Newbie Trip Report March 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie Trip Report March 2017

Postby funwithwifey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 pm

We returned home 1 week ago today. Feeling range from pure fulfillment to slight depression.

USA Transfer was great. Easy pickup and drop off.
Check-in was great. As we go over the rules we have a shot of Don Julio brought to us. When it didn't burn, I knew it was going to be a fun trip.
Only hiccup was they had to make us change rooms in day 2. Never convenient but get over it. It's 6pm at this point, most are in in the hot tub, changing or napping. We grabbed a drink and went to the ocean. It was Thursday, we thought it was Uniform night but it was tape art. But the truth is, participation is warmly welcomed but not frowned upon if you don't. I would say pick your favorites and indulge in those days. The rest, just enjoy. By the time we made it to the disco it was winding down. The music was a bit slow but it was a Thursday, which is a slower night. Still, we met a bunch or great people, had a few shots and had a great night. Closed the night with pizza of course.

We missed breakfast and slept in. Made it to the buffet for lunch. Spent the beginning of the day on ocean front day bed. We love the ocean. But when 1:30 rolled around it was obvious the place to be was in the pool for the foam party. I didn't think it would be as fun as it was. Sensory deprivation at times. Can't see, keep your mouth closed for sure. By the end of the foam party we had met so many amazing people. It ended up being a day around the pool with 20 of your closest new friends. Newbies-the lifestyle question isn't an issue for anyone. If you are in or out. It doesn't matter. When they ask if it's your first time to Desire, it's a great time to just lay it out. No one cares if you aren't in the LS. Disappointed maybe, but LS is about being open minded and secure with yourself and partner. That seemed to generally apply to all. Just awesome people.

Friday night was Cuban night. We had sushi, we missed our reservation but an hour but they got us in. (my bad, it was a sexy day :shock: )Ladies looked sexy and guys all button ups and linen. Just a sexy vibe overall. Mojitos and cigars with live entertainment. Carribean breeze, everyone in their happy place, it is just infectious. We indulged in the atmosphere. Another great night of conversation and making new friends. We made it to the disco, peeked in the sin room but ended up back at the bar outside for pizza and late night cocktails with friends.

The rest of the trip begins to get fuzzy....at this point I believe I was in a permanently buzzed state. Not really drunk but certainly not sober.
We missed breakfast again, I was supposed to get us room service but I wasn't on my A-game.
We were brought to the pool by the entertainment staff and we hung all day. The drinks were steady. We ended up napping and totally missing dinner plans we made. (sorry B &M). Thank god we were up in time for the entertainment but they were amazing. White night they had some cirque type performances. Talented. (This night would have been a good time to head to bed before 2 or 3am). Instead we danced, at three pizza's and watched the sunrise.

Sunday was Volleyball on the beach, flip cup by the pool and then pool volleyball. Great fun with another great group of people. Had to leave for our massage. We didn't do the erotic massage but we did the couple massage. It is kinda obvious when she whispers in your ear "senor, your massage if finished" and your wife is naked in the other bed, your suppose to handle that business. Animal print night was my favorite for the ladies. They all had the animalistic sexy vibe going. Body paint must have been liberating. Great live band. 80's rock. Hard to cover Journey, but they nailed it.

Monday morning, ouch. I over did it. Time to pack and make the 12-hour journey home. SO WORTH IT.

Absolutely will be back. But next time we will plan a recovery day.

oh, and the sex...will be the best of your life. Unless being around sexy people, cocktails, sun, ocean, sand and pool doesn't work for you.

To all who I broke bread or shared a cocktail and a story, thank you.

B & C

I'm not Mike!
funwithwifey
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Mar 2017

Re: Newbie Trip Report March 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 am

funwithwifey wrote:We returned home 1 week ago today. Feeling range from pure fulfillment to slight depression.
Absolutely will be back. But next time we will plan a recovery day.

This is exactly why we always go to a vanilla resort for a few days after Desire - I just don't think it's in me to be able to transition instantly from Desire back to real life. After the mayhem it is nice to be alone together. Plus, we are still in Desire mode in another country/city and it's always fun meeting new people and watching their reactions when we tell them where we've been.

Also, the depression thing is real lol, after our first trip we booked the second trip the day we got back - that cured the depression instantly. I've come to accept that I'm always going to have to have a next Desire trip planned.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Thu May 04, 2017 6:44 am

How was the pool/ocean water? Or the outside air temperature when getting out of the hot tub?

We are taking our first trip next March and I'm praying the night air isn't too chilly. Same with the ocean and pool water. We had originally planned on going in February, but the thought of cold water made us push back our date and we're hoping one month was enough.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby funwithwifey » Fri May 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Water and air is perfect.
funwithwifey
Desire Convert