Newbie report - April 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie report - April 2017

Postby JandJDesire » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:02 pm

We were at desire from Apr 1st-5th. It was our first time in a CO place. we are monogamous, not in the swinger lifestyle, but do have exhibitionist and voyeuristic inclinations. And here are my observations:

There were a diverse group of people in terms of age, body shapes, where they are from etc. People with body issues - this is really the coolest place - cos there is no judgement at all. I am of Indian descent and my boyfriend is a very colorfully tattooed white guy and we felt very welcome and there was no weirdness. Making a mention of this because someone posted a question on this forum about Indians being at the resort. There was another couple or 2 of Indian descent. And everyone seemed to be getting along just fine. A very accepting and inclusive environment for sure. The guests there all seemed so cool and liberated. They all seemed to be having a great time and it certainly made for a positive vibe for all. Such a decent crowd - the combination of all that nakedness, unlimited drinking - we did not encounter a single messy situation.

The beach was one of the best things about this place - the beds are so incredibly close to the water. We did not expect that and its just wonderful. And the seaweed was cleaned regularly and kept mostly clear.

The staff were wonderful beyond words. We wish we remembered everyone's names so we could list them out at the survey at check out. They were all just extremely service minded and always had a smile on their faces. We tipped cos we wanted to show how much we appreciated how great they are.

We rented a car and went to Tulum and Coba one day. My boyfriend scuba dove the Cenotes on another day. But 5 days were just not enough. We didn't check out the Spa, Sauna or the Gym. The body painter was doing an awesome job, we didn't try it out personally though. Next time, we want to stay for 7-10 days to get the best experience.

We were not super impressed with the playmakers and the shows and the games - felt like they could definitely do better on those. We were really looking forward to the foam party, but it was moved from Saturday to Friday and we missed it. All in all, they were good, but not spectacular. I heard from an employee that the Pearl entertainment group is much better. It may also be that we would have enjoyed those shows more if we were with friends or into the lifestyle. The Sin room was mostly quiet - may be went at the wrong time. We were disappointed they didn't have the swing as shown in the pics or any other contraptions except beds. Food and drinks were good. Not too exceptional. Best thing is that we didn't get any stomach issues.

It took a day for me to get used to being surrounded by naked people since this is our first time. But by day 2, it was nothing remarkable - just another butt, boob, or penis. The great thing was that nobody gawked or made any unwelcome gestures or comments. There were some construction guys that gawked, but oh well. We did see a lot of couples and groups of people going at it at the Jacuzzi area - just a unique experience to see people engage in what is so natural out in public (well, not really public - but not behind closed doors). Its a freedom to be raw and natural that I truly enjoyed. I did however keep wondering how other people don't seem to be too concerned about the potential of STDs with strangers. May be they are using protection.. I don't know.

The Desire experience is truly what you make of it... you can be private if you want, you can mingle if you want. No unpleasantness. No pressure. You can dress up for theme nights if you want or just hang out in casual clothes and people watch. Totally up to you. We chose to be private at times - lying on the beach beds napping when most people were at the pool, listening to the waves and making love under the stars at the Jacuzzi (while everyone else was at the night event/club) and at other times, we chose to be a little out there (got tied up by my BF at the Jacuzzi on BDSM night - one of my favorite memories from the trip).. we also attended the Yoni and Lingam workshop - which is basically organized massage and sex in a class - which was fun too :)

This is just my rant and my thoughts based on my experiences. Not meant to offend or put down anyone.
We were already looking for deals and dates for our next trip while we were flying back home. Needless to say, it was a romantic, sensual, incredibly unique experience and nothing else will compare. The only way we are able to get over this depression is knowing that we are coming back soon for sure.
JandJDesire
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Newbie report - April 2017

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:27 pm

The only way we are able to get over this depression is knowing that we are coming back soon for sure.

Same thing happened to us after the first trip - in fact we booked the day we got back and made a return visit 6 weeks later - we just had to go back, and soon. I think I might have needed anti-depressants if we hadn't done that ;) Less than a month to go until our 3rd trip.

The Sin room was mostly quiet - may be went at the wrong time.

We've experienced this as well. For us the sin room has been more miss than hit but it could be timing and is probably crowd dependent like other things at Desire. I think the swing is only at Pearl but maybe there used to be one at RM?
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby antillaria » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:47 am

JandJDesire wrote:I did however keep wondering how other people don't seem to be too concerned about the potential of STDs with strangers. May be they are using protection.. I don't know.

Just to satisfy your curiosity...yes, almost everybody in the lifestyle is using condoms. It is done discreetly, and without fuss, but it is generally expected.
Many lifestylers (including myself and my husband) also get themselves regularly tested for STDs (luckily for us, this is free in the UK, not sure about the situation in the USA).
RM - Jan 2016
RM - Aug 2016
RM - Apr/May 2017
RM - Aug 2018

You'll know me by the blue hair!
antillaria
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Fab swingers

Postby texascouple1208 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:43 am

Thank you for your trip report. We make our first trip to DRM in 13 days.

I was curious, do you recall what the Yoni and Lingam massage workshop you mentioned was called on the schedule and/or what day of the week it was held? This is something we were interested in and could not tell from the schedules we have seen.

Thanks,
J&M
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Texzuelano » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks J for the report.

Seems like you quickly adjusted and proved monogamous couples have fun too! As for the sin room, hit and miss. Depends on the crowd. See you back soon!
Texzuelano
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Apr 2024

Postby JandJDesire » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:23 am

@Explorer79 - so jealous and happy for you. Enjoy :)

@antillaria - thank you. We did not see any condoms and may be oral activities are "safer"?? I dont know...I am no expert on it. I just don't want any of those cool folks to suffer later. Glad you guys are playing it safe :)

@texascouple1208 - the thing with the schedules - they change. Nothing is set in stone until that day. You just have to check the board by the pool each day - that is the most accurate. And it is called Yoni and Lingam Workshop. Usually, there are pool activities between 12 and 4 or games on the beach, some workshops in the Disco in the afternoon. There are evening performances by the lobby around 9/9:30 at night and then off to the Disco to finish the night off. The Jacuzzi is really crowded/happening at 4ish and is very quiet at 9 pm. The pool side beds are the most prized real estate. So if one of you wakes up early, get your name on the list. And as long as you occupy it within the hour and don't leave it for more than 2 hours, you will have a spot by the pool. Beach beds were easier to get cos most people want to stay where the action is (by the pool). Also, take your own insulated mugs for your drinks. It will help keep them cool and if you have a straw - makes it easier to sip laying in the bed - unlike the open glasses they have. Have a great time :)

@TexZuelano - absolutely! There were many couples that were monogamous and having a great lovey dovey time. It reconnects you with your partner on a level thats almost impossible in day to day life.
JandJDesire
Desire Convert

Postby Vixen and Him » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 am

Nice review. We truly love it there.
Why we wouldn't file ourselves under " swingers" we do play occasionally when the mood strikes.
The best part about Desire is ...it is whatever you want it to be.
At the very minimum it is the most fun nightclub we can find lol
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby Ron & Kim » Tue May 02, 2017 11:37 am

There hasn't been much trip reports for April. What are the night theme nites? Did they get rid of the electrical tape nite? The foam party still only on Friday's? They should do it twice a week.
Ron & Kim
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby texascouple1208 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Ron & Kim wrote:There hasn't been much trip reports for April. What are the night theme nites? Did they get rid of the electrical tape nite? The foam party still only on Friday's? They should do it twice a week.

We were there in April on our first trip. Still working on our trip report. As for the themes, they did replace the tape night with a Nauti Nautical theme. My better half went as Daryl Hannah's mermaid character from Splash (blond wig, "I heart NY" t-shirt, pretty much nothing else). She didn't keep the t-shirt on long... 8) Most everyone else that participated was in some variation of a sailor's uniform. Participation was pretty good, but not as high as on the sexy uniform night.

The other nights were as scheduled our week:
Sunday - Safari/animal print
Monday - BDSM
Tuesday - Corsets and Gangsters
Wednesday - Sexy Uniforms
Thursday - Nauti Nautical
Friday - Latin/Havana nights
We left on Saturday and missed that night's theme.

The foam party is indeed on Friday around 2pm and our first was really epic. I was expecting to be a little underwhelmed, but it was really fantastic. Made new friends for the rest of the day/night. They really should consider doing the foam party twice a week.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Ron & Kim » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks for the info texascouple. I believe it's White nights on Saturday's from what we seen. My wife bought a sexy white dress for that "OH MAN!!" Wish they would have the foam party twice a week so we can catch one. This will be our first visit. Let us know some of the fun you had there when you get a chance. We can't wait and have been screwing like rabbits, LOL!!!
Ron & Kim
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby kydesirefan » Sat May 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Great review - thank you! :L
kydesirefan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl