2017 May 27 - June 3: 13th Trip and counting!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

2017 May 27 - June 3: 13th Trip and counting!

Postby 2naked » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm

The only snag in our arrival was that for the 2nd time in a row now, the airline didn't have immigration forms on the plane so that slowed us down a few minutes. We arrived home about 10:30am, checked in, changed in the spa, put on sunscreen and by 11:30am had pool chairs and a beach bed reserved for the week and were eating lunch. As stated by others, everyone must have tops, bottoms, and shoes to eat in the open air buffet now. The main dining room was getting a new roof while we were there so all three meals were al fresco all week long other than the Suki and Sahlo options.

Also confirmed is that sexual activity is now allowed on the beach beds although we didn't participate and didn't see anyone else participating either but we spent less than half of each day at the beach this trip so it's possible we missed some action.

Another confirmed change is that Sylvia is no longer there. The other half of this change is that Africa will be taking her place at the pool and she and another server will split the pool and alternate sides each day. Unless you were a beach person, many of you may not know Africa but she is just as delightful and hard working as Sylvia and will soon become a favorite of everyone if given a chance. We will miss seeing her when on the beach working with CiCi.

The beach was in pretty good shape, enough so that all beach beds were down on the beach again and not up in front of the rooms at the North end. The shore had minimal seaweed and the water was beautiful and the perfect temperature. I snorkeled once and saw a 3ft barracuda and a large starfish. Mosquitoes were at a minimum and I only got 3 bites on one foot when I wore flip flops to dinner one night. Other than that, none.

Another change I will mention here is that there is a new manager over food and beverage. I did hear a few times that the top shelf liquors were being kept behind the bar as reported by others recently on the forum and were available on request only and even then they really hesitated giving it out. We heard from several of the staff that he is generally disliked by all his employees. Not sure if he is responsible for this change too but champagne on the beach is now $20 extra. This is something we enjoyed every afternoon but will pass on from now on.

On a positive (at least for us) note, it seems that pool chairs/beds are now able to be reserved for an entire week... not sure if that is only for members only or for everyone. Another plus is that the 11 course member's dinner was outstanding! Kudos to the chef.

One thing I saw in a recent post was that someone mentioned that they met someone who was there on a day pass. We also met a couple that was staying next door at Breathless who was there on a day pass. The caveat was that they had been members at Temptations prior to it being closed for renovations. So although not advertised, it is somehow being offered to those prior members who are staying elsewhere in Cancun. We also saw many people from Breathless coming over and playing beach volleyball with the Desire patrons. I don't really have a concern with this last point, just mentioning it as something we haven't seen before.

The nightly entertainment and themes were slightly different but pretty standard. For animal print night, my wife got body painted for the first time since our first trip as a leopard and spent the evening entirely nude and loved it. He did a great job and she received so many compliments. The paint this time is not latex based so it does require a little scrubbing with a rag and soap to get off. She is also considering a new tattoo and so got a henna version similar to what she is considering and liked it. The Playmaker staff was slightly different... DD and Anna are still there but everyone else was new. Jay (past Playmaker) and his new partner came around several times throughout the week trying to sign people up for one of the new Desire cruises.

The new Desire Suites were finished and occupied during our stay.

One final new thing is that there are a few new wristband colors. White means you have been more than once, black is the old membership, gold is the new membership, pink is if you are staying in one of the new Desire Suites, and yellow is if it is your first time. This last one will surely cause some debate. On one hand, it made me want to go up to them and try to be friendly and welcoming to someone who might otherwise be a little apprehensive. This proved to be true several times. On the other hand it definitely marked them as "fresh meat". The playmakers even made that joke a few times. I'm sure some do not appreciate being singled out like that. Not sure how long that will last based on feedback.

Other than these minor differences we met a lot of great new friendly people and enjoyed being naked and being surrounded by sexy people in a sexy environment which is the main reason we love going.

We are headed back the week of Thanksgiving and are already counting down the days until we are home again.
25 Desire trips since Apr-2011
2 Hedo trips
SLS: WeR2Naked
KIK: Heis2naked
2naked
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-SZC-KIK

Re: 2017 May 27 - June 3: 13th Trip and counting!

Postby SexxxyInMe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Excellent review! Glad you had a great trip!
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Re: 2017 May 27 - June 3: 13th Trip and counting!

Postby texascouple_sdc » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:21 am

Nice review. We saw you there.. they ended up finishing the roof around June 10th or 11th. We stayed all the way to June 18th. The other guy helping Africa around the pool was Daniel. Daniel used to work exclusively as a waiter in food services and has covered for Silvia several times in the past so he knows his way around the pool crowd. We love Africa as well. We've known her for 6 or so years. She's a good person. As for the premium liquor, we can't comment. We had a very good rapport with many of the bartenders (Carlos, Nuño, Mapache, Joel, Roberto.. to name a few off the top of our heads). If we requested a certain kind of liquor and they had it, we were served. One particular liquor that was requested often but they do not stock is Fireball. We did witness a few couples bringing their own liquor to the pool and leave it behind the bar.
DRM - Jun '12, Jul '13, Jun '14, Jun '15, Jun '16, Jun '17, Jun '18, Jul/Aug '20
SDC: texascouple
C4P: texascouple
texascouple_sdc
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 24 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC and C4P

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya