Our May 2018 Trip

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our May 2018 Trip

Postby pumpkinx » Thu May 31, 2018 12:32 am

Hi!
We had an awesome trip. A disclaimer: we are a bit new to the S world so the learning curve is there... Luckily we got to experience a non-takeover and a takeover timeframe so it was VERY interesting to see the differences. Bottomline: as Ss, future trips will only be during takeovers - it's taken me a bit to figure out "why" the differences are there, but here's a bit anyway...

Our week there was a non-takeover event and then we had 1 day when SDC showed up. I think my reflections here are best by describing the differences of the two groups - not that one was better than the other ; they were just very, very different.

We loved the SDC people as they were very open, engaging, interesting, well-traveled, well-dressed, etc. In and around the pool, they would reach out to start conversations. (Plus it was really nice that, because they were there, the volume of poolside music was kept down and for a longer period of time to allow for more mingling.) They didn't cling to their spouses; they were much more open to meeting people. Way more fun!

Our first week was really fun because I was all about the costumes. Everyone was very 'see-thru' and slutty and mostly outfits were purchased via .com websites. Lots of booty and skin-thru-slits, men in skimpy trunks, it was all hysterical and comical and sexy and delightful fun. Loved the creativity and fun people had. It seemed everyone stepped up to the plate, threw caution to the wind and just played with it.

(Dinner in the "steak house" got a number of people sick, me included, so we avoided that. Honestly, the best food was the buffet. So don't get hung up if you can't get the sushi reservations.)

It was easy to score a bed on the beach. By day 3, that seemed like the most luxurious place.

Oh... we did figure out that mornings/days were meant for connecting with people. So pool time/lunch time was important mingling time!

We had fun. I'd go again. I think meeting people beforehand is VERY important unless you are with takeover group as they are incredibly welcoming.Bottom line is, if you are, or are hoping to swap, go with a takeover group. It is too expensive a trip to weed through the people.

Life is too short to help others figure out their shit. You can quote me on that.
pumpkinx

We are from: USA

Re: Our May 2018 Trip

Postby willijes » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:51 pm

"weed through the people" that's hysterical (but so true).

We used to think the same thing, always book when a take over group was there but we learned it's more about the crowd at any given time. Looking back surprisingly we have probably hooked up more on a non-take over week.

I enjoyed your take on your vacation, thanks for being gutsy enough to be honest.....cheers!
willijes
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Sep 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya