True Tales From First Timers - July 2018

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

True Tales From First Timers - July 2018

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 am

I have contemplated writing this since getting back from our trip, but felt that a period of decompression may be needed first.

We returned from our first ever trip on July 2nd, after staying for 4 nights. It wasn't just our first trip to Desire, but our first trip to anything remotely close to what Desire offers. We settled down together at a young age and even skipped out on the young college party days. We are now in our early 30's and were just hoping for a fun adventure to share together. What that would include, we weren't entirely sure.

Before our trip, we had messaged back and forth with primarily two couples. One was a veteran couple, who were a huge help with settling our nerves and answering all the silly newbie questions we had. The other, was also going for their first time and were similar to us in a lot of their thoughts and feelings and excitement about the trip. Both couples trips were going to overlap with ours, so we knew we'd have someone to say hi to during our stay.

When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted and handed a glass of champagne to sip during the check in process. Check in was easy and quick, but our room wasn't ready, as we arrived at about 12:45. They moved us to another desk to schedule the sales pitch. I was so hungry at that point, I just wanted to get to the buffet, so we quickly nodded and scheduled the pitch. (We later went back and canceled the sales pitch, to the dismay of the lady up front.)

We then were taken around the resort to see where everything was located. As we passed the pool, we noticed that a lot more people were wearing swimsuits than we originally would have thought. We quickly went to the buffet for lunch. The buffet food was less than stellar, however, we noticed the next day that they will cook up hamburgers or tacos, or nachos at your request. That is definitely the way to go.

We spent the afternoon lounging on a pool bed. We kept mostly to ourselves, not sure what we should be doing. We did venture up to the jacuzzi before it got busy, just to see it. There was one couple at the bar, and one couple enjoying each other on one of the beds. That was the first time we witnessed PDS. It wasn't all that odd to see, but we didn't feel like we should linger and quickly headed down to the beach. The ocean was so full of seaweed, we didn't even put a foot in. We've been to the Riviera Maya a few times over the last 5 years and this was definitely the worst we've seen the seaweed. A bit of a bummer, but the beach isn't really the focus of this resort, so it wasn't the end of the world.

We ate dinner that night at the buffet. It was completely empty. We were eating dinner at our normal dinner time, what we found, was that most people don't eat at Desire until much much later. The food at the dinner buffet was good, we didn't have any complaints. It was Italian night and the lasagna was excellent.

We then dressed for theme night and went to watch the show. It was neon night and my wife looked amazing in her little outfit. A see through white top with rainbow colored pasties, really short cutoff jean shorts with knee high bright yellow leg warmer things. Jewelry and other accessories. A ton of guests were dressed up. One couple was passing out flashing light rings. They introduced themselves and gave us rings to wear. The show itself, was cool, but for me, lasted too long. They could've shortened it by half and that would've been good. When the show was over, we went up to the disco. We sat on the far side of the room so we could watch. Lots of people on the dance floor enjoying themselves. Tired from travel, we decided to turn in for the evening.

The next day we woke before almost anyone else. We ate breakfast and reserved our pool bed for the day. We also used the gym that morning. We are regular gym people, but planned to skip while on vacation, however, with most the resort still in bed, and us wanting to get our blood moving, it seemed like a good idea. The gym was more than adequate for a vacation gym. Dumbbells up to 50 and a bunch of machines.

We spent the rest of the morning on the pool bed and in the pool. I did end up stripping myself of my trunks to wade around the pool. We met the veteran couple that we'd messaged with before the trip. They were as nice in person as they were in the messages. Checking to see how we were doing and if we were enjoying ourselves. A gentleman we had seen the day before came up and introduced himself to us, asked us if we were in the lifestyle, and encouraged us to take everything at our own pace. Through him and his wife, we met two other couples that day, and we chatted with them around the pool bar.

We all went our separate ways, shortly before the foam party. My wife and I stayed to the edge of the pool so not to be toppled by all of the foam. A lot of people were in the center of the pool having a great time. Other couples were hanging by the edge of the pool and I'm pretty sure a few were getting busy. Lol. After the foam party, we again went up to the jacuzzi, this time hanging out for a while and talking with the couples we'd met earlier in the day. We didn't get in the jacuzzi, as it was pretty warm, but we sat at a table chatting for quite a while. Some couples were taking advantage of the beds and I tried not to stare. We were enjoying talking to everyone so much we missed our dinner reservation at the hibachi.

We did finally dress ourselves and go down to the restaurant. While we missed the hibachi show, we were able to just sit at a regular table and order off the menu. The food was outstanding. Some of the best salmon and sushi I've ever eaten. My wife, who's a little bit of a foodie, also was extremely pleased with her meal. If I can remember what she ordered, I'll post it later.

After dinner, we went to the beach to spend some time together. We weren't planning to watch that show, or dress up for that night. I believe it was Latin night. At the beach, we sat down on one of the chairs and talked while listening to the ocean. We exchanged other oral pleasantries while there. :D My wife wanted to use the beach bed, but we couldn't find a towel to put down, and instead of going at it anyway, I'm ashamed to say that I was a big dull dud and we took the party back to our room. :?

The next morning was much of the same. Hanging by the pool, mingling with the people we had met and getting drinks from the swim up bar. The other couple we had messaged back and forth with before the trip was showing up that day, so we were anxious to finally meet them as well.

This was I believe the first day my wife had gone completely naked. I think we both very much enjoyed that freedom.

When the other couple we'd messaged with showed up, we immediately greeted them and let them know where we were sitting (I was going to type this without giving them names, but it isn't working, so we'll give them initials, the husband B and the wife S). They ordered drinks and looked for a place to lay out. All the beds were taken, so they put their stuff with our things. They wasted no time stripping down and jumping into the pool. We talked for a while with them, introduced them to some of the other couples we'd met and enjoyed the pool.

B asked if we wanted to go check out the jacuzzi, so we all gathered our things and headed up. The jacuzzi was full, the beds were full, the tables were pretty full. There was room on the back side of the bar, so we headed back there, and let the girls take the seats. Shots were ordered and we all drank up. The view of the ocean from up there is amazing. Most couples were just hanging out and talking. I'm sure there was activity on the beds, but I wasn't aware of it. B asked if we wanted to try body shots (something we'd previously discussed doing) and we decided my wife would go first. They set towels down on the bar and my wife hopped up there. It seemed like everyone around was watching. The other couples we'd been chatting with gathered around behind us, almost like a line forming to see if they could help out, lol. They handed me the chocolate squirt bottle and told me to decorate my wife wherever we wanted S to lick. I did my best. I don't know who poured the shot, as I was in a daze watching S take (give?) the body shot from off my wife. A cute lady, who my wife had met earlier that morning, moved in and made out with my wife while S took care of the chocolate...I really don't know what all was going on as my mind was blown at that point. A wife from one of the other couples did some quick licking too before S and my wife traded places. I'm trying so hard to remember all the details, but they escape me. It's like my mind has stills of the events, but not video. I remember little gifs and snapshots, but what all my eyes saw, I couldn't retain. :lol:

We showered and hung out for a while longer up there, ordering more drinks and talking. I had left most of my tip money in the room, so I apologized to Carlos the bartender for not having it on me, but I told him I'd get it to him later. He assured us, that what he just watched between my wife and S was more than enough and absolutely no tip was needed. My wife and S are both absolutely gorgeous, by anyone's standards, so I'm glad they were able to make Carlos' day.

After we all left and went to clean up, we met some of the other couples for dinner at the hibachi. I think the regular restaurant food at Suki was better. We then dressed for theme night, but we had missed the show it was so late already. So we made our way up to the disco and danced. We checked out the sin room and enjoyed some time on the beds. I think it was almost empty when we went in, but it filled up quickly, b/c there was at least one couple having sex on every bed. In the sin room, one man did touch S on the side of her butt without any invitation to do so. I'm not sure B noticed, but my wife said something to me and I shook my head towards the man to let him know that his advance was unwanted. He didn't seem offended, just backed off and stuck to his own party he had going on.

I couldn't sleep that night at all. Too much caffeine, too much activity...that was a rough night after an awesome day. We went to bed somewhere around 2 but my wife and I got up at 6. We walked the beach and talked, waiting for breakfast to open. We went to the gym, reserved our beach bed again, much of the same as days before.

I napped out at the pool while games were being played. I don't know how I slept through all the noise. We hung out with B & S most of the rest of the day and night. At the pool, jacuzzi and back in their room. We ate at the Mediterranean restaurant, which was also very good. It was my wife and I's last night, so we went to the show and dressed in our last nights theme outfits. She again, looked absolutely amazing in her lingerie. We went back to our room around midnight to enjoy each other one more time before leaving the next day.

We did as much as we could to be ready to leave, in order to enjoy the pool until the moment we had to leave. B & S hung out with us and another couple we met came up to chat as well. The activity crew came by wanting us to play a game. We did, which was fun b/c my wife got an easy excuse to smooch S again before we had to leave.

It was horrible when we had to get out of the pool and head home. We had said our goodbye's but I don't think my wife or I were ready to leave. Not just the resort, but our new friends. We had a blast. It was everything we'd hoped for and more. There was a fog over us for the next...two weeks? Maybe it's still there a little bit. I've seen one of the forum members comment a few times that he and his wife need to go to another resort for a couple days before returning to the real world. I think that's probably a good idea.

I'm not sure if we'll ever go back. We've discussed it, but we both feel like it would be a much different trip. Everything just kind of fell into place for this one, I'm not sure that kind of thing would be likely to happen again. We did miss out on enjoying those beach beds under the stars...so perhaps we will return. :)

We met people from all over the place, all different ages, all different careers, everyone we met was great. My wife got a ton of compliments. She went home feeling very sexy. That alone is worth going.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Re: True Tales From First Timers

Postby NNJAsianCpl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 am

Thanks for the great report! We'll be going for the first time in August and we just love to read about everyone's adventures...especially their first time.
Kik: nnjasiancpl
NNJAsianCpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: True Tales From First Timers

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks for reading it. I got a little carried away. And I even left out a lot of the details!

When we were first researching for our trip, I definitely enjoyed reading other first timers trip reports too.

I would also add, that it went as well as it did, because B helped to get things started. He was the one that was willing to ask about the body shots, and ask about going into the sin room. I'm always too worried about being polite. Had he not been willing to be the one asking, we may have missed out on a lot of the fun.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Re: True Tales From First Timers - July 2018

Postby desireaddict » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 am

I'm not sure if we'll ever go back. We've discussed it, but we both feel like it would be a much different trip.

After over a dozen trips (not sure how many anymore) I'll confirm the next one will be different. As will the next one, and the one after that. Different, but just as great!

Life is good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby NWABVCpl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:33 pm

Awesome trip report!! Sounds like you will be returning to Desire!!!
NWABVCpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF SDC C4P

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Great report, glad you finally had your trip. I remember when you were first posting about it and how far in the future it seemed at the time. I bet the wait was both tortuous and exciting.

MachineWorks wrote:I've seen one of the forum members comment a few times that he and his wife need to go to another resort for a couple days before returning to the real world. I think that's probably a good idea.

Yeah, this definitely is a great thing. This happened kind of by accident the first trip, just how we planned it, but we quickly realized we would've been in sad shape if we had to come straight home lol. It's kinda like getting 2 vacations in one, plus after all the wildness it really is nice to be alone together, reconnect, reflect etc...

MachineWorks wrote:I would also add, that it went as well as it did, because B helped to get things started. He was the one that was willing to ask about the body shots, and ask about going into the sin room. I'm always too worried about being polite. Had he not been willing to be the one asking, we may have missed out on a lot of the fun.

We had the same thing on our first trip, we were fortunate enough to hook up with a group who probably had a collective 50 visits. They knew how to get things started, well it's not that hard actually, everyone "knows", it's not that complicated, probably more accurate to state that they knew that someone must actually take action get things started. As I'm sure you saw, the crowd at Desire is very receptive, but there has to be a catalyst, many times just a simple as getting some product from the bartender and start a body shots session. That's probably one of the biggest things we learned early on from the group - if not for them there is a lot of stuff we wouldn't have experienced, it really accelerated things for us.

desireaddict wrote:After over a dozen trips (not sure how many anymore) I'll confirm the next one will be different. As will the next one, and the one after that. Different, but just as great!

This has definitely been the case for us. In your 17 years together we've never been to the same place twice, until Desire. The reason is that we always like new explorations, experiences and unknowns, but since each Desire trip is so unique it still gives us that - and some other fun stuff as well :D
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 am

desireaddict wrote:After over a dozen trips (not sure how many anymore) I'll confirm the next one will be different. As will the next one, and the one after that. Different, but just as great!

Life is good!
DA

NWABVCpl wrote:Awesome trip report!! Sounds like you will be returning to Desire!!!

The farther removed we are from the trip, the more it seems that we will go back. Ultimately, it will be up to my wife. She's expressed interest in returning sooner rather than later, so we shall see. :)
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 am

Explorer79 wrote:Great report, glad you finally had your trip. I remember when you were first posting about it and how far in the future it seemed at the time. I bet the wait was both tortuous and exciting.

Yes, it seemed like such a long wait back then! It came and went by so fast. 4 nights was not long enough, after having anticipated the trip for so long.

MachineWorks wrote:I've seen one of the forum members comment a few times that he and his wife need to go to another resort for a couple days before returning to the real world. I think that's probably a good idea.

Explorer79 wrote:Yeah, this definitely is a great thing. This happened kind of by accident the first trip, just how we planned it, but we quickly realized we would've been in sad shape if we had to come straight home lol. It's kinda like getting 2 vacations in one, plus after all the wildness it really is nice to be alone together, reconnect, reflect etc...

I remember originally reading your post, mentioning the buffer and not fully understanding why. But having first hand experience now, for us anyway, it would have been extremely beneficial to have that extra time together. I don't know that we would have easily kept our clothes on while still on a beach in Mexico though! They may have booted us out at another resort. lol.

MachineWorks wrote:I would also add, that it went as well as it did, because B helped to get things started. He was the one that was willing to ask about the body shots, and ask about going into the sin room. I'm always too worried about being polite. Had he not been willing to be the one asking, we may have missed out on a lot of the fun

Explorer79 wrote:We had the same thing on our first trip, we were fortunate enough to hook up with a group who probably had a collective 50 visits. They knew how to get things started, well it's not that hard actually, everyone "knows", it's not that complicated, probably more accurate to state that they knew that someone must actually take action get things started. As I'm sure you saw, the crowd at Desire is very receptive, but there has to be a catalyst, many times just a simple as getting some product from the bartender and start a body shots session. That's probably one of the biggest things we learned early on from the group - if not for them there is a lot of stuff we wouldn't have experienced, it really accelerated things for us.

Definitely. We will be eternally grateful for the way our trip turned out, and to B & S for diving in headfirst on their first day. Something we'll remember forever. :)
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby Twins92612 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:35 am

Awesome trip report!!! :D
41m / 37F "Living our dash"
Kik: Bradsteph2723
Twins92612
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Jul 2019

Postby JandH » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 am

I want to also thank you for taking the time to write your report. We enjoyed it thoroughly, and it will help the time go by as we await our November visit.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 am

Twins92612 wrote:Awesome trip report!!! :D

:L :L :L

JandH wrote:I want to also thank you for taking the time to write your report. We enjoyed it thoroughly, and it will help the time go by as we await our November visit.

The forum was so helpful in passing the time for me, leading up to our trip. I'm glad to be able to contribute. It really just kind of wrote itself! :D
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Plus, I'm sure writing it was a fun way to relive the moments.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Explorer79 wrote:Plus, I'm sure writing it was a fun way to relive the moments.

Yes! I've been reliving them over and over in my head, pretty much every day, but it was better to actually take the time to think about it all, as I typed out the report. :D
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby Cbelle01 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your expierence with us! My husband and I are also going to Desire RM for our first time at the end of november. A bit nervous so we thought finding other like couples( we are 28 &.31) would help withthe nerves when we get there. How did you find your group? Ive. Posted online and on the platform but havn’t had much luck yet.
Cbelle01

We arrive on: 29 Nov 2018

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Cbelle01 wrote:Thanks for sharing your expierence with us! My husband and I are also going to Desire RM for our first time at the end of november. A bit nervous so we thought finding other like couples( we are 28 &.31) would help withthe nerves when we get there. How did you find your group? Ive. Posted online and on the platform but havn’t had much luck yet.

I sent you a PM. Happy to help in any capacity I can offer. :)
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya