11/14 thru 11/18

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

11/14 thru 11/18

Postby Funtime197 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:45 pm

This was our 1st trip to Desire. We had been to Hedo 2 once before so a nekid vacation is the only way to go.

We flew out of Denver on Frontier non-stop flight, which was worth a little extra $. The plane was on time no problems. The Cancun airport was busy but we got thru in 1.5 hrs. Not to bad. The transport and timeshare share sharks were in full force. We walked straight thru to our Trans Beach shuttle and to the resort with no problems. Check in quick and easy garden view #2302. We were a little disappointed with the room very small only a queen bed and the rain drop shower had such a low output it took forever for the wife to wash her hair. We threw our luggage on the floor like teenagers, changed and headed for the bar got drinks and began to explore the place. We got side tracked on a beach bed for a while. (after dark). Sat night was steak buffet and it was fantastic.

The next morning we went the beach. There was a man from Scotland I think playing a guitar and singing, he was very good and entertained us most of the morning. That afternoon we had an appointment with Claudia for the couple’s massage. ( $13 cab fare 1 way) She is a very professional therapist and a sweetheart to boot. This will be a must do for our next trip and I highly recommend her services to any couple going to Cancun.

The food and drinks were good; we are not very picky eaters. We both thought the lunch selection at the pool grill were great. We ate at the international restaurant 1 night and the buffet the rest of the time.

For the remainder of our stay we camped out by the pool played volleyball horseshoes and participated in most of the events the EC staff had. About 4 hit the hot tube for a few hrs and eat dinner. The bands that played at the main bar were pretty good; played some OLE time rock&roll that was good dance music. The disco was busy most nights and again the EC kids had some fun games. The playroom was only busy one night we used it other times there might have only been 1 other couple there. The AC in the disco and playroom were working fine. The music at the disco was ok. If the DJ would realize that the majority of the guests are children of the 70’s and play better dance music the place would be packed every night.

Tidbits:
The EC staff did a great job; the kids are full of energy and enjoy having fun with the guests

The pool was cold and we saw very few people using it. People would jump for just a few minuets and then get out. The new heater I guess was not working.

We tipped our maid a few $ every day and she kept our room in great shape. The foot traffic along the beach from other resorts was light. The 24hr bar was nice other places we have stayed don’t open the bars till 10am. They have changed super hero night to naughty school night and have a make out / kissing contest in the disco.
The pool lounger and beach bed policy works great reserve your spot in the morning and you have a spot to put your stuff without worrying about loosing your place. You can be gone for 2hrs and return.
They fogged for bugs every night, but I still got about a dozen bites wife had a few. The bugs seemed to be out only late night
We met a lot of nice people (hi Nebraska couple) from different parts of the globe, you could strike up a conversation with anyone.
A fun short trip we will return sometime.
Funtime197

Postby mfay » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:23 am

Thanks Funtime ! We really appreciate trip reports- and especially from 1st timers. It sounds like you had a good experience.
Interesting that you found that the EC staff did a great job. In another trip report covering many of the same days, the poster found them to be a big disappointment.
All in the perspective I guess.
Both reports mention how cold the pool was. Desire says that the pool heater was working during the period and that the temp was maintained at 82 degrees. Maybe when it is cloudy or breezy that isn't hot enough and they need to rethink the setting ?
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby miranda » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks for posting your trip review! Do you know if the roof top jacuzzi area is open all day or later on in the day?

I agree with you about the music in the disco and was hoping they would be playing that kind of music. I guess not.

Glad to read you had a good time.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Piqued » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:29 pm

The jacuzzi opens at 1:00, I believe. But it doesn't really get hopping until around 3:30-4:00 (and then again, sometimes, after 11:00pm.)
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 am

As noted above, it does open around 1 PM and gets really rockin' after about 4 PM. It become a bit quiet around dinner time until about 11 and then starts rockin' again for a few hours.....

Hope that helps!

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby kjc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 pm

we had posted the trip report based on 7 trips there,if you are a first timer you really do not have anything to go by,I am sure you will find the ent. staff entertaining,but going by the past crews,they are not as good.and we all know that everyone's first time usually blows you away,especially first time at a place like this.
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya