Trip Report - January 2018

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report - January 2018

Postby loveandlust222 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:13 pm

So, this was my fourth trip (his third) and it didn't disappoint.

We've now stayed in a variety of rooms. This time, we splurged on an ocean front passion suite. We keep odd hours at Desire, so we rarely saw our butler. I am sure that he came by every morning but we never answered the door. Ahem. :-) When we did see him on the property, he reserved beds for us, made dinner reservations, etc. It was clear that they pretty much find a way to work you in for dinner (unless you have a super special request) if you're in one of the suites. All that said, we probably won't stay in one every time. It's nice to have the bigger bathroom. And I love opening the doors and seeing the ocean. And the hot tub was nice. Hmmmmm, maybe I'm changing my mind already. But at nearly the 3x the price, is it worth it? Not sure. I think I'd rather be able to go three times a year.

The villas on the other hand....if you can get one of those DO!!!!! The communal infinity pool is often hopping with afternoon or evening parties. Our last two trips we've had friends get the villas and have had a blast both times. The shower in the villa is delightful. Watch out though, the stairs are super super slippery and we've seen a fall or two.

The food was terrific as usual. We especially like breakfast at the buffet. It took me a while to get accustomed to Mexican food for breakfast (I realize it's just food to them, hahaha) but I love it. There was a steak tomatillo breakfast burrito that was terrific. Also a broiled tomato with cheese that rocked my world. As always, the fruit display is heavenly. If you convince yourself to stray from the pastries and omelets to the more adventurous looking options, I think you'll be delighted.

The crowd was fantastic. We met tons of great people - some of whom we will definitely keep in touch with. There were lots of laughs and the shows were better than ever. I loved the paint/drum show - so much fun. And I *might* have done some body shots in the Moet bathtub with a gorgeous midwestern blonde.

The sin room was a little slower than usual this time. But there was lots of fun to be had at the hot tub. That more than made up for it. I wonder if there were more in-room parties than there normally are? Not sure, but we missed the sin room play.

Lots of girls got gorgeous glitter tattoos from the artist who is regularly at Pearl. Those were a sight to behold. Wish she'd been at RM when we were there, but I certainly enjoyed her work.

Carlos at the lobby bar is always fantastic. We always take care to tip everyone there, although they seem to treat everyone well. They now remember us and it's so wonderful to come "home" to desire.

My significant other made lots and lots of trips to lost and found to retrieve my lost items. A shoe. Some earrings. Underwear. :-) And I'm always amazed that they have everything there waiting for us. As many things as I leave behind (cue Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off) they have always collected them.

We've scheduled a return trip in August. Already missing Desire.
Corey (her) loveandlust222 KIK
Kelly (him) twinstarsfalling KIK
loveandlust222

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Jan 2018

Re: Trip Report - January 2018

Postby SexxxyInMe » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Fantastic trip report. Thanks for posting! It will be one week tomorrow since we returned from Desire and we are still going through withdrawals! The "Lost and Found" in your review was useful information as I typically lose something every single night due to Tequila. :shock: This trip, only earrings and a bracelet, so not as bad as some years. You guys sound like a ton of fun. Hopefully, our paths will cross at some point and we can lose things together :D
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya