Desire Cancun Week of 8/11

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Desire Cancun Week of 8/11

Postby UncleFester » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:23 am

Here is our take:

1. The service couldn't be better.
2. The whole beach bed thing is great. Now they have a beach concierge for control. One bad thing- some of the beach mattresses are split open,and full of water, which is a little uncomfortable.
3. The bed in our room may as well have been made of concrete. And I like a firm mattress.
4. I was surprised at the number of people who remained in swimsuits. It was close to half. Interestingly, they tended to be pretty hard core swinger types.
5. Some people have a disturbing habit of putting their stuff down on the jacuzzi beds and then hanging out in the jacuzzi for two hours, thus creating uncertainty for those who want to use the beds.
6. I'd read about some thefts and stuff. However: one couple told us how they left all their valuables out. When they returned, it had been put in the safe; they had to go to the front desk to get the code. I thought that was good.
7. Food was ok.
8. Too many smokers. We were always downwind of them.
UncleFester
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS hudsonvalleyfun

Postby allovatan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 am

5. Some people have a disturbing habit of putting their stuff down on the jacuzzi beds and then hanging out in the jacuzzi for two hours, thus creating uncertainty for those who want to use the beds.

Agreed!! This was probably the only annoying aspect of our trip in June
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 am

4. I was surprised at the number of people who remained in swimsuits. It was close to half. Interestingly, they tended to be pretty hard core swinger types.

"Interestingly" ? Nah...more like bizarrely...
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Denver Duo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks for the trip report UncleFester! We thought there were more people in swimsuits on our last trip too. But half the crowd is unusual. Their loss! But Aunt Flo can have an effect on some.

We also found the habit of others to put their stuff on the beds by the jacuzzi a tad bit rude. When the urge strikes a couple, it kills the moment to have to check around to see if a bed is available there or have to go back to the room. The jacuzzi beds are fun if they're available!
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby randyandmissy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:20 pm

We were there week of 08/12 thru 08/17. We also commented on number of people wearing suits all the time.

We found the disco to be disgusting this time. The place is full of mildew and needs to be totally gutted and updated.

We were there 5 nights and the Japanese Restaurant was closed three of them. One of the nights was Saturday night. There is no excuse for having one of your best restaurants closed on a Saturday night. Another unacceptable event happend that night when the entire resort had to sit and wait until almost 11:30 for the "Owners" to finish there "special" meal by the pool before the disco opened. The amazing thing was to see all of the workers once the disco opened running around like busy little beavers making sure everything was right in the disco. Several walked around with incense sticks trying to get the mildew smell out. I thought the customer was the most important thing to a business.

Final thoughts, Desire would cease to exist whithout the "atmosphere". There is a brand new , beautiful , Secrets opened up right next to Desire.
Of course it doesn't have the atmosphere that Desire has, too bad.
randyandmissy
Desire Fan

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:53 pm

And that is one of the reasons there is no Desire Forum.
Ron
Desire Devotee

The Truth Hurts!

Postby randyandmissy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:17 pm

Brother Ron, we were on our 6th trip to Desire. We love the place. We want it to continue. It will not if they don't pay attention to the customer. It is not a cheap place anymore.

We had several members of our group that could not step foot in the disco because of the MOLD! That is not right and that is not asking too much!.
randyandmissy
Desire Fan

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm

Actually they are sinking all their money into the new $15,000 a week (top room) resort Unik. Ya all just gotta check that web site out and the prices. Maybe one day our Great Swami of the North will schedule the YNOT's annual trip there? Now Not So New Mike will need 25,000 Nicole Banks for that one. I can't imagine spending 15K + air + tips on a vacation. Maybe Big Daddy. Maybe some of our wealthy brethren but surly not us Jersey guys. Not a shot!

Just received this new web site from Desire. Ya' all just gotta check these prices out. Holy shit!!!!!

http://www.unikresorts.com/
Ron
Desire Devotee

Postby JCnBadboy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:26 pm

We agree, they shouldnt stash their stuff by the hot tub beds. Our last visit, we found that as well, and on our last day, so many were wearing clothes.. some of them fully clothed. We felt a little uncomfortable, at least it was our last day and we had to leave by noon, but still. Aunt Flo aside...lol.. that is for young women. (they have surgery to cure that now..lol)
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby DoctorandDomina » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:04 pm

As to people leaving things on the jacuzzi beds to "save" them...utter rudeness like that requires not polite response in my book. The one time it happened we simply asked loudly near the jacuzzi who belonged to the stuff (on the only open but unoccupied bed), nobody replied and we simply moved it onto a nearby table and had our fun.

Still, it's a bummer to have to "kill" the mood as some say by having to ask.

Gross and outrageous about the Disco mold. Wonder what would happen if someone sued the resort after becoming sick from their allergy to it?

Katrina
DoctorandDomina

Postby Ron » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Been complaining about the stinking smell in the disco since the second storm hit 2 years ago. I don't think they ever dried out the inner walls and the mold formed. Her holiness, the PR director assured all that she would bring it to the attention of management.....I wonder how hard and long they laughed about that one?
Ron
Desire Devotee

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya