Complete newbie trip report - May 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: Complete newbie trip report - May 2017

Postby Texzuelano » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Thank you 2Naked. It's too easy to stay silent on this forum but you have stated the heart of the matter.
Texzuelano
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Apr 2024

Re: Complete newbie trip report - May 2017

Postby Coji1469 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Let me be the first to apologize. As I stated in an initial post, I know I was really hammered, granted that is no excuse and I do not remember a lot of what you are saying happened. I can assure everyone it won't happen again.

2naked wrote:
Coji1469 wrote:I copied this from my post, i never said we snuck them in. Also, they had discussed getting a night pass so I didn't know until later in the evening that they had not done so. Being a first timer to the resort, I don't know if passes are available or not, it's a trust thing with me.
But I understand what you are saying, I just didn't feel like it was our place to police the hot tub.

"The breathless couple snuck in and we were all in the hot tub together drinking and having a good time."

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since it was your first time.
Hopefully you learned some lessons such as sunscreen, temperance, and basic socially acceptable behavior.

That last one is just as important as the others, if not moreso. I was there on your first day and witnessed much of your group's behaviour that you describe in your review. Let me say, it was not typical of most Desire patrons that I have witnessed in my 13 visits.. Unfortunately, you probably didn't realize what a spectacle your group was. You were all pretty wasted and hard to miss. A friendly piece of advice would be to take your cues from the people around you. If others aren't yelling to their friends that are 6 inches away from them in the pool, maybe you shouldn't either. If others aren't treating the bartenders as if they're their own personal butlers, maybe you shouldn't either. If everyone on the property has a bracelet, maybe you should make sure your new friends do too. If others aren't finger banging each other so hard in the jacuzzi that it's splashing water on others and in their drinks, maybe you shouldn't either.

We've witnessed several first timers that have gone a little overboard on their first day and I realize that alcohol impaired a lot of judgement among your group but I truly hope you learned some lessons that will make your next visit even more fun for you and for those around you.

P.S. As you probably know by now, there are no "passes" for Desire and everyone is very protective of the resort, staff, friends, and significant others such that we all respect the rules that are there to protect our investment and us all.
Coji1469
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 May 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Quiver

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya