Best days to visit Desire

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Best days to visit Desire

Postby bxmuelle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 pm

We are thinking of making our first trip down to Desire Riviera Maya. Some friends of ours are going down from Thursday to Thursday. We can’t do a seven day trip, but are thinking of doing a four or five day. My question is, what it be better for us to do Thursday to Monday, or Sunday to Thursday? My first thought is over the weekend. I’m thinking more people might be doing extended weekends, as opposed to taking off work days. Would love to hear from some of the veterans and regulars about what they think. And what nights are typically theme nights, or is there a theme most every night?

Thank you very much for any help.

Brad
bxmuelle
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Feb 2019

Re: Best days to visit Desire

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm

The short answer is... A day that ends in "Y" :D

If I had to choose I'd go with Thursday to Monday. There are no guarantees but it's much more likely to be higher occupancy over a weekend than Mon-Tue.

Also if you went Sunday to Thursday you miss the foam party on Friday and you don't really want to miss that.

This all assumes you want the experience that is more lively, less serene. If that's not the case, then flip it.

Also, every night has a theme.

To summarize, other than the foam party, every day at Desire is about the same, the difference is in the number of people, which of course is a huge factor in the actual experience, probably the biggest.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby GoldCoCouple » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 pm

You're making a mistake that we already made. Our first trip we needed to cut shorter than we would have liked (only 5 days). It wasn't enough time. Then again, I don't think there is such a thing as too much time at Desire. If you can in any way stay longer, do it. The problem with 5 days is half of the first day and at least half of the last is lost due to travel, transportation, and unpacking/packing. That only leaves less than 4 days and you will only just start really relaxing when it's time to leave.

Other than that, we agree with 'any day that ends in a y'. Trust us, you will wish you stayed longer...
GoldCoCouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, Swingersboard

Postby Robbohere » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm

We are going in May. I took the suggestion of someone here you may consider. We’re going May 1-5 (Wed-Sun) 3 days, 4 days, same price. We’re going to stay in the Marriott Cancun April 30th and again the night of the 5th. $100 a night and we capitalize our time at the resort.

Can’t wait! :US
Robbohere

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 May 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya