First Timers Trip Report, Feb. 2019

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

First Timers Trip Report, Feb. 2019

Postby djcj » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 pm

I gathered a lot of good information from other peoples trip reports so I thought I should contribute.
My wife and I visited DRM the last week of February 2019. Just for the record we are both in our mid 50's and we are not in the lifestyle.
We had never been to a clothing optional resort. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

We followed the link on this forum to USA Transfers for our ride to and from the airport.
I highly recommend them. If we go back I won't consider using any other company.

If you don't want to fill it out on the plane you can get the form you need to visit Mexico here.
Only problem is the site only has one place to enter flight information so it puts the same flight number on arrival and departure.
I changed my return flight number on the pdf I downloaded, but as you might expect they don't even glance at it.

I won't go into detail about our activities. I doubt anyone really cares. I'll assume most who read these reports are trying to
determine if they want to make the decision to go. If you are on the fence about going you should go ahead and make the trip.

The resort is small but that is a plus. The rooms are nice and the grounds are well kept and look like you expect them to.
We looked at the map of the resort and at the satellite view of the resort on google and thought our deluxe garden view room
could come with an ocean view if we got room number 2411 thru 2415. We used the express check in found here to ask for one of those rooms.

As luck would have we got 2413. This building isn't next to the pool, if you want to be right next to the action so to speak than this may not be the one you want. But it's a short walk to anywhere in the resort. As I said the property isn't very big. We found it to be a great spot. Here's the view.

The staff at the resort was great. Very friendly and they do everything they can to make your stay fantastic.
The food was good, no complaints there. We didn't eat at Suki so I can't comment on that.
We did go to Sahlo one night and as everyone knows not everything is included at an all inclusive resort.
Of course they did have options that were included but we wanted steaks. They were very good and the price was reasonable.

I'm sure we were like everyone else who had never been to a clothing optional resort, a bit intimidated at first.
As others have said that fades quickly. Within a hour or two we were comfortable with it.
If you think you don't have the body for DRM don't sweat it. Nobody cares. All the other guest were friendly. Everyone is there to have a good time.

We didn't spend much time in the pool, just a few minutes one afternoon. We went to the roof top hot tub several times, it's nice, and we had some fun in the sin room.
But wanting to go the beach was what started this vacation so I spoke to Rene and got a beach bed very close to our room.
We spent the better part of our time there everyday. Having a bed 15 feet from the water was great.
Throw in laying there naked with your wife and drinking some cold beer and that's about as good as it gets.

I don't know if we'll make it back down to DRM. I would like to. But I've told myself I was going to get back to other places I've visited and never do.
I always end up going to check out something new. Either way we had a blast while we were there, we'll never forget it.
If you're thinking about going but not sure, just do what we did. Remember it's your vacation. It will be exactly what you make it.
Do only what you're comfortable with. Do that and you'll have a great time. We did.
djcj

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2020

Re: First Timers Trip Report, Feb. 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 pm

djcj wrote:I don't know if we'll make it back down to DRM. I would like to. But I've told myself I was going to get back to other places I've visited and never do.

That was the same for us just 2 1/2 years ago. 15 years prior we had never visited the same place twice, we always like a new adventure etc. Next Oct will be our 7th trip to RM. The thing is, each Desire trip is different and it's own new adventure. I think this is mainly because the people are different each time thus the experience is always new.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya