November Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

November Trip Report

Postby desireus » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:53 pm

I just had to write a quick trip report, now that i have gotten over the fact that I am back to the rain and wind, This was our first trip to Desire but it won't be our last. I'll start with the best things about Desire.

Best Things:
The service. The ratio to employees and guest is very high! The employees are very attentive and friendly.
The setting. Beautiful beach. Well maintained grounds. Nice enough room. We had a garden view but we were in the last room to the north and could easily see the turquoise ocean from our room.
The freedom. At Desire you can do what ever you want. Wear whatever you want. Act how ever you want. (though we never saw anyone behave rudely). And be who ever you want to be.
The choices. From eating and drinking to activities.
The other guests. The wide variety of people. There were all ages there a few younger couples in their 20's to couples in their (if I had to guess) late 60's. All guest were friendly and open minded.
The sex!!!

The few minor negative things.
The hotel transfer we arranged did not pick us up. We were reimbursed but were not given an apology. Boo Hoo!
The cocktails were not consistent. Every bartender made the drinks very differently. I have come to the conclusion that it is due to the fact that there is no measuring of alcohol and there seems to be always someone in training at the bars and restaurants. Why this has been overlooked is beyond me...unless it is on purpose!?
In certain spots throughout the pathways of the resort there was a strong smell. The shower in the room had somewhat of the same smell...mud and sewerish. LOL I do come from a place with perfect water and may be more sensitive than others.

The complaints are pretty minor and nit picky. We did not hang out near the pool so we did not notice the entertain staff doing a bad job. We never had a problem getting a beach bed...the pool chairs seemed harder to get. Eyes Wide Shut Night is a bit funny and not really very sensual. Theme nights were not very noticeable. White and Sexy and Lingerie Night seemed best attended. Just dress in something skimpy if you are a woman and dressy casual if you are a guy and you won't go wrong. The night club does need a bit of variety in their music. But it does really empty out early. As for extra activities, we went snorkelling with a company just down the beach from Desire. $37 USD per person, about an hour and a half in the water. We did see colourful fish and coral....but not a big thrill.

We also went to Playa and did some haggling. Next trip we will just go to Puerto Morales and skip the snorkling. LOL
I think that about covers it. We can't wait to go back next year with a playlist for the club and a ounce glass for the bar! LOL It was a very refreshing and romantic trip.
desireus

Postby miranda » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks for posting your trip report so soon.

Sounds pretty much what we experienced and unfortunately we did witness a guest (or two) behaving rudely but I guess it all depends on one's definition of "rude behaviour".

Were you there between the dates of Nov 24 and Dec 2?

Our trip report is currently being worked on but needless to say, we had a great first time trip to Desire Cancun and will probably make a few comparisons to Desire Cabo in it.

Thanks again!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm

When we go to desire, we always bring CDs with our favorite songs on them...especially ones great for pole dances. I have plenty of fond memories (and pics) of Gin and her friends dancing on the pole. The DJs are good about taking requests...especially if it is a slow night...they like to get the party going.
We agree about the bartenders....Edgar and David were the best and very consistent....knowing exactly what we liked and how we liked it. We'd come to the lobby bar and before we could say hi...they had our drinks made for us. Some of the other bartenders could care less.....I guess that's why they don't last.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya