Newbie trip report, 11/10 - 11/13

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie trip report, 11/10 - 11/13

Postby Piqued » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:36 am

My wife and I just returned from the best vacation of our lives, so I figured we’d share our experience with those on the board, since you were all so instrumental in our decision to visit Desire in the first place.

ABOUT US

Prior to booking our trip to Desire, we were what anyone would call a “normalâ€
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:29 am

Good report, thanks for posting!

Learned the lesson the "hard" way, eh?! Too funny!!!
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am

WOW! Great trip report! I'm curious about the "Lingerie Night". Seems like an easy theme to go with I wonder why no one really participated? I just know we will be, even if no one else does.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time and it sounds like Desire is going to meet all our expectations!

:)
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby u4ea » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 am

Excellent trip report!

Funny about the lingerie night. When we were there last, I think it was the most popular theme (along with white night) in terms of guest participation. I guess it really does just depend on the crowd.
u4ea
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Mar 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby mfay » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:17 am

Excellent report Mike & Karen ! Thank you so much for posting it. Reports like yours- from the "newbie" prospective- are very important to other couples headed to Desire for the first time.
We appreciate it, and we would love to see more folks post their own reports !
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby bigfin23 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:19 am

Can you be more specific about "cocktail dresses" my wife was picking out her best lingerie, does she need something else now? Thanks!
bigfin23

Postby Piqued » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:12 pm

@bigfin23, like I said, it's probably different every week, and there's a good chance your experience will be completely different than ours.

When we went, a lot of women seemed to be wearing short, skimpy dresses that looked like cocktail dresses. Those who did wear lingerie wore something similar to what you'd find here. I guess you'd call it a "chemise." (I need to brush up on my lingerie terminology.)

My wife was wearing something similar to this, with fishnet stockings and spiked heels, and felt very out of place. We made it as far as the outskirts of the lobby area, took a look around, and made a beeline back to our room to get changed into something a little more conservative.
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby funsuncpl98 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Has anyone else been to lingerie night when people actually dressed in lingerie? We were really looking forward to this!
funsuncpl98

Postby mfay » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Absolutely- many times. In fact we have great pictures (that the Mrs will not allow me to share) of the crowd during a particularly sexy lingerie night. It is very common for ladies to wear actual- very skimpy- lingerie.
As Mike & Karen guessed, it varies with the crowd.
Usually when there is a group or just a lot of veterans the theme dress is much more daring.
You have to remember that at Desire- there really is no such thing as being too daring in your costumes or dress in general. People have been naked all day, and often leave the disco that way too. You really can't be too revealing or too suggestive. Don't be afraid to be a trend setter if others are dressing conservatively. You'll find that others will quickly follow your lead !
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Denver Duo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:33 pm

mfay said, "You really can't be too revealing or too suggestive."

We agree completely. For the newbies, we found that on our first trip the lovely half of us didn't pack enough revealing and suggestive costumes and she felt overdressed in the disco. Good thing she likes fine lingerie for daily life and packed plenty! Fortunately for the male half, she fixed that on the return visit and also made Mr. wear the costumes too. It was a blast and one of the most fun aspects of Desire. We still have fun reminiscing about the costumes that she and others wore! If you are a first time guest, be prepared to step out of your comfort zone, and don't be surprised if both of you feel totally comfortable in a very daring costume.
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby miranda » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 pm

mfay wrote:Don't be afraid to be a trend setter if others are dressing conservatively. You'll find that others will quickly follow your lead !

My thoughts exactly! :)
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby tannaked » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 am

Have to agree with the above responses from Mike, Denver and Miranda. Our motto is "what is considered lingerie at home is dinner wear at Desire". You can only imagine the attention my much better half receives from the wait staff as well as the other guests.

Also have to say from a male perspective that lingerie night is my absolute favorite theme night. :D

Don't be shy - Desire is the place to do the things that you could never do at home.

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya