Newbie Trip Report - 9/26 - 9/30, 2017

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie Trip Report - 9/26 - 9/30, 2017

Postby ps0197 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:45 pm

My wife and I are a few days back from DRM. This was a completely new type of environment for the both of us. We found out about DRM over the summer while researching adults-only resorts, trying to find someplace that would actually be fun and interactive. She needed to think about it for several days before we actually booked the trip. After we booked, we found the forum to be helpful and informative, and so I thought it only was fair to give a "newbie" report. Note: If you wanting to read a sexy and racy newbie report, then these are not the drones you're looking for.

We had never travelled abroad, so that aspect of the trip had its own level of excitement and anxiety. We found the Cancun airport easy to navigate, and had no problems getting passed the timeshare salespeople. Our transportation was through USA Transfers. They were awesome, and I highly recommend them. Upon arrival at DRM (about 1:30 pm), the thing I remembered the most was the distinct fragrance odor. It wasn't necessarily good or bad, just very present and was consistent with the resort's effort at enhancing the ambiance. Check-in was quick. We were both steeled for the high-pressured time-share sales pitch because we had read several comments about it on the forum, but nothing of the kind remotely happened. Instead, she began to talk about the membership, we shook our heads No, and she moved on. It was somewhat anti-climatic. While we were checking-in, a nude male walk by outside towards the lobby bar. He wasn't necessarily the most attractive, and certainly didn't look like any guy on the DRM website. It was at that point I began to question myself about what I had gotten us into. Next, the woman checking us in gave us a tour, which consisted of showing us the steps to the Jacuzzi, and walking down to the restaurants. For some reason, I was expecting a little bit more show-and-tell. We ate lunch while our room was finished being cleaned. While eating lunch, it was surreal for us seeing numerous people in various states of dress and undress. Reading about it on the website and the forum is one thing, but being there in-person was another thing even though in your mind you knew what you were going to see. We didn't do much that afternoon, except walk around a bit taking it all in. We met a super-nice couple from Alabama at the lobby bar and chatted with them for a little bit. They were members, and I'm guessing they had been there a dozen times or so. We parted ways and got ready for dinner and ate at Suki. It was raining that night, so the live band entertainment was moved to the disco. It didn't quite do it for folks. The disco was pretty tame, and folks were leaving left and right. We too left and ended up at the lobby bar, where we chatted more with the AL couple. They assured us that what we had experienced in the disco was atypical due to the rain. We hung out there a bit talking, drinking, and eating pizza and tacos.

The next day (Wednesday) I got up early to get a beach bed, and we just hung out, ate lunch, and went to the gym (1 and only time). I was under the mistaken understanding that the beds were $20/day, but that is only if you reserve one in advance. We decided to step out of our comfort zone and booked an erotic couples massage. I enjoyed it, my wife had a happy ending but didn't necessarily enjoy it as much as I did. That night we ate at Sahlo with reservations at 7:30. We got dressed up and went to the restaurant. To our surprise and disappointment, there was only 1 other couple in the place for pretty much our entire meal. We were expecting (hoping) to see a lot of people (at this point in our trip, sexy or not). So, at this point, we'd been there about 30 hours and had only met 1 couple. My wife and I talked that we were probably giving off a vibe of some sort and that we were going to have to loosen up as we just weren't meeting people. That began to change, though, after the dinner. That night was uniform night. She went in a short camo dress with a zippered front, and I had camo shorts. It rained again, but this time the band played in the courtyard, people were dancing and we were able to meet several couples (Colorado) huddled under the lobby bar roof. The disco was hopping and was more of what we were expecting. I'm not much of a dancer but she loves to dance. I figured we weren't there to spectate, so she was surprised when I took her out on the dance floor. I realized that no one really cared how I dance - they were probably looking at her anyway. After dancing, we talked about seeing what the Jacuzzi was all about, but we (I) were (was) a bit apprehensive. I had in mind that it was unwritten that if were up there you needed to be participating. Keep in mind, since on our "tour" we didn't go up there, I wasn't familiar with the layout, especially the bar area. So, we were back at the lobby bar, but this time we were meeting and talking with more people, and it felt more like what I thought the place would be like.

Thursday was by far the most interesting day. Started out with claiming a pool bed and breakfast, and then back to the pool. Out of the blue I dropped my shorts to lay on the bed. I was hinting at my wife for her to drop her bikini, but she didn't. After lunch, we went back to the pool bed. I again dropped my shorts and this time she took off her top. After an hour or so, we were talking about something wholly unrelated to DRM but it was apparently a sore spot between us because one thing lead to another and we were (quietly) arguing. I went back to the room to take a nap and she went for a walk. 2-3 hours later it all came out. I think that I underestimated that exposed feeling she had taking her top off coupled with my jesting about taking it all off. Guys - if you are reading this and will be going for the first time (especially if this is your first foray into a place like this), don't pressure your wife to be partially or wholly naked. If she wants to do it, she'll do it and doesn't need your prompting. We had dinner reservations with a group from the Yahoo listserve. It was awesome. Many thanks to the organizer as it was exactly what we needed - being around other folks. We met some neat couples from Texas and Virginia. It was at the disco where our trip really turned for us. We had a met a super-cool couple from Philly earlier in the day at the pool. We were doing our dancing thing by ourselves and taking a break by the bar when they came over and he asked my wife to dance. Now this is what I was hoping for! I think we were both very nervous and excited. I and his wife joined them on the dance floor. Flirty dancing went on for awhile, and then folks peeled off to the Jacuzzi. We went up to the Jacuzzi bar, saw some live action, and then went to the playroom. There were 3 other couples there, but they all finished before we did. From where we were earlier in the afternoon to where we ended up was quite the evolution.

Friday was more like Thursday during the day. We experienced the foam party, which was pretty cool. We were going to do the buffet dinner, but then in the mid afternoon a couple we had been talking to from Nevada asked us to join them for dinner at Sahlo at 7:30. Shortly after being seated for dinner the super-cool Philly couple came in, and since we all knew each, we moved to a larger table. One of the best parts of the trip was that we didn't end up leaving the table until 10:15...almost 3 hours of effortless conversation learning about each other and hearing about each other's life experiences. Yes, the sex vibe is erotic, but we thoroughly enjoyed the almost 3 hour long dinner. Time flew by. We then all went to the disco and had a good time dancing. We had talked before the trip about boundaries, but the way the 1st couple of days had gone, I was thinking that whole conversation was not going to be relevant.. At some point while dancing with Mrs Philly, we began to kiss. That gave the greenlight to my wife/Mr. Philly, and they began to kiss. It was a turn on for me to see her dancing/kissing/being rubbed and touched by another guy, and being able to do the same to his wife. My wife and I would make eye contact in such a way to assure each other that we were okay. My wife and I made a brief stop at the Jacuzzi bar, then went and hung out at the lobby bar for pizza and tacos. It was raining steadily. We went back to our room and then decided to go outside to a beach bed to do it. The problem was that the rain was cold, she was shivering, and you can imagine the effect the cold rain on my man. Needless to say we went back inside.

I could go on, but will end these thoughts for fellow first-timers:

- say hi, introduce yourself, and put yourself out there. We didn't meet any unfriendly people.
- participate (guys and gals) in the costumes. It's harder to find guy outfits (the construction crew outfit was brilliant) but it is more fun.
- we literally saw people of all shapes and sizes of people. Be comfortable with yourself.
- I surprised my wife by buying her 3 dresses from Yandi. She doesn't have much opportunity to dress up. I learned, though, that the sexiest dresses aren't necessarily the skimpiest dresses. She still has to be comfortable in it.

Will we go back? Don't know. We're going to let the afterglow burn out before we make that decision so that we know it is the right decision, but we met some really fun people, we have absolutely have no regrets and we had the best 5 days together in a really long time!

And by the way.....as the week went on and we progressed in our comfort zones, our sexual intensity and passion progressed as well, even after we got home.
ps0197

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Newbie Trip Report - 9/26 - 9/30, 2017

Postby yoyo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Wow ! :L
erotic massage, kissing and touching with new friends for a newbie.....you two did had a blast !
:D
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby Takes2toTango » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks for the thought out post. Good for guys to remember let your wife drive the intensity level.
After the massage I would have made the same mistake as you, years ago but each activity is its own new direction.
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 15 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby JandH » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 am

Please go on. Would love to hear more. Thanks for the report.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby TandD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 am

Don't kid yourselves...you'll be back.

:D
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby jj555 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Great report!

How busy was it? Sounds like it was the one night

What were age demographics?
jj555
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jul 2017

Postby Taster » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 pm

That's a really good trip report!

I learned the exact same lesson about my lady, and the getting anked when she wants to, wearing what she wants to when she wants to, etc. It pays to answer questions about what you like honestly, perhaps even describe a little, and then leave it alone!
Taster

We arrive on: 04 May 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: WW

Postby mimagori16 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:50 am

Great report, thanks. We are trying to remember who you were, my wife was dressed as military gal and i had a camo pants, green tshirt and a hat.

We were there at about the same time from 9/27-10/2 and it was great, demographics were from the mid 20s to mid 70s but most from 40 to 60s. Occupancy was at about 90% I was told. We'll be writing our report soon... it rain about 3 days but we didn't let it ruin the experience.

As of tonight, we were still talking and remembering details of our trip... sex has been owesome and are planning our mex trip in April or May next year. We did a few things that want to try again.

J&M
mimagori16
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Sep 2017

Postby wannaplay3030 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:23 pm

What was it about the massage your wife didn't like as we are planning a trip and are first timers and plan on doing the erotic massage the day we arrive
wannaplay3030
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:30 am

:L

Thanks for sharing.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict