Trip Report With The YNOTS - May 2017 - 3rd Time’s a Charm

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report With The YNOTS - May 2017 - 3rd Time’s a Charm

Postby Explorer79 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:17 am

We’ve been back from Desire about a week now and are almost recovered and are already planning the next visit.

This was our 3rd trip to RM but our first with a group so I thought I would compare and contrast this experience with our first two visits.

Theme for the first trip - “I can’t believe we are actually doing this”
Second trip - “We have to go back to the island!”
Third trip - “So how do we top that? Go with a group for our 15th anniversary”

Our first visit was back in September. Resort was on average about half full but we didn’t know it at the time. Some veterans we met mentioned how dead it was. We were like “holy #@$@, this is dead?”, so of course we had to come back in November for a full resort. It definitely took it to another level. We figured the next step would be to go with a group and sure enough it took it up even another level. We found the YNOTS and things were set in motion.

The booking process - for the first two trips the booking was very easy for me - my wife did it all! This time booking with the group it was actually easy for her too - everything including the transfer to/from the airport was taken care of and there was great communication on any questions we had. Overall a very easy and pleasureable experience. Getting out of the airport was extremely quick - I think this may have been our last time of playing the red light / green light lottery and fortunately we got the green light (there were other green lights later in the trip *ahem*)

Part of any Desire trip is the lead up. The Yahoo group has always been a huge help, highly recommended. The group made this part better too. They have their own chat/messaging/photo site that is way better than Yahoo (I can appreciate it even more as I moderated the May Yahoo group too). With many of the members already knowing each other it was more active as well. When we showed up for our first two trips we had instant friends from the Yahoo group. This time it was amplified with the higher participation. Sunday night live chats and overall welcoming nature of this group had us arriving feeling like we already knew many people.

All of the hosts, including the one and only CokeMann put in lots of work to ensure everyone had a good time it was very apparent and very much appreciated. They were a huge part of the success of this trip.

The demographic of the group is a mix like you normally would see on a typical Desire trip (if there is such a thing lol), some LS, some not, some deciding, but overall more social and lively compared to past trips. They had 55-60% of the rooms and within that roughly a 3rd were first timers with the group. It was a good blend of new vs experienced and also at least some turnover during the trip so it never got stale yet there was never a lull either - a perfect mix for us.

I’d say compared to the first two trips this time the whole resort felt more cohesive with a livelier vibe - which I guess you’d expect with a group, however it even extended beyond group members. The people in the group are so welcoming, whether you booked with them or not. There were some awesome special events that were for group members only but other than that the lines quickly blurred. Theme participation was higher across the board and things were just livelier. In the end we were all one big group.

As for the resort itself, it was pretty much the same. The beach was about like September, looked normal to me. Suites are open and were in use (didn’t go in but talked to some who did who said nice but not blown away). No sign of construction anywhere so this is the most “regular” I’ve seen it.

Food, service etc… same as always.

After going for the 3rd time I really am convinced that every trip is its own unique and different experience. In 16 years together we had never visited the same location twice, now we've been to Desire 3 times in 8 months and are already planning the 4th trip. This really speaks volumes.

Some highlights…

For the second time in 3 trips we met a couple who live within a few miles of us! If the first time was a crazy coincidence, this seemed more like fate. Things really clicked with them, a great, sexy couple who we very much enjoyed spending time with and look forward to seeing again.

The beach beds - on our first trip we got one of the 3am pizzas and took it to the gazebo to eat. We happened to look down the row of beds and saw this very sexy woman who had the most fluid moves riding her man under the full moon - it was one of the hottest things we had ever seen. On this trip, the moon was full so we did our own re-enactment. When we finished we looked over, each hoping to see a couple at the gazebo eating pizza and staring.

Breathless - One afternoon we were having lunch when we saw 3 girls from Breathless approaching on the beach. We knew they were going to try and enter and we knew they were going to fail. They looked timid, perhaps even a bit afraid and were fully clothed, yet still determined. They got turned away while still on the beach but man I wish they had let them in. I would've been so tempted to wait until they were inside long enough to be noticed then stand up and yell, "LOOK EVERYONE!!! UNICORNS!!! SEIZE THEM!!!"

After Party - We always go somewhere after Desire for deprogramming. Really there is no way I could go straight home from Desire, that’s just sad and depressing. This time our choice was Nashville. We were having a drink at a bar, ironically the ‘Swingin’ Door Saloon’. We were still in full afterglow from all we experienced on our trip when this astrology girl came up to us, asked us our signs then told us “you guys have great sex, but sorry it’s not gonna last”, she gave us 2 years max - Oh no! If only I had been born 3 days later! With a big smile on our faces we told her that she was right about the first part but that we just returned from a nude resort in Mexico celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. With a look that screamed touché she ended up buying us a congratulatory round of shots. So much for astrology!

This is a great example of the Desire effect in action. On each of our after party trips we must be giving off something because every time something like this happens.

Finally, we went down much less focused on doing anything with anyone else. We never went with expectations but there was much more curiosity and newness with the first two trips. So of course this time the stars align and let’s just say several cherries were popped, incredibly perfect experiences, the rare case where fantasy and reality meet. Oh how we love this place. A full report would end up looking something like this:

\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Re: Trip Report With The YNOTS - May 2017 - 3rd Time’s a Cha

Postby Mystra » Sun May 21, 2017 8:29 am

We are both jealous that you just went and thrilled for you guys that you had such a great time!

Excellent trip report as always-especially liked the last bit :bj

D & K
SLS: Mystra284 (dormant)
Kik: MrMystra
Mystra
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby TandD » Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 am

I can't believe I read that whole report and you edited out all the juicy stuff!

i'm reporting you to CokeMann for gross violation of forum policy - and several sections of the guy code I think.

:D
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby CokeMann » Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 am

TandD wrote:I can't believe I read that whole report and you edited out all the juicy stuff!

i'm reporting you to CokeMann for gross violation of forum policy - and several sections of the guy code I think.

:D You'll just have to come on the next YNOTs trip to experience all the juicy stuff - LOL
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Explorer79 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm

TandD wrote:I can't believe I read that whole report and you edited out all the juicy stuff!

Ha! I guess I could go into more detail if there is a desire for it, and while the redacted events were certainly mind blowing for us they aren't anything that hasn't been on other trip reports, just wasn't sure it would be that different or interesting.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby BandP » Wed May 24, 2017 7:50 am

Great report...our 3rd trip is next month.

Trip #1 - went from "what the hell are we doing here" to "we gotta come back"
Trip #2 - every married couple after 15 years should try this as long as they are truly happy and communicate well.
Trip #3 - we'll see...maybe it turns out like your trip
SDC: Sidekickers
kik: TXSidekick
RM Nov 2015
RM Aug 2016
Pearl June 2017
BandP
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Oct 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Vixen and Him » Fri May 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Excellent! Its the most fun place anywhere ! :L
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby coupleluvs2watch » Sun May 28, 2017 11:58 pm

toledocpl wrote:Excellent! Its the most fun place anywhere ! :L

agree!

Trip #2 in August for us :D
Stop by Beyond Our Bedroom to see where our journey takes us!
Life Is Too Short To Be Plain Vanilla, so we chose Swanilla!
coupleluvs2watch
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby tspad » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:31 am

How do I get in touch with the YNOT group?
tspad
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Feb 2019

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 am

tspad wrote:How do I get in touch with the YNOT group?

You can send me a PM or email, since we are one of the YNOTs host couples ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya