Recently Returned July 18th-23rd, 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Recently Returned July 18th-23rd, 2017

Postby Fun Couple » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:49 am

My wife and I recently returned from our 2nd trip to Desire Riviera Maya (DRM) from July 19th-23rd. Because of the simply amazing experiences we had on both trips; I wanted to write a trip review. Early warning: this is a very, very, VERY lengthy one, so I apologize in advance for that. I wanted to gear this towards someone who is considering DRM for their first or second time and doesn’t have a clue as to what to expect.

A little about us… We are both in our early 40’s. My wife is an amazing lady in every aspect! She is a gorgeous blonde with a very nice body and looks like she is in her early/mid 20’s. She is the stereotypical hott woman who enters a room and causes every eye (male and female) to turn! I’m average build, on the leaner side, and shave my hair to the scalp. I’m told I’m handsome (don’t want to sound pompous because I’m quite the opposite and feel like I’m the stereotypical “What is she doing with him” guy). We are both quiet professionals, and parents. We are not in the Lifestyle (LS) per se; but it’s interesting what happens from time to time. We went to DRM for our first trip during the 3rd and 4th weeks of July 2015. Prior to our first visit, we had never been to a clothing optional resort or any LS events. We can be a bit on the voyeur/exhibitionist side, especially after we have a few adult beverages. We found DRM while walking the beach from a nearby resort (Secret Silversands) one afternoon in 2014. The beach had only a few couples on it (in various stages of undress); but the sounds of the party inside (presumably from the pool area) had us very intrigued. On our way back we talked to 2 very nice couples who told us the name of the resort, and that it was clothing optional. They left it at that and didn’t mention the LS part. Classy in my opinion. The conversation was nice and easy, but also a bit uncomfortable given the scenario. We parted ways with them after a few minutes, but discussed possibly looking into visiting there in 2015. I was kind of taken back that my wife seemed pretty open to the idea.

Our 1st Trip in 2015: After reading literally hundreds of reviews on Tripadvisor and other vacation websites, and having a lot of discussions between us, we finally booked the trip. I had no idea at the time about this Desire Forum. If I would have, it would have done wonders to help us prepare… so kudos to all of you! Our day of travels to get to DRM started very early in the morning, and was long and exhausting. We got into Cancun around 3:00. It’s funny when the transport bus or van pulls onto the property because there is undoubtedly chatter among the passengers: “Hey, isn’t this the clothing optional resort?” “I think this is the nude place, right?” “I hear this is where all the swingers go.” Everyone tries to be discreet and look around to see who is getting off the bus. Well, this time it was us! And it really ended up just giving me a huge boost in confidence! We were warmly greeted by Raphael and checked in by “Shorty”. The cold glass of champagne was nice, but we really just wanted a bottle of cold water. It seemed like we were asking for a cup of gold though, as they apparently had a real difficult time locating 2 bottles of water… no biggie. Shorty was very nice and gave us the grand tour. He was always a source of a kind smile and kind words during our entire stay. The push for the time-share/not a time-share meeting was pretty intense. We kindly told Shorty we weren’t interested due to our circumstances, but apparently “No” wasn’t an option. We booked a meeting out of frustration. The tour was nice… a bit shocking for first timers… but nice. Everyone was smiling, and looked to be having a wonderful time. Of course our room wasn’t ready until about 3:30, so we sat at the lobby bar for some beverages and to kinda “take it all in”. We met two other couples while there. One was about our age and very open and matter of fact about being in the LS. The other couple was about 25 years older than us. She was very vibrant and high on life’s energy because she was a cancer survivor. They were very (almost overly) complimentary about my wife’s looks, which made it just a bit uncomfortable given their ages. We sat there for a while before being told we could use the spa or bathrooms nearby to change. We changed into bathing suits and went to the open air buffet Tentazione by the pool. The food was amazing and exactly what we needed after a day of travels. It seemed like every staff member’s name on that first trip was Daniel! But all the Daniel’s that worked in the restaurants in 2015 were so extremely nice, courteous, and professional. They went well out of their way to make sure you enjoyed your dining experiences! Our Garden View room #2305 was finally ready and we went to unpack. So... we saved for quite some time to be able to go to DRM for the week and a half we booked. We have stayed in almost every type of hotel there is. Some were amazing, some not. Our prior 4 stays in the Riviera Maya area were nothing less than over 5 star experiences (Moon Palace and the entire Palace resort chain, Grand Princess Riviera Maya, and Secrets Silversands - twice). I can sleep anywhere and have even made holes in 3rd world deserts my home. But when we walked into that room, she cried and I was very disappointed. It reminded me of a dorm room or a rundown military barracks room. The room was very outdated, needed to be painted, had haphazard repair patches here and there in the wall, had dead bugs under the large mirror, had mold on the closet doors, on parts of the ceiling, and in the bathroom, and the safe didn’t work. Again, I can stay anywhere, but paying as much as we did to stay at DRM, we really expected more. After we felt sorry for ourselves for a minute or two, we decided to make the best of our stay, to have an amazing time, and to stay on course to use this vacation as a time to reconnect. And that’s what we did!
After that, we kind of just wandered around trying not to look like the first timers we were. We went to the beach and lay out in the awesome Mexican sun. While I was relaxing and my eyes were closed, my wife gave me the ol’ subtle, “Hey! Pssst!” to get my attention. When I opened my eyes and turned towards her, I saw she had already taken her top off. Again, my wife is nothing less than beautiful, and her breasts are one of her best features. Those of you who know us can certainly vouch for that! I was surprised/not surprised and just put my head back down smiling. I wasn’t comfortable dropping my shorts so early despite her urging. We did the beach thing, and then went to the pool. On that first trip, we didn’t know a soul there. Actually, I’m glad we didn’t. It made us more open to relaxing, letting go, and open to meeting people. We had zero intentions of making any kind of sexual connection with another couple, or anyone. It just wasn’t on our radar. Still, we are very lighthearted, and love to meet people and have conversations. The swim up bar staff was terrifically amazing! There was another Daniel, Sylvia, Afrika, and Abraham. They were so awesome. After meeting them only once, they knew our names and what drinks we ordered. We never had an empty glass because of Sylvia and Afrika, and if Daniel and Abraham saw us headed their way, they had one ready before we got there! I got into a lot of conversations with Abraham, and truly enjoyed getting to know him during our stay. Our second day there, I learned that one of my good friends from the military decided that life was just too much for him. Despite trying to hide it as best I could, Abraham knew right away that morning that something was wrong. We gave my buddy a proper send off. Thanks, Abraham!
Despite not knowing anyone, nearly all the guests there were so friendly and easy to talk to. The staff and guests are what make DRM such a wonderful experience! Due to the flight dehydration, intense sun, and beverage intake, my wife and I became well… pretty tipsy our first 2 or 4 days there. We met an absolutely wonderful group from NC. After meeting so many people those first couple days and after meeting the bottom of so many rum and cokes, mojitos, and lemon drops… we couldn’t remember anyone’s real names and simply referred to them as the nicknames we gave them. The NC group was “White Glasses” with his wife “Blondie”, “Jack Nicholson” and his wife “Goldie Hawn”, “Hat Guy” and his wife “Hot Brunette Jenn”. We also met others… “Ed Harris” and his wife the “flight attendant”, “Hope Solo” and her husband the “Abrams Tanker”, “The Cop” with his wife “the Other Hot Brunette”, the “Millionaire Lawyer” and his wife “Lovey”, and so many others! But it was the NC group that really made us feel welcome. They openly and kindly spoke to us about the resort, the LS, and what we could expect during our stay. We, to this day, are so very appreciative of their time, hospitality, and kindness. We also met another couple that day. They seemed very nice also, easy conversation, energetic, near our age, etc. After everyone moved up to the hot tub, we continued to talk with this couple. Keep in mind we were very, very relaxed at this time. My wife was talking to this couple and was sort of venting about our room. She asked the other couple which kind of room they were staying in, to which they replied an ocean view passion suite. My wife said she would love to see their room, which… unbeknownst to us at the time… is apparently DRM code for “Hey, let’s go to your room and f*** around!”. It’s funny when I tell that story today to people we know in the LS because there is a collective, “Aw! Doh! Oh man! And “Oh shit!” that simultaneously resonates from them! So up to their room we naively went. Before we knew it, well… we had our first intro to soft play. The couple seemed very nice, took things very slow, and made sure we were comfortable. Unfortunately, the next day the couple became very persistent and even borderline aggressive after that. We felt uncomfortable. The NC group realized this and talked to us about that couple. I guess reputations travel fast in the LS community and they were known for being on the more aggressive/persistent side. The NC group formed human shields and redirected us whenever they saw that couple stalking towards us, or trying to get all up on us at the club. We really appreciated this too. In retrospect, what we should have done is tell the couple that we appreciated their time and attention, but were not ready to pursue anything further with them. As everyone on here says, honesty is best.
I love dance music and EDM, (it's my hidden guilty pleasure) and found out so did the NC group. They filled me in about Fridays foam pool party and it sounded very cool. When it actually happened, holy hell… it was amazingly sick! We had such a blast dancing around, putting our ladies on our shoulders, trying not to drown or suffocate in the bubbles, and tossing beach balls around, all done to pumping and energetic music! It was the highlight of my trip! It was also during this time that my wife appeared out from the foam and asked out of the blue, “Is touching ok?” I knew she and “Jack Nicholson” had hit it off and I wanted her to enjoy her time at DRM and be open to whatever experiences made her happy. I told her sure; she gave me a huge passionate kiss, and then disappeared back into the foam. I found out later that they had kissed and let their hands roam a bit. I was busy enjoying my time feeling the music pumping and spending time with those we met.
We attended the time-share meeting that was supposed to last only 35-40 minutes. Almost 1 and 1/5 hours later, we were still being pressured. Enough was enough. After we met the 3rd “boss”, we politely just got up and left. It was just too much. That was one of only a couple sour memories during our stay. In the end we didn’t receive the promised $500 voucher for resort discounts that we were told we would get for just sitting through the meeting.
I was more open-minded to connecting with other people or couples than my wife was, but was more overly concerned with my wife’s feelings to act on any of those connections that first trip. I didn’t want to push boundaries and upset her. If she did, that was ok with me because I figured the next time… if there would be one, our experiences could be more mutual. I was into a couple of ladies I met there, “Hope Solo”, “the Flight Attendant”, and the “Hot Brunette Jenn”… but intentionally didn’t go beyond flirty kisses and light touches. The rest of our 1st stay was nothing short of simply amazing. We hit a wall, especially when our new found friends left, but we got our second wind and finished out the rest of our stay with wonderful lifelong memories!
For those who are thinking about DRM, the daily flow seems to be: a late wake-up, buffet style breakfast at Arrecife, beach time, and then afternoon time at the pool. Most eat lunch at the Tentazione buffet, and then many people head up to the hot tub around 3:30-4:00. After that, most people change into nice clothes and eat dinner at either Sahlo (picture a nice Italian/steak dinner restaurant), or Suki (a nice Asian/sushi/hibachi restaurant). Following dinner, most people change into their club clothes or theme night costumes. In my experiences, the majority of women might dress up in theme outfits, and less than the majority of guys do. There is a pre-club entertainment show either outside at the lobby bar, or inside the club. The shows are pretty entertaining and are usually choreographed dance groups, single dancers, or erotic strip type shows. After some time partying it up in the dance club, the crowd kinda splits. Some head to bed, some go to the hot tub for another go around. The mood at the hot tub after the club is slightly different than in the afternoon and takes on a higher level of romanticism and erotica. Whereas some people may have bathing suit bottoms on at the hot tub during the day, at night, hardly anyone does. At night you will find more open PDA and more open LS type activities till very early in the morning. So… yup... true story. After the club or after the hot tub, you can swing (no pun intended) by the lobby bar for a late night pizza, taco, or burrito.
The entertainment staff tries their best to get everyone involved. There is beach volleyball, various types of pool games (mini Jenga on a floating board, floating beer pong, and other games usually involving some type of naughty activity), fashion shows, cooking demo’s, and music by the pool. It just takes a few brave, fun people who don’t mind being in the spotlight for a few minutes to make things entertaining. The first trip, Jay and Emily were the head entertainers. They were very friendly, easy to talk to, and a lot of fun. Emily is beautiful and an amazing dancer!
The restaurants are your typical Mexican resort restaurants. There is a decent variety of food, it tastes good and the presentation is nice. If you are a food critic or a food snob, you might have to let your standards relax a bit. We’ve had better food elsewhere, but I’ve never gone hungry at DRM either!
The resorts grounds are beautiful! They are very well maintained, and it’s nice just to walk around sometimes. The beach… well… anyone who knows the RM beaches will know how it is. Every time we have gone in July or August, there is a lot of seaweed. Sometimes it smells worse than others. The water in the area isn’t the clear turquoise blue you always hope for. The staff tries their best to keep up with the seaweed, but it’s an uphill battle. The beaches in the area tend to be rocky because of the natural reef that is just off shore all along the RM.
We’ve never had a problem finding a beach chair, beach bed, pool chair, or pool bed at whatever time we decided to go to either location. Best bet though is to go early and claim one (especially if you want a pool bed). Alcoholic beverages have never disappointed. We aren’t drink snobs or so overly refined that we require or demand top shelf anything.
For guys who are concerned about penis size, or becoming aroused in public… Life enjoys variety! You just have to accept that and get over it! There are guys at DRM with every body type and every penis size. Most are what is medically considered “average”. There are some really small ones, and some larger ones. No one cares. Of course, there are a few “proud peacocks” that strut their stuff, and those who you can tell just beat the hell out of themselves during an intense penis pumping session. The last two are the only ones I’ve ever heard get negative attention. There was this clown our first trip who wore a straw hat that strutted around the grounds by himself stroking himself. Although he was muscular and had a larger tool… HE ended up being the real tool! It turned off every woman I talked to. I’m a grow-er, not a show-er. Although I’m on the larger side of average when not erect, I was still self-conscious. Looking back, I shouldn’t have sweated it so much. As far as becoming unintentionally aroused, it never happened to me unless my wife or someone else provoked it. Then I just told my wife to back up to me because "I needed a place to hide it"! Win-win! If anything, seeing so much nudity causes you to quickly become accustomed to it. Chances are that if you are that concerned, your nervousness might even cause you to have difficulty getting aroused because of it. Long story longer… don’t sweat it!
What makes DRM so great? It’s a combination of all the above, but especially the amazing staff and the wonderful guests. The staff treats you like the family you always wanted. So kind, so courteous, so willing to do whatever is in their power to make your stay a terrific one. The guests? In no other place I have ever been to on this earth have I met so many people of different ages, races, nationalities, occupations, body types, and experiences all in one place having a truly amazing time together. People are so friendly, easy to talk to, and so open to just being themselves. I think when clothing is removed from the equation; so many pretenses and facades are removed as well. Everyone is on the same level. Everyone is vulnerable. Even if you don’t go fully clothing optional, no one is going to call you out or judge you. I didn’t drop my shorts in the pool or hot tub until my 4th or 5th day there. No one cared. Looking back though, as someone mentioned on here, I don’t think it’s necessarily right for dudes to wear trunks and expect to 'play' with ladies who are “toptional” or nude. It’s hard to put into words really. I guess I’m saying don’t be “the creeper” who expects to get it all without lowering your comfort level as well. I have never been in such an accepting and non-judgmental atmosphere as you will find at DRM. The worst part about leaving DRM is saying good bye to those great people you just met and hung out with, as well as saying good bye to the staff. It’s like saying bye to family, when you don’t know if and when you might ever see them again. We thankfully stayed in contact with some of the couples we met, but life has a way of interfering. Returning to non DRM reality life is sort of sad.

Our 2nd Stay July 18-23, 2017: I really wanted to return to DRM in 2016, but my wife wasn’t so sure. Long story short, we took the year off. I was really bummed because I wanted to return to catch up with those who I knew were returning, as well as the staff members we met. My wife is the common sense one of us who deals with finances, etc. After a big family trip in 2016, we just couldn’t do DRM. After some talking, reminiscing, and a long tough year in our daily grind, we decided to return in 2017! We were at DRM from July 18th to the 23rd. Our second time around we were better prepared as to what to expect. We still read up on the Tripadvisor reviews, but also found this Desire Forum. It was both extremely entertaining and extremely insightful, so thanks again to all the members here! You Rock!
We arrived and got checked in without any issues. New to us this year were the colored wristbands. Not a huge fan, but didn’t really see it as a huge issue either (maybe because we were returning guests). If anything it was a source of an ice breaker for conversation. Still, I can see how others might not want to be branded "a newbie". The kind woman that checked us in (who I think was a staff member from Temptations) asked if we would like to attend the time-share/membership meeting. This time we were ready! We kindly declined… and that was it. She said, “Ok, I understand, it’s just marketing. If you change your mind, please let us know.” My wife was already geared up for a fight, but it wasn’t necessary in the least. It set the tone for a great stay!
Our room wasn’t ready of course, and we didn’t even care, so right away we changed into our bathing suits at the spa, got some food at the lunch buffet, and jumped right into the pool. Only this time, my wife was immediately topless, and I was sans pants right away! Why not, right?
Once again, we didn’t know anyone there, and preferred it that way. It was nice to see the smiling faces of the staff who we remembered: Raphael, Shorty, Jay, and Emily. It was really nice to see Abraham up at the hot tub bar and to be able to catch up with him. He actually remembered me from 2015 before I recognized him! He still remembered my wife’s and my name without any prompting. Simply a nice guy! We were sad to see that Sylvia, Afrika, and a handful of the Daniel’s were gone; but it was great to meet some of the new (to us) staff that took their place… all the other Daniel’s, Arturo, Jorge, and DD, Blanca, Berny, and the rest of the entertainment staff. We stayed outside that first day at the beach, pool and hot tub right up until dinner time, not even caring about our room. When we did go up to our room (this year we stayed in Ocean View Room #2214) we were very pleased with it. It was slightly larger than the Garden room we had in 2015, and looked like it was recently painted. There was no mold, or other concerns like our 1st stay. Our housekeeper was great and left flowers, flower petals, towel designs and towel animals for us every day. Our mini fridge was always fully (and almost over) stocked. From our bed, we could look out the doors and see the wonderful ocean view! It was so relaxing! Worn out from a day of travels, and fun in the sun, we just simply crashed and slept through dinner. We planned on getting up to go to the show and club, but never made it.
Our second and subsequent days, we went to breakfast, then the beach and or pool first thing. We easily met so many great guests once again. We try, once we meet some people, not to segregate ourselves to them and their group only; but it seems you start to just hang out with certain people at times. We were very pleased to meet a terrific couple, Mrs. J and Mr. K from NC (who happen to know the NC group we met on our first trip). They both had great personalities and were very fit and attractive people. J had arms and shoulders I was jealous of, and I told K not to stand next to me because he made me look bad! On a side note (or if anyone knows the J and K I’m referring to)… K, my phone didn’t receive the text you sent me while in Mexico. Sadly, I never got your and J’s contact info. We would love to stay in contact with you guys! Please try the text again, or get in touch with our mutual acquaintances in NC so you can get our info! We met others who eventually got alcohol induced nicknames from us too… “Daisy/Megan” and her husband, simply… “Daisy’s guy”, “KHimberley” and “Army Guy”, “Lisa” and “C” all who were a nice and fun group, the “Chef R” and the “Queen N”, “Tatts” and his wife “Pig Tails”, and 2 other couples that remembered us from 2015 “OSU” and his beautiful wife “the Brunette”, the “other 2015 couple”, and the “Australians”. Gotta say, we just love Australians! They are so friendly and a riot to hang around. All I wanted was for Mrs. Australia to read a phone book to me in her awesome and sexy accent! Later in the week, we met 2 very wonderful and cool cats from KC. Like I said before, we’re not in the LS per se… but it’s interesting what sometimes happens while at DRM! Thanks to you both for your time and attention, and we are thoroughly enjoying our ongoing conversations!
The Friday foam party was a blast too. It’s what I was most looking forward to. I already talked about my foam party experiences on a different topic area on this forum and don’t want to completely repeat myself. But, I have a stressful job and don’t have a lot of outlets available anymore like I did when I was younger and not in my present occupation. EDM music and DRM’s foam party are my outlets! It is a lot of fun, and you just have to experience it at least once! I'll never forget "Queen N" yelling to "Chef R" as he was drowning in the foam holding two drinks over his head, "Forget the drinks! Save yourself!"
I think we met and talked to twice as many people as we met our first time at DRM. In daily life, we might probably just pass right by these people; but at DRM, random strangers become great acquaintances so easily. Like I said earlier; age, race, occupation, body type… none of that matters! To steal a line that someone once told me, “We meet the best people on our crazy naked vacations!”
The food Quality at Suki was slightly less great than during our first trip, but the breakfast and lunch buffet were great. Sahlo was very nice as usual. The late night snack bar was also great. The pool bar staff was amazing, as was the club bar; but it seemed at times they got really bogged down and the wait times were so high that we just went to the top bar by the pool, or the lobby bar to get drinks. No worries!
The grounds were just as immaculate as I remember. The beach looked like it has receded a lot, and seaweed and its lingering odor was still a big issue. We spent some time at the beach, but not as much during this 2nd trip because of the state of the beach as a whole. Yes, sex on the beach beds is now allowed; but (especially after peak day/afternoon times) be prepared for the roving security guard that will pass by just enough times to make you start to feel uncomfortable. To the people in rooms 1503-1505 and 1513-1515 who couldn’t stop staring and watching us on the beach beds, we hope you enjoyed the shows and hope you are considerate enough not to post us on Youtube (yes, we saw your phone out)!
We walked by the new Breathless resort. It looked huge, and dead. Those that were out and about gave the impression of being unfriendly and snooty. We were initially wondering/concerned about the line of sight view that Breathless guests would have onto DRM property; but once we got there we saw it wasn’t a big concern. DRM put up a wall and increased the height of the hot tub bar area, so the only ones that can really have a glimpse are the creeper construction employees on the roof of Breathless.
The nightly entertainment shows this year were impressive and great! The dancers were elegant, beautiful, and wonderful dancers; the erotic dance show in the club…holy hell! The acrobat/gymnast guy on the pole was simply amazing and inspired me to do my own short pole routine in the club later that night at the egging on of my wife!

Our 1st trip was simply terrific and will be in our most fond memories forever.

In many ways, this second trip was even better. It had a different feel and air about it, but it was nothing short of relaxing, fun, and truly amazing! Do we plan to return to DRM in the future??? In the famous words of Jay the entertainer… “Ohhhh, Jeah!” For what it’s worth, I hope this helps those who are considering going to DRM for their 1st time, or those who might be considering going back for their 2nd!
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017

Re: Recently Returned July 18th-23rd, 2017

Postby desireaddict » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks for the report. It was a long read, but worth it. It mirrors our first few Desire experiences. It's obvious that you are also addicted.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Fun Couple » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:08 pm

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”

Thanks, desireaddict. I know it was very long, and was/am worried it was too much. But as much as this forum has been very helpful to us, I wanted to give back as best I could. I have heard that quote before, and love it! Thanks for reminding me about it!
B and V
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

Postby CASHMAN » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Enjoyed every word of your experiences. Felt it came from the heart which is Desire to the core! You will experience a different outcome every time you visit this particular destination (Pearl and DRM) so keep your mind open and your alacrity to explore your lives quest referencing openness and you will be amazed at the results. Again, kudos :D . We have been to both resorts a total of 19 times and just enjoyed our 50th anniversary so we do have some experience referencing Desire.
CASHMAN
Desire Fan

Postby TandD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:28 am

Would love to read that report but I just can't handle the formatting.

Whitespace is your friend.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Yankeefan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:26 am

Just wondering since you've recently returned....any issues at all with the "tainted alcohol?" we go next week and of course, are a bit apprehensive about consuming...
Thanks
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Fun Couple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:23 am

No issues as described by some as "tainted alcohol". I'm CERTAINLY not discounting anyone's experiences, because I simply wasn't there with them. Who am I to say what did/didn't happen to them on their trip. In my and my wife's experiences, the only time we got beyond pretty buzzed was because we jumped right in after a day of traveling, flight dehydration, little food intake while traveling, then an active day in the hot sun intermingled with copious adult beverages. Probably just poor planning on our part, but it's hard not to want to dive right in. At Desire, no. At a different resort, we did get really intoxicated to the point where we woke up the next morning and didn't recall even going to bed. It took us a while to put all the pieces of the prior night info place. But again, we chalked it up to a lot of alcohol from morning till night. As a rule, we never leave our drinks out of our hands or out of sight, and normally get our own drinks and watch them being made. Hope this helps.
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

Postby Fun Couple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 am

TandD wrote:Would love to read that report but I just can't handle the formatting.

TandD, sorry about the format! I wrote our review on Microsoft word, then just cut and pasted it. It didn't transfer as well as I hoped (not to mention it was ridiculously long!). I'm not the most computer literate person. Although I've been reading this forum for a while, I'm new to posting. My apologies.

We, however, have read many of your posts and have enjoyed them! Thanks for your input!
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

Postby Takes2toTango » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:37 pm

If you are so inclined. I believe you should be able to click the edit button at the top of your trip review and add in a few extra spaces, headers etc where you deem necessary. Thanks for posting.

Fun Couple wrote:
TandD wrote:Would love to read that report but I just can't handle the formatting.

TandD, sorry about the format! I wrote our review on Microsoft word, then just cut and pasted it. It didn't transfer as well as I hoped (not to mention it was ridiculously long!). I'm not the most computer literate person. Although I've been reading this forum for a while, I'm new to posting. My apologies.

We, however, have read many of your posts and have enjoyed them! Thanks for your input!
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 15 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby CokeMann » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Takes2toTango wrote:If you are so inclined. I believe you should be able to click the edit button at the top of your trip review and add in a few extra spaces, headers etc where you deem necessary. Thanks for posting.

Admin Note FYI - Yes you can edit your own posts - however there is a limited time window to do so - I believe the forum software editing time limit is only about 20min(from the original post time) before the database file is locked from editing.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Fun Couple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:25 pm

CokeMann wrote:
Takes2toTango wrote:If you are so inclined. I believe you should be able to click the edit button at the top of your trip review and add in a few extra spaces, headers etc where you deem necessary. Thanks for posting.

Admin Note FYI - Yes you can edit your own posts - however there is a limited time window to do so - I believe the forum software editing time limit is only about 20min(from the original post time) before the database file is locked from editing.

Thanks, CokeMann! I was driving myself crazy trying to find the edit button so I could fix my post to make it more reader friendly, but there wasn't one. I'll try to do better, if there is a next time. P.S...I enjoy your time and posts as well, Coke.
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

Postby TandD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Fun Couple wrote:

Well now I feel bad for being snarky on your formatting. :(

Ah yes, the dreaded paste from Word conundrum. I understand.

Well since you complimented me - thanks very much for that - I redoubled my resolve to read your report and I'm glad I did. Very well done - it's a great perspective for newbies. I bet it would have been really helpful for *you* to read it back when you were agonizing over Trip Advisor reviews!

Thanks for posting!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Great report, very detailed, will certainly be helpful to others. So..... when are you going back?
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Fun Couple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Explorer79 wrote:Great report, very detailed, will certainly be helpful to others. So..... when are you going back?

Thanks, Explorer, if it were up to me, I'd quit my day job and be the DJ at Desires!!!

But...since it's not... I'd like to say July 2018, but it might sadly end up being an every 2 year thing. Kids

are getting older and we want to begin doing more family vacations together (your posts were extremely

helpful and hilarious also, thanks for them!)

TandD...No worries! Just new at this and want to be helpful to others! (Hope there was an acceptable

amount of whitespace this time! :lol: )
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:49 pm

We had to figure out the family vacation thing too. One thing we did last November was to do a short 3 nighter at Desire. While on the one hand it might seem like torture to only do a short trip like that it turned out to be a fantastic one. Do we wish we had more nights? Of course, but knowing we only had 3 nights forced us to make them count, which we did and we ended up making some great friends that we still keep in touch with. It's odd, even looking back its hard to believe that was only 3 nights, seems like it was twice that. So even a long weekend trip is do-able without compromise. If you can find a way to sneak a short one in-between longer visits you won't regret it.

We were talking a while back about whether we would rather do a single 10 day trip per year or two 5 day trips and we both overwhelmingly chose the two 5 day trips. The extra days are nice, but an extra trip we found way more valuable. Also, if forced to choose we'd rather be able to go full throttle for a shorter amount of days than have to pace ourselves or risk burnout. I'm guessing for us that by day 8 or so it would be diminishing returns, that is unless we had unlimited time and money, then we would just move in. :mrgreen:
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya