have fun! We hope to come back soon and see everyone again!

And that's why we go too! Nice review.

D & K
Mystra
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: First timers to RM Jan. 20-26, 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:22 pm

JandK TX wrote:We wanted to come to desire for the atmosphere and because naked people and LS couples generally tend to be the most honest and down to earth people we have ever been around.

Before our first trip we had done nothing like this but we have certainly found this to be true - it's one of the reasons why in all our travels Desire is the first place we have ever done a re-visit.

Prior to the trip we both had an open mind and knew that if we were not comfortable with something that we could walk away and just not participate.

This was one of the main attractions for us as well - seemed like a safe place to explore our boundaries and this definitely turned out to be the case.

We never felt out of place or uncomfortable in the week we were there. We met a bunch of the coolest and most genuine couples and had a great time exploring boundaries.

It's amazing how that works out - on the surface it would seem like going to Desire with a bunch of naked people would be uncomfortable and would at least take a while to get used to but it actually turned out to be quite the opposite.

One of the great things that we took away was how eager and open other couples were to talk about where they were in the LS and answer all the stupid questions that I had about the lifestyle in general.

We noticed this too - I guess it's like talking to anyone about their 'hobby', most people like to talk about what they are into.

One couple in particular peaked our interest mainly based on their thoughts and their devotion to each other and how similar their relationship was to ours and how we felt about each other.

Those are exactly the types of couples we are attracted to the most.

One of the great things about my experience was to see my wife regain some confidence in herself. Even though i tell her she is hot all the time, hearing compliments from others all week really gave her self esteem a boost.

Same here - as they say, confidence is sexy and seeing my wife, an already confident woman become even more confident and emboldened was awesome.

We really enjoyed ourselves and feel a renewed spark in our own relationship because of the experience.

Ah yes, my wife coined a term for this, once you leave Desire but it seems to carry on - she calls it the 'Desire Effect'

Sounds like you had a great trip and took advantage of everything Desire has to offer - it truly is a magical place.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya