nov 11 to the 16th

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

nov 11 to the 16th

Postby kjc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 pm

We never do trip report but here it goes,arrived just after Ida,weather was so so,never got past say 82,and 82 when it's cloudy feels like it's in the 70's,I think that's why the pool was so cold,we have been to desire 7 times in past 2 years,we love it,but we do have some suggestions,they need to mix it up a little,every day same routine,same music,same food,maybe twice a week have an outside bbq, dinner or lunch,maybe have a coctail hour for repeat guests, and the entertaining guys,forget it,this is the most noticable downfall since last year,these guys are just going through the motions,with no emotion,I get that for them its day in and day out,but it's their job.Vollyball games,you will have 6 of them playing with many guests sitting by waiting to play,I don't get it.I do not remember who the staff was 2 yrs ago but boy were they good.Service has not gone down,these folks are the friendliest you will find.Oh yea and I am still not getting the queen bed thing,it's hard to get a room with a king bed,the queens get crowded with 4 in them.We are from N.Y so maybe our expectations are a little high,but alot of these improvements are no brainers.With all this we still love the place and are already planning our next trip in April, so go figure.Any questions ,we would love to help,but this forum covers alot. KJC
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tout.prest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks for you thoughts guys. Its nice to hear the differences in your 7 trips.

I thought the pool was now to be heated since the reno last month. Is this not true ? We are there next month and were hoping the pool would be warm cause we dont expect the ocean to be. :(

Interesting comments about the EC staff. We noticed in June how "going through the motions" they all seemed. Especially at the disco at night. I know it must be a hard job to feign excitement at all times, But it is a real downer when they are not even into it. We havent even thought about the Volleyball since the males always seem to get into a pissing contest while playing and never welcome the ladies into the game.

Couldnt agree more about the beds size either. My wife and I both agree that we are never going to "downsize" while on vacation. That seems stupid and It is the one major request we make during "Early express check in". A King size bed is a deal breaker for us ! :roll:

What was the state of the beach while you were there ? were the beds in the water ? lol

Thanks again for your report

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby kjc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:40 pm

the first day we were there the longe chairs were on top where the mattresses usually are but that was because of the hurricane two days before,after that maybe 15 ft of beach,which is usually average,never really seen too much more than 20ft.
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:34 am

Interesting comments about the entertainment crew. At Desire Cabo, they were great and enthusiastic. Really welcoming the women into the pool volleyball games especially!

There was one guy who just had to "be the man" and spike it over the net. It hit a woman right in the face. You should have heard and seen what happened to him, by both the EC's and the guests.

You can bet he never played mixed volleyball like that again at Desire.

Thanks for the "real info" on the resort. Nice to know it's not a "perfect" resort in every way.

We've made only a couple of "do-able" requests. Will let you all know if we get them honoured.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya