Locating the right travel agents

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Locating the right travel agents

Postby Azsunshine » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:31 am

Does anyone know if there is a list of travel agents that carry the Original Group's "Certified Partner's Badge". that are in good standing with the Desire Resorts. We booked last year through a agent and found out they charged 25% more than booking direct .
Azsunshine
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Locating the right travel agents

Postby mikeinnj » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am

We’ve used Orbitz and travelocity and, when combined with flights, has always been substantially cheaper. No clue if they were certified but doubt it.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby mr&mrssnow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:16 am

We've never used a travel agent for any of our trips. Mostly use Expedia, after shopping around they are usually just as cheap as anywhere else and you get points that work out to be credit $$$ for any future travel. Used $600 Expedia bucks in April.
Desire Rm
Nov. 16
May. 18
May. 19
mr&mrssnow
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swingingheaven

Postby khplay8 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:56 pm

mikeinnj wrote:We’ve used Orbitz and travelocity and, when combined with flights, has always been substantially cheaper. No clue if they were certified but doubt it.

Mike

Us too. From where we travel the discount Expedia/Orbitz gives when bundling the flight and resort is much cheaper.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby cs70065 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:21 pm

I have used Castaway Travels. They specilialize in adult themed trips like this. They answered a lot of questions for us before we went the first time. They also book places like Hedo and similar. I have always found the pricing to be the discounted pricing they offer. But Castaway handles the transportation for us and gives us a l. The shuttle is always nice with no issues and if there is another couple in the shuttle with us, we are guarenteed to be delivered first. Which makes for interesting conversation when we pull up. While RM lobby isnt that bad, you can CLEARLY see in the lobby of Pearl. This years trip there was another couple going to a vanilla resort int he shullte with us. We pulled up and through the lobby, you can clearly see there is a topless woman with enhancements with only bikini bottoms on and 5" heels walking through it. The husbands says, "I know where we are staying next year" , while my wife is covering her head and running inside not even worried about the luggage, LOL !
Desire RM - November 2015
Desire Pearl - April 2017
Desire ?? - November 2018

SLS, KIK & Kasidie - CS70065
cs70065
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby two4funinpa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am

We've used Orbitz in the past and have gotten better deals than booking direct. You have to be super flexible on dates and be willing to put in time to shop and monitor prices, but we've always done well.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Siren » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Luxury Lifestyle Vacations for sure. I consider myself to be an Experience Facilitator...lol. We are probably Desire's biggest booking agent and enjoy a very good relationship with them. We also book all sorts of other Lifestyle events including takeovers to other exotic locations (but I don't want to infringe on Cokemann's good nature by discussing it here. You can also shoot me a PM with questions.

Kathleen
LLV Club
Siren
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya