St. Patrick's Day Week, 2018

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

St. Patrick's Day Week, 2018

Postby mrstommer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:25 am

Where to begin? %%-

We arrived on Friday, stayed thru Tuesday. Saturday the place and the people, including staff, were decked out in green and very festive. That evening at the outdoor band, most everyone had on something that glowed, flashed, or glittered green. It really was fun.

Highlights of this time at RM....like last year at this time, the grounds and rooms were immaculate. The flowers are beautiful, and the trees, bushes, all so green and lush. The beach was kept up nicely, despite a daily fight with seaweed. Lounging on a beach bed after breakfast and lunch was divine. We fulfilled a fantasy...making love on the beach bed...nearly every day, sometimes twice!

The sin room--we enjoyed that a couple of times. One time, interestingly enough, the lights were out! We entered and landed on the nearest bed, and were followed in by several others, and could not see a thing! We messed around with each other with sounds of 'happy' couples all around us! lol

We enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them. We also met up with old friends and got caught up, planning on a return to celebrate a birthday ("shhh!") :)

Weather was perfecto, 80's and breezy. Staff was ever so friendly. Entertainment--not too bad. There was a daily band at nine pm, outdoors by the bar. One of the bands was exceptional. There was only one performance. When everyone asks me what I like best at each resort, or which one is my favorite, this is one of the key points. My husband and I really enjoy both the band music AND the performances. So, here is where Pearl wins out. They have fabulous music at nine pm, half the time involves a live band. Then, at 10:30, there are performances nightly in the disco--which are amazing!!! Then, again, time to dance afterwards.

The food---could not be better! Both resorts knock this aspect of an all inclusive out of the water! The abundance of fresh seafood and how it is prepared is excellent. Steaks, notably the filet mignon served at Sahlo, was incredible....and I am not a steak lover. My husband enjoys a good steak, but is particular, and loved his dinner. So many people we heard on this forum did not like the guacamole. Being an avocado and guacamole fan, eating it daily here at home, was IMPRESSED with the smooth and wonderful taste of the freshly made guacamole served daily on the buffet. There was nothing to complain about regarding our experiences dining at RM (this time or any time--likewise at Pearl).

Drinks--the choices were wonderful, but not as inclusive as at Pearl. A couple of our favorites were not offered here at RM (cognac). But the taste of the tequila was smooth and flavorful. They even had Mezcal, which was a smoky treat (though we don't smoke).

We had a marvelous time!
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Re: St. Patrick's Day Week, 2018

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Great report, sounds like an awesome trip!

So many people we heard on this forum did not like the guacamole. Being an avocado and guacamole fan, eating it daily here at home, was IMPRESSED with the smooth and wonderful taste of the freshly made guacamole served daily on the buffet

The issue with the guacamole was that in the past, the way you described it is exactly how it was and it was fantastic. Last fall though they switched it to something else and it was like the stuff you would make from the guac powder from the grocery store, or worse. I promise you that as an avocado and guacamole fan you would not have enjoyed this at all, it was awful. However, it sounds like the real stuff is back now so that is very good news.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:11 am

So excited to hear good things about the guac! The wife would be pretty let down if she wasn't able to indulge in freshly prepared guac each day. I'm certain that's her favorite part of our trips to Mexico. :)

Also glad to hear that your trip was great, sounds like a fun way to spend St Patrick's Day.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby Reverse17 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 pm

We had our first desire experience over St. Patrick’s day! We are hooked. We already booked for end of September the day we got home! We met so many incredible people and had a blast. Although we are not in the lifestyle, we were able to push our boundaries and be so free with each other. Such an amazing experience for us! We are still on the desire high.
Reverse17

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2021

Postby tannaked » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:33 am

Diane and I were at Desire over St. Patrick's day and had the pleasure of sharing tequila with Mrs. Tommer and Tommer over the course of a few days.

The weather was fabulous, not a drop of rain while we were there, the people were fun and engaging; we met many previous (hate to call them old) friends and made many new ones once again.

We have been to several St. Patrick's days at Desire RM and each year lately the resort has upped their game. This year all the beds around the pool had green sheers, St Patrick's day decorations were everywhere. At one point in the morning Daniel the pool attendant came out dressed as a leprechaun with a pot of gold chocolate coins and paraded around to Irish music passing them out. Great fun!!! Lots of laughs!!!

The level of participation for the St. Patrick's day theme that night was amazing. Almost everyone was sporting the green in one way or another. It was nice to see the men fully participating as well. A really fun evening! :mrgreen:

The seaweed (sargasso grass) is bad once again. However I had a lesson in beach management 101 from CC
when I was there. It seems that the sargasso brings sand with it and if the beach rakers follow their new protocol the sand will stay and not be gathered in the bags and taken away. They only rake up the oldest stuff as it has had the sand washed out of it, and rake the newly arrived stuff back towards the ocean to be washed with the waves and then picked up tomorrow. The beach is certainly much better sand wise than when we were there in February. We are returning in late June, we will see how it is doing then.

And, Mrs. Tommer, we'll see you then.

Ritch. :CAN
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby mrstommer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Tannaked--appreciate the details you provided about the seaweed! Yes, too, about the leprechauns we saw flirting around the pool...and the beach.....as we were discovered by two lovely lady leprechauns while we were 'otherwise occupied'......lol......only at Desire! We enjoy meeting new people, love reconnecting with old friends. We learned much about ourselves, as we do each time. Personally, this was our best time. We grew closer, and have learned how to listen to each other even more, from the heart. That is also what drives our friendships. Indeed.....Desire is a magical place.

We will see you again to celebrate someone's birthday, Tannaked.........shhhhhh!! :D Machineworks, we shall meet you in June, as well! :D

Cheers!

<3
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya