Amazing! Newbie trip report April 23-29, 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Amazing! Newbie trip report April 23-29, 2017

Postby texascouple1208 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Day 1
Our travel to Cancun was uneventful and we arrived at the resort a little after 1pm on Sunday. We were both a little nervous, but very excited. The anticipation leading up to the trip was intense. While going through the check-in process in the lobby, a couple from our yahoo group wandered through and stopped to say hello. I think this was the moment in my mind when I was assured internally, that, yes, those virtual people we have been chatting with are real.

Our room was not ready, but we had made arrangements to have lunch with a couple that were Desire veterans and had helped to ease our anxieties on Kik. Here were more people that were, in fact, real. Looking around the restaurant we started seeing lots of people we recognized. So in short order, we met 6-8 friendly couples (by state, NH, AR, NC, NJ, PA, KY..I’ve probably left someone out). The other pleasant surprise at lunch: the house white wines are very drinkable. This is something we had been moderately concerned about based on mixed feedback.

Following lunch, I went to check on our room. As I am walking across the lobby bar pavilion, I hear my name shouted. It was Jersey Couple from our kik group. More friendly people. Jersey Couple is a riot. Our room was ready and we headed to see it and change. We were in 2511 – last building, second floor, ocean view. The room was decent, although the bathroom vanity gave a hint as to the room’s age. I guess we stopped to unpack a little too.

We put on our swimsuits and loaded up our beach bag. About this beach bag – a couple from our yahoo group designed this awesome beach bag and made it available for others to purchase. It has an image of a pineapple and the words:
1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, Foursome….DRM ‘17
So, yes, we are in the lifestyle, but still relatively new to it. We are in our early forties, by the way. We had never been any place like Desire prior to this trip.

We headed to the pool, located some towels and lounge chairs. I stripped off my shirt and bathing suit and my better half removed her top. No big deal. We grabbed some drinks from the bar and tried our best to get our social skills engaged. Eventually we ran into our sexy friends from the lobby again and had a great afternoon chatting with them. They had been to Desire several times and invited us up to see the hot tub. More drinks and friendly conversation followed.

We made plans for dinner with our lobby friends and headed to change. Dinner and good conversation continued, and then it was time to get ready for our first night at the disco. My wife wore a leopard print crop top and a tiny black, ruffled skirt and I donned a tarzan costume. It came with shorts, but I decided I didn’t need them. I began to realize this dressing up thing was fun and I loved seeing my wife in the types of clothes I had never before seen her in, at home, much less in public.

The pre-disco show was a very entertaining 80s cover band, so we danced and had a good time. It was hot though and we were glad when it was time for the disco. More dancing with our sexy new friends. The music at the disco was pretty good to our tastes, although one night the DJ needed a kick in the pants to liven it up. The rest of the disco our first night is kind of a whirl of memories and hot dancing. We decided to join our friends at the hot tub. “Decided” isn’t really the right word. It was more like a gravitational pull. Things heated up organically and we had some hot times on a Jacuzzi bed. It was pretty surreal having play time under the stars with our new friends on our first night at the resort. As we wrapped up, we realized all the beds closest to us were also occupied by other foursomes having a great (and vocal) time. We got back in the hot tub to catch our breath. I remember a pretty Canadian, vape-loving, woman in the hot tub staring at the four of us as we got back in with a look of unabashed fascination. The look on her face was priceless in the moment. We decided pizza was a good idea, so we all wandered naked (well, with towels, it was cooling off) to the lobby bar for pizza and BLTs. The pizza was pretty good, though their pepperoni is odd. Not the best pizza I’ve ever had, but, bar none, the best pizza I have had at 3am in Mexico after a rooftop romp.

Day 2
We tried to sleep in the next morning, but couldn’t manage it. We ordered room service for breakfast and planned our morning. Oh, there was some hot sex involved before and after breakfast as I recall. The mirrors in the rooms are fun.

We went to the pool and commenced hanging out. Jersey Couple was there keeping everyone in stitches and we met the moderator of our Yahoo group and his lovely wife as they were preparing to head home. At some point we had lunch. Later that day we wandered back to our room by way of the beach. We ran into lobby friends again and explained that we had really enjoyed the previous night, and we wondered if they might like to have dinner with us again. I’m happy to report, they accepted.

I can’t remember how we spent the afternoon of our second day. Oh yeah, that’s right, we took a nap. Not very exciting, but much needed.

Following another pleasant dinner with our new friends, we changed into our BDSM outfits and headed back to the lobby bar to meet up with them. They had a professional flogger doing demonstrations. As a sidenote, I didn’t enjoy any of the evening entertainment as much as the rock cover band. And on several nights, the shows just seem to go on too long, especially when it’s hot, you are dancing with a potential new playmate, distracted by that notion, and already sweating.

Another great night in the disco and we head to the hot tub with our lobby friends again. More hot fun ensues. Nothing like lounging on the jacuzzi beds post-coitus comparing styles of orgasms. We get more pizza. This place is awesome!

Day 3
Tuesday, the morning of our third day, we secured a beach bed nearly right in front of our room and lounged a bit. We wandered over to the buffet for breakfast and then returned to the beach. I’m not usually a big beach person, preferring the pool, but after making use of (exploiting?) the new policy on beach bed sex (“BBS”) to spectacular results, I think I became a convert. We had new friends arriving mid-day and we joined them for lunch (Hi LA). We hung out with them in the pool, met a ton of nice people, and then headed for the hot tub in the late afternoon.

After dinner, we donned our corset and gangster attire and headed to the lobby and then the disco. I believe this was the night that my wife discovered she enjoyed pole dancing when the mood strikes her and/or when AC/DC comes on. Yes!!! Once again we head to hot tub after the disco. We hung out a bit, made love ourselves on a Jacuzzi bed and grabbed some BLTs. On the way to our room…wait for it…a ferocious looking Mexican raccoon threatened to attack my wife and caused her to miss a step off the lobby bar and land face down on the concrete. I wasn’t fast enough to break her fall, but I did run that dangerous creature off. Then we laughed a bunch after confirming she was okay, but for a bruised knee.

Day 4
We opted for a beach bed again the next morning and lounged in the breeze and the sunshine. Eventually, the mood struck us again and we made love on the beach bed for the second time. This time a sexy Canadian couple on the bed next to us must have thought we had the right idea and started their own fun. We were catching our breath as yet another friendly couple we had met earlier wandered up to say hello. I tried to give them a look that said “hey, be cool, they are having sex next to us,” but I don’t think I succeeded. Sorry if you were interrupted guys. Anyway, we’re laying there naked, just having copulated, as another couple copulates beside us in the mid-morning sunshine, having a conversation with a third couple. That’s normal, right? It gets better though, because Oscar was on duty on the beach that day and sure enough a few minutes later he offers to bring us lunch on the beach. So we enjoyed fajitas and wine and some pretty damn good guacamole while naked, staring out at the ocean, and basking in the afterglow of hot BBS.

I feel the need to express a couple thoughts about the new beach bed policy. One, I was as surprised as anybody that they changed it. Two, I think it might be a mistake in the long term. Three, at no point did any children wander by and I am pretty sure no non-desire guests did either. Finally, it was awesome and one of our favorite parts of the trip.

We went to the hot tub that afternoon with some new friends. We’d yet to see a body shot and decided to enroll Jersey Couple to make some happen. And they did. Towels laid out, Licor 43 poured. It was a little cold and a little sticky. There were lots of mouths to go around. Some fun late afternoon playtime followed.

This time, we ate at Sahlo with two other couples and this was by far the best meal of our trip. I opted for the surf and turf. The grilled lobster was very nicely done. The steak wasn’t bad either, but we are spoiled for good steak back home. We had a nice bottle of red wine from the list and a fine time.

It was sexy uniform night, so we retired to change. My wife went in a naughty school girl outfit that I can’t get enough of, and, at her suggestion (my execution!), I went as a sexy nun in a size 16 nun’s habit/costume with the sleeves cut off. And I would do it again.

My costume got lots of laughs at the lobby bar as we socialized, pre-disco. I had a ruler in hand and dished out a number of spankings to the naughty ladies. The rest of the evening is a little bit of a blur, but there was definitely hot dancing at the disco. I opted not to wear anything under my nun costume and didn’t realize how sheer it was until the lights underneath the dance floor started up. Oops! We closed out the evening at the hot tub, which was kind of quiet.

Day 5
We got ourselves setup with a beach bed again and enjoyed room service for breakfast. We felt an obligation to take some family-safe pictures, so we grudgingly put on swim suits and wandered the beach looking for a good spot. The way to Breathless basically looked impassible, so we wandered toward Azul and snapped a few pics. The rest of the afternoon of Day 5 is a bit hazy. We lounged on the beach, had lunch brought to us again and enjoyed some wine. At one point, a group of French-speaking Canadians held a ceremony near us on the beach. At the conclusion of the ceremony they buried a hat in the sand, sang, and drank wine. I’m not sure what that was about, but it was entertaining none-the-less. In the late afternoon we spent some time at the hot tub and met a bunch more sexy, amiable couples from all over the US and Canada.

We had invited our lobby friends to dinner that evening. Sadly, it was their last night. They had also been asked by two other couples, and we ultimately ended up with table for ten in the buffet. Everyone basically already knew each other, and we were at Desire, so it was a friendly affair.

Following dinner, we changed into our disco outfits. The theme was Nauti Nautical. My wife opted for something a little different and dressed as Daryl Hannah’s mermaid character from the movie Splash. She wore a blond wig, an “I heart NY” T-shirt, and a tiny, transparent aqua thong. We had hoped to add some body paint to complete the mermaid look, but the painter was not on duty that day. I attempted to pull off Tom Hanks’ character in a quasi-tuxedo, but with no pants on. I’m not sure it really came together. I am sure no one cared, myself included.

Not long in to dancing at the disco, my wife decided she was wearing too many clothes and took off her t-shirt, leaving her in long blond wig and that tiny pair of panties. Wow! She knows how to keep me on my toes. After the disco, we visited the hot tub for a bit – mostly socializing and playing the voyeur this evening, until the ambiance got to us and we found a bed for ourselves. Somewhere along the way, two hot foursomes found their way to the beds nearest us, so there was lots of auditory and visual stimulation. We then enjoyed some BLTs at the lobby bar (man, we have had a lot of bacon this trip) and called it a night, err, morning.

Day 6
The beach beds were calling to us again, so we acquired our usual bed and made our way to the buffet for breakfast. We also made reservations to try the hibachi tables. We lounged on the beach a bit and socialized over at the beach bar. We couldn’t let the opportunity for more BBS pass us by, so we didn’t. At about 1:30 I made two realizations. First, we had not had lunch yet, and second, it was almost time for the foam party we had heard so much about. So by agreement, lunch would have to wait. That turned out to be a very good decision.

We got to the pool just after the foam started piling up and hopped in. We started off just trying to navigate our way in and out of the foam. We got separated a couple times and it was a little disorienting. At one point, a section of the pool cleared up a bit and I see a beautiful woman coming towards me out a foam "cave." I’m not entirely sure how we went from point A to point B, but we had chemistry and were making out like teenagers two seconds later. A few minutes later, we came up for air and made introductions (Hi CT!). I then realized my wife was being entertained by another couple a short distance away (Hi CO!). It turns out we stumbled into a group of eight or so couples that are all good friends and playmates. Not to mention, super welcoming to us newbies. At some point someone (the entertainment staff?) tossed in some ping pong balls with instructions written on them. The one our little cluster intercepted said “perform oral sex on someone.” Since we are obviously all a bunch of rule followers ;) ,we lined up three of the ladies on the edge of pool, and did as we were instructed. I’ll just say this went on for a few minutes, because we wanted to be sure we got it right. My partner seemed to be enjoying herself, as did the other ladies. I was completely oblivious to anything else going on in the pool beyond our little group.

The next hour or two we spent socializing with our new friends and making out. Well, they socialized, I think CT and I mostly made out. They invited us to the hot tub as the afternoon went on. The hot tub was too full to accommodate all of us, but we hung out by the bar until it was time to get ready for dinner. We made promises to meet up after dinner back at the lobby bar.

We ate at the hibachi table in Suki for dinner, just the two of us this time. We were hungry from missing lunch many hours earlier, but still found the food to be just okay. Benihana has nothing to worry about.

Our outfits for the Latin/Havana Nights theme ended up being our most conservative outfits of the trip. I wore chinos and a guayaberra, my wife wore a red ruffled crop top and a short black skirt with her hair done in a cuban style I don’t have a word for.

We joined our new friends at the lobby bar, had some drinks, danced a bit and watched a latin performer for what seemed like an interminable hour and a half. When they wrapped up their performance, we made a beeline for the air conditioning in the disco. The dance floor was empty and the song was decent, so I asked CT to start the party with me and shortly thereafter a few couples joined in. After maybe one song, I felt a tap on my shoulder and my wife said with a smile, “We thought you would already be in the playroom.” She proceeded to head off in that direction with her new CO friends. CT and I didn’t waste any more time and followed suit, claiming a bed next to them. I didn’t get to watch as much of my wife’s first threesome as I might have liked (I did get to hear it), but I can’t complain, as CT and I had a grand time of our own and probably occupied the bed longer than etiquette suggests one should. Hey, we were having an amazing time. My wife and her new friends had finished up and left a little earlier. We reluctantly dressed and joined them back in the disco for a drink. The group quickly pivoted and headed to the lobby bar a few minutes later for snacks and socializing.

We ate, drank, talked, and laughed with this new group of fun and sexy couples for an hour or so, before saying our goodbyes. Hopefully we can meet up with them again next April. Almost all of us were leaving the next morning.

Long story short (too late!), our first foam party was AMAZING! (to borrow a phrase from a new friend ;) )

We woke the next morning, made love twice, ordered some room service and then wandered down to the beach naked one more time. The sad task of packing soon followed, but we sipped a bottle of champagne we had brought with us while we ate our breakfast to ease the pain of leaving.

We said a couple goodbyes, checked out, and were on our way. Unfortunately, our flight was cancelled, so we had to kill time at the Cancun airport for half a day waiting on another flight, but it wasn’t that bad. If only we had gotten a notice about the cancellation a little earlier, we could have spent more time at the resort instead.

We will definitely be going back. Next April looks highly likely, though I am trying to make a case for going back sooner (how about next week?).

If you have made it this far, I applaud you and apologize if I have wasted your precious time. It was fun walking through the events in my head. A little melancholy at the same time…we need to get back.

A couple of take-aways from our newbie experiences:
At the outset, we had tentatively thought we would snorkel, try out the resort’s little catamaran, attend a massage seminar, and maybe do a photo shoot. We did NONE of these things and don’t have any regrets…well, maybe the photo shoot for my part. Next trip perhaps.

We took way too many casual/day clothes. Things like casual shorts and t-shirts. We never wore any of it.

I initially was not planning to get into the theme nights. Something clicked in my head and I decided to go for it. I am very glad I did. I may post some pictures.

It has been said before, and I didn’t really understand until being there, but you can absolutely make of Desire whatever you want. If all you want is a quiet vacation on the beach, no problem. If you want to dance, party, and put yourself out there, you can do that too and anything in between, all in the same day.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to all the friendly people we met at the resort, it was a pleasure. We are looking forward to going home again soon.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Re: Amazing! Newbie trip report April 23-29, 2017

Postby bmerryman » Fri May 05, 2017 4:36 pm

great trip report! Sorry we missed you, we left on the 19th. We also plan to return sooner, possibly October.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby texascouple1208 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Sorry we missed you two as well. Everyone in the Yahoo group sounded like people we would get along with.

Now I am re-reading my post's title and hoping people read it as "Our trip was amazing!" and not "my trip report is amazing..." Ah well, posted in too much haste.
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Postby jshorecpl » Fri May 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Hey, Great report!! That Jersey couple sounded like fun...I wish we had met them :D !
jshorecpl

We arrive on: 18 Apr 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS LL Kasidie

Postby DesireOntarioWomen » Fri May 05, 2017 10:38 pm

What a wonderful trip report!

... and yes ... those Jersey folks were a blast! I hope we have a chance to spend more time with them again sometime soon!

We headed out on the 24th and are only 172 days away from our next visit to Paradise! Maybe you will find away to squeeze in an October adventure!

Happy to hear that you two had an amazing first trip!

K
:CAN
DesireOntarioWomen
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 0- 4-2016

Postby JandH » Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Great report. Sounds like a blast.

If you're looking for a good week to return sooner than April, I hear that some people that are going between November 11-18 are alot of fun. :D
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby D&H » Sat May 06, 2017 1:25 pm

What a fabulous trip report! Reading posts like this are making me crazy excited for our first trip in September.
D&H
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Dec 2020

Postby Ron & Kim » Sat May 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Awesome trip report. I hope we have a great time like you guys did in August. It will be our first time there as well.
Ron & Kim
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Jndesire » Sat May 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Great report! You are among the first commenting about the new Nautical night. How was it? I fear most girl do not dress for this theme. Am I right?
Jndesire
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Feb 2024

Postby Ron & Kim » Sat May 06, 2017 5:25 pm

We are going in August what group did you join on kik to meet people? We joined the yahoo group. There are a few couples going when were going to be there.
Ron & Kim
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby DesireOntarioWomen » Sat May 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Jndesire wrote:Great report! You are among the first commenting about the new Nautical night. How was it? I fear most girl do not dress for this theme. Am I right?

We were there the first week of Nautical Night. There was a surprisingly high participation rate... folks seemed to enjoy interpreting the theme to mermaids, sailors, pinups, Popeyes, etc.
DesireOntarioWomen
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 0- 4-2016

Postby texascouple1208 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 am

Ron & Kim wrote:We are going in August what group did you join on kik to meet people? We joined the yahoo group. There are a few couples going when were going to be there.

In our case, the yahoo group moderator created a group kik chat for members, and once that hit the limit of 50 users, he also created four separate group kik chats for each week of the month. We participated in both. I think it is just a matter of someone taking the initiative to set one up and let other group members know what your kik account is so they can find you and be added.
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Postby Texzuelano » Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks for the report TexasCouple. Sounds like you had a perfect time! I concur with the recommendation for November. I think you would absolutely enjoy that crowd.

T & M
Texzuelano
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Apr 2024

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya