Recently Returned July 18th-23rd, 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: Recently Returned July 18th-23rd, 2017

Postby Fun Couple » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:02 am

Thanks again for the input, Explorer! Our first trip was a week and a half, this past one was a compromise at five days. Right now, three would feel like a torturous tease; but I agree, something is better than nothing.

Also wanted to quickly mention here... There is a new post topic about Afrika. During our trip I was misinformed by another guest that Afrika left. Apparently, this was not accurate info that I unintentionally passed on in my trip review. I'm really sorry to have posted incorrect information! Please forgive me! [-O<
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017

Postby jj555 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Great post. Africa still works there was there early July 2017

Edit: oops saw your correction. Shes our favorite
jj555
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jul 2017

Postby JIM&COLENE » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks for the info! My wife and I are heading there in two weeks for the first visit, been to Temptations already but holding off on the construction in progress. We are also a bit concerned about the "mexico alcohol issue"
JIM&COLENE

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2017

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:59 am

Loved the detailed report.

As someone who's not yet made their first trip, reading others reports allows my wife and I to sort of, place ourselves in the their shoes and imagine how we might handle various situations.

Sounds like you guys handled various situations pretty well.

Thanks for the report.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby Fun Couple » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

MachineWorks wrote:Loved the detailed report.

As someone who's not yet made their first trip, reading others reports allows my wife and I to sort of, place ourselves in the their shoes and imagine how we might handle various situations.

Sounds like you guys handled various situations pretty well.

Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the kind words Machine Works! We're by no means Desire Experts, and have learned extremely much form meeting, listening, and talking to the amazing quests, as well as our own experiences. In my opinion, by you both being on this forum and reading posts from those who have been to Desire time and time again; you will be much more prepared than we were our first time! Congrats on your attempts to be informed! As painful as it was, it was also helpful to read some trip reviews on tripadvisor (to see how the "other crowd" viewed things). I think in a nutshell... communication, honesty, open mindedness, respect, tact, and more communication will be your best allies! We hope your first trip will be as amazing as ours were!
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya