Live trip Report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Live trip Report

Postby JCnBadboy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Well Dear Reader
Today, we went on the cat cruise.. the good one.. ha ha.. It was cold and windy, but we all had a great time, just having a few and yakkin, we all had to keep our clothes on, much to the chagrin of our captain, he was really hoping for good weather and a little panochita, but, sorry man, we all had our jackets on. None the less, we had a great time. honestly, today was our most fun day.
The hot tub today was really fun. Nancy is having her last night, and this trip was full of "firsts" for her. JC is hoping that maybe, Nancy might have another first ...later tonight.. we shall see. We have both had way way too much to drink today, so , we will go and eat and sober up a tad.
Today truly was a blast, in spite of the shitty weather.
There are many, fresh faces here, and its not so busy. So, things are a little less, uh.. messy in the hot tub.
JC wishes she could have had more time with Heather,.... but sometimes that dosnt work, and sends special happy birthday to Jim. (grin)
Heather, we toast to you. Jim has the whole thing going on. it works,.. and I will say, that in 14 years, JC has never seen another man, that she would like to play with. Heather too.. yummy girl. yummy.
The Canadians truly have the stuff this year folks.. ...
Off to dinner now Dear Reader, Starving, in fact. So let me sober up and I will let you know how this evening goes.. things look promising. Cross your finger.. JC is chomping at the bit...
Later Dear Reader, Later. oh. and sorry, yesterday I was a little drunk.. yesterday is under... Arriving.. loll. drunk.. what can you expect. I am just glad I can barely type! Hugs.
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Looks like they have sucCUMmed to alcohol poisioning.....sure is quiet!
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Me thinks there was trouble in paradise to stop the trip reports.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Live Trip Report...

Postby JCnBadboy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Hello Dear Reader.. We are home now.. got in late last night.. WARNING.. WHEN AT CANCUN AIRPORT DO NOT ORDER FOOD AT JOSE CUERVO'S...We got a lovely deep fried COCKROACH with our order!
Well.. some of the comments were kinda right.
Although we LOVE, truly LOVE Desire, there were a few daily issues that really seemed to ruin the CHI.
For instance... B from one of the M states.. he decided to surprise his, less than pleased wife, she was not very happy, and was very eager to show her displeasure. B got raging drunk and made the evenings a 911 alert. The young couple, they could not stop bickering.. "If you dont bring me a cigarette RIGHT NOW!! I am going to EXPLODE!" The other young couple who were arguing about who was drinking too much...
The idiot bartender at the hot tub that created such a stir that someone went ballistic and there was huge destruction to the already fragile hot tub......that was New Years eve, much later,
The New Years fiasco.. more than a few people did not get their dinners at all.. we were fortunate to finally get ours just past 11:30 Burnt, cold lobster, and a cold steak. Some of the other things were less than consistent as well. The young one from a southern state, who was so smart to bring up the politics, then the arguement, (the funny part about that is, it had nothing to do with us, we just happened to be acquainted with the man, for the rest of their stay, if they seen us, they moved, every time.. it became a game for us then.
However, all in all, we had a great time visiting by the pool each day. We both have super tans! In spite of the unusual cold weather and rain.
We had an awesome time on the boat trip, even though no one got nekkid, and we just got...hammered. Got a few bruises that day lol.
Our favorite people, Arco, Gustavo, CC, Sylvia, Afrika, Jorge, Edelbert, Memo, just to name a few, as always went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Surprising the staff that are not there anymore...
We love seeing the familiar faces and having tons of fun catching up and playing naughty...
We are surprised to see so many american brands in the food... why the Yoplait? What was wrong with the awesome yogurt made in Mexico?
Why the smuckers? Full of "carmine" what was wrong with the jams from Mexico? That was a minor issue as well.. what happened to buy Mexican?

Aside from the squabbling couples, and the hissy fitting 20 year olds, and the one politically incorrect debutant, everyone had a great time.
The complaints have mostly been maintenance. The hot tub must be closed and re built from scratch. Someone is going to get dreadfully hurt.
The railings up to the second floor rooms, some were replaced yesterday, and watch out Premier members, the beach beds set aside for us, a couple are in scarey disrepair!
Will be be back? Of course! Do we miss them.. Yes, it has been 24 hours now. (there was no breakfast buffet this morning.. in fact, there was no milk!) We will smile that special smile only you Dear Reader, knows after 10 days at Desire. We will be back! Besides, way bigger fish than us will bitch about the stuff, I leave that stuff up to you bigger fish.
The true reason that I didnt get you daily trip reports was a huge problem logging in... it was the strangest thing. I had no problems with any other website while I was there, just this one. Problem is solved now.
Thank you Dear Reader, I am sorry that there isnt super great news....we did get to the playroom, and there was lots of people playing, but only one on one.
Lots of eye candy this trip...lots n lots..n lots n lots.mmmmmm...
You can email us if you want us to send you some photos..
Have a great week and a great year Dear Reader, Thank you.
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Postby Powderfinger » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 pm

" The idiot bartender at the hot tub that created such a stir that someone went ballistic and there was huge destruction to the already fragile hot tub.... "

Care to expand a bit on this?
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby JCnBadboy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:10 pm

mm ok.. New Years Eve was somewhat of a fiasco.. so JC went up to the hot tub.. see what was happening.. it was at least 1:30am... a new guy.. no nametag.. not serving anyone.. Anyway, he was terrible, not serving. Demanding tips.. only wanting to pour tequila.. well JC got served.. which started a stir, why her and not us? The barman, told the other gal...okay okay tequila.. but she was drinking rum..After the bad barman, told her she was.. "playing him" and the politically incorrect woman asked her if her "rude friend" (from the political arguement) was coming.. JC took her drink and said no mas. The hot tub bar was intact at that time..
But the next day......almost a third of the tile and grout from the bar was in the hot tub.
Now its no secret that the hot tub needs a drastic rehaul... but... someone went ballistic and there were sharp shards of grout left behind.. probably still. We dont know who that barman was, never ever seen him before or since. There was a couple of huge empty bottles of tequila in the main kitchen when JC went for her tea....(oh shut up! lol) it was not a secret that most of the staff was wasted long before midnight. The bad barman and someone up there had an issue. No one fessed up to us. The office staff is all well aware of the New Years fiasco..... It will be interesting to see how they make the changes next year.
On a cattier note, the young couples they got together, got it on real good, in the scum corner of the hot tub, you know the one... ewww......hope the girls know how to take care of that. Probably not.
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Postby Powderfinger » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Hmmmmmm, sounds like they tried to renovate the tub all on their own, with a little help from tequila........sounds like y'all had a most interesting trip, lol........"the scum corner of the hot tub"...lmao.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby JCnBadboy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:38 pm

oh.. you know exactly where that spot is! It was an enlightening trip. No more eyes wide shut...lol.. Still we had a great time. The people we meet are all worth it. Even the not so pleasant ones...! At least we have some great stories!
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Postby oldseadog » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I've suggested it before, and do so again in view of the damage to the hot tub, so this is for the management.
Turn on/up the heating in the pool until it is at hot tub temperature, shut the hot tub and refurbish it, declaring "hot tub deck rules" for the pool area during the work period. It shouldn't take long, and if the contractor who did the pool a little while ago was satisfactory, wheel him in again.
Now.
And I do mean "now". We arrive in 8 days.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby groken » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 am

Can you enlighten us newbies, who are planning a trip to desire, how to avoid the "scum corner of the hot tub"?
groken

Postby njdesirecpl » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:14 am

We too lmao at the scum corner of the hottub reference. For the uninformed it is the little corner closest to the bar and the tables by the bar. Our guess is that the "current" in the tub causes all of the scum to accumulate in that area. It is a shame since this is my favorite area of the tub to concregate. We usually relocate if the scum gets to bad.

We sustained several small cuts to the bottoms of our feet from the tub during our last visit. We were hoping the issue was addressed but it does not appear to be so.

On a positive note only 54 more days till we return to paradise.

T&S
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Postby Rdoggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 am

wow...not exactly what I imagined the place to be

hello "second thoughts"
Rdoggy

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

We think they need to redo the jacuzzi as well. The amount of money that guests have to pay ($500 - $600/nt or more) there should be not "injuries" just being in the hot tub. The same goes for not heating the pool...WTF? We have been going to Desire for 7 years now......the prices have sky rocketed with little being done. If I pay that kind of money, I expect things to be perfect. They never are. Either the hot water doesn't work, the refridgerator doesn't work, the air cond. doesn't work, There is no electricity, the hot tub heater isn't working, the air cond. in buffet isn't working, the pool heater isn't working, they run out of top shelf alcohol, The air cond. in the disco is broken, so on and so on. These are all actual things we have experienced in our 9 trips. We travel often and rarely encounter these problems in other resorts we stay at in Cancun, Cabo, Hawaii, the Bahamas, etc. The one thing that Desire does have is that erotic, free spirit environment. I guess it is that unique environment tht warrants paying these prices.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Postby miranda » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm

rdoggy, don't have second thoughts. The place is wonderful - as it provides you a very unique experience you can't have other places.

Yes, it had, has, and will continue to have it's faults.

The posts here are just informing others that this resort isn't perfect and yes, we are paying a lot of money for our vacation experience, but if you notice, there are MANY repeat guests, despite the faults and imperfections.

The resort is talking about refurbishing the jacuzzi, the disco, the spa and the rooms (they would love to do that) but timing is everything!

How do you close down major areas of a resort when it's usually at capacity and the guests would be highly "inconvenienced"?

If they wanted to redo the jacuzzi, heating the pool to "hot tub" temps is a great idea someone here came up with.

I know the heater is working in the pool - the pool was icy during the week we were there and no one was in it the whole week but on our final day, a large takeover group was coming in the lo and behold, the pool temp was warm and inviting - and all through the week, the workers were working on all the pumps and heaters and "stuff" for the pool, I'm guessing to ensure it was all up and running.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby oldseadog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Miranda and everyone,
We might be "inconvenienced" if they shut down the jacuzzi for a refurb, but even more "inconvenienced" by being cut on the feet (not to mention other places) if the damage is as reported.
When the campaign to re-instate sailing was running a couple of years ago Silvina ended up with well over 100 letters and sailing came back.
I'm not convinced that the present incumbent has the same attitude, however, but it must be worth a try.
I just hope that it doesn't take someone in the hot tub being injured more than superficially to make things happen.
I have e-mailed Martin Good but no reply yet.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya