Newbies (oct 2009)

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbies (oct 2009)

Postby wifenhusb101 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Trip Report from Newbies (8-11 Oct)

US:

46 (husb) and 43 (wife), married for 20 years now, in fairly decent shape; in very good positions professionally and have a great family life. We are used to traveling individually, and together, widely around the world.

Travel:

It was a long (started around 5:30 AM for a 8 AM flight), tiring, but exciting (in my mind!) trip from Toronto, Canada to Cancun with a transit in Mexico City (took us 1.0 hr with the line-up to just clear immigration) and heading to the connecting flight. We flew Mexicana and are pleased with their service onboard compared to Air Canada / any of the US airlines. No checked in bags, security did frisk our carry-ons, but let us go in a min. Didn't ask for the customs form that I had filled up. Even when prompted by me, ignored it and waived us away!. Transbeach airport transfer was a breeze to the resort. We reached the resort around after 4:30PM.

Check-in:

Once our identities were confirmed, we were told to go to an adjacent desk to "get to know the resort" with our champagne glasses in hand. Everything seemed OK until the spiel started about the timeshare. Inspite of repeatedly telling the girl that we are not interested, she kept asking us where did we get the information to tell her that we would not attend the "breakfast" the next day. She did fill a form with our first names on it for the timeshare breakfast and I refused to sign. After ~5 minutes, she gave up and we returned with our "champagne" glasses in hand to the first counter to resume our "personalised check in",

Then on, everything went smoothly. One of the staff took us to the GV room that we had booked, and there we were, after 12 hours of travel on a thursday, and after a fairly stressful week at work for both of us, and AFTER THE TIMESHARE BS". Tap Water was awful. YOU CANNOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH THE TAP WATER. Had to use the bottled water (2 bottles provided for ur use in the fridge) for anything that you don't consider "for external use only".

We dressed resort casual, she, with a skirt and a top and me with a t-shirt and a shorts and headed to the bar near the lobby check-in. got couple of drinks and walked to the beach. Not many around (6:30 PM, sure, there were at the hot tub). Sat on one of the beach beds and relaxed. Few minutes later, we saw the first couple walking by naked. Next, saw few more, and my wife was quiet calm to my surprise (first time, welldone!!).

The weather was nice until about 6:30 PM. Then the clouds started to darken and the wind speed picked up. Then the weather got ugly, and came the thunder storm and rain. It was fierce and lasted for an hour. we ran to the beach bar and ordered another set of drinks, Cici, such a great bartenderand such a lovely girl, introduced my wife to a tropical delicacy and I ordered one from the paper menu that was kept on the bar counter. We met a very sweeet couple from US and was chatting with them. The resort staff started cleaning up and we headed to the Italian sit-down diner.

The diner and the ambiance was wonderful. Full course meal with a glass of Merlot. Wife doesn't drink alcohol, so ordered a tropical fruit punch. Great food and ambiance. Very friendly couples who made us feel at home right away, I think this is one of the best part of Desire resort.

We head back to the area in-front of the lobby and sat in an area and soon joined by another couple. By then the entire area was cleaned up and was dried by the staff. I mean "dry" after the huge storm. There was a great "fire show" and entertainment until about ~10:30. Very elegant and very nicely done by the EC. We then headed to the Disco. Awful music, stink from the rest rooms wasn't something that I would expect from a resort of this class. We got back to our rooms after midnight, very long day, but still had the energy to have a great sex, before falling asleep.

Day2: Woke up around 6:30 AM and headed to the beach with the coffee from the bar. After couple of hours, did the gym/spa/steamroom and shower routine and we headed to the pool area and reserved a shaded area with a circular bed for both of us. She was willing to take the top off and I still remained in my shorts.

After a while, we headed to the beach and found a bed for ourselves. Thats when I took my shorts off and she was able to take her bottom off, "Big vow!!!!" for us. Saw so many other couples walk by naked. Then we got a couple near our bed who were naked and knew we were here. Was on to PDA so effortlessly and kept going for a while. What an erotic experience!!!!!!. I dont think we have or can experience something like it anywhere in the world. Went into the ocean, both of us naked now, and there were lots of other couples who were naked too and were to themselves. So natural was the nakedness and blended so well with the natural surroundigs that it didnt feel odd to us at all (first time being nude outside our bedroom out of the sheets), in front of others. No pressure, and It was so free. Got back to the pool area and for an evenng snack from the buffet grill. Wonderful day sofar with the weather and food and (I avoided alcohol on Day 2). We ordered a lot of tropical fruit punches and water; Really enjoyed more of the resort this way than getting my senses blunted with tequila / Vodka or any other form of alcohol (there are other places / resorts, a lot cheaper to do this, you don't need to pay so much to get drunk; but we did see lots of folks got drunk near the pool (did notice a latin guy got really sick the day after and had to call in for medical help). Then we ventured to the "roof top hot tub" area, and wife and I were nude almost immediately, (VOW!!!). Got into the hot tub and had some friendly with other couples. Didn't notice anyone "playing with" other than their partners. Again, this was not a takeover night (Lessons learned: Book a non-resort takeover period, if you are new and curios about it).

Day 3:

Had to shift to the ocean front room because of a mixed booking. Took us less than 10 min with the help of the resort staff. We got one of the best rooms in the resort, 1511 with a great ocean view (ofcourse $$$$). Had a great morning by the pool and afternoon by the beach. Evening was a bit chaotic with two groups taking over, fairly wild at the hot tub and around the beach beds in the night. "SEX" and lots of it. Had a great dinner at the Japanese tepenyaki restaurant. Skipped the disco, spent our time in the balcony of our room naked, viewing the ocean. Another great romantic night.

Return flights were uneventful, reached Toronto around midnight after a 10 hour journey.

BTWWe bought a calling card for US$8 (20 min of talk time) from the resort gift shop and used it during our stay. Each call using the resort phone in our room costed an additional $2. Overall, I think its the best option unless you are super-smart with anyother telecom scheme.

Overall, a great resort. Fantastic vacation.
Measure of Success: Wife is looking for the next possible opportunity to get back.

One caution: Avoid excessive alcohol intake. It's plain stupid to spend all that money and get drunk or even worse, sick and seek medical help in Mexico.

Take care

J&S (newbies) :lol:
wifenhusb101

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya