NooB Report Desire RM April 18-25 2019 AMAZING!!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

NooB Report Desire RM April 18-25 2019 AMAZING!!

Postby dinkswithkinks » Tue May 07, 2019 9:47 pm

tldr:
Super successful trip. Best vacation ever. Read the entire forum TOGETHER, then book your trip.

FULL REPORT:

-Background:
We were a late 30's/early 40's married couple with no kids, having less than a year of lifestyle experience, looking for a fantastic sexy vactation together. We looked up the well known "Hedo" trips and weren't excited about the reviews including, but not limited to, the single male creeper aspect. One of the reviews mentioned Desire so we checked into that. Stumbled on this forum, and we were sold, the trip reports and banter in here was the single most important thing to help us not only pull the trigger on this trip, but also for the ongoing trip preparations.

-Pulling the trigger:
We waited for the 'Black Friday Sale' but still found a better deal for us bundled with flights through Travelocity and went that route. We booked right at the beginning of December for our April trip. We organized the shuttle transfer with USA Transfers which was easy.

-Trip prep:
We paid close attention to this forum, digging through the archives and asking some questions we couldn't find the answers to easily. Great feedback and information here. The second most valuable piece for us newbs was the April group we found posted in the April arrivals of this forum. This chat group gave us a closer and more private tie to those that would be at the resort at the time we would be there. We were able to share and learn a little about the other couples and it made it feel like we wouldn't be showing up to a gigantic party not knowing anyone. That was huge. We shared sexy pics and stories and it really got us cranked up. I've since learned that the promotion of these groups in this forum is banned, which is very disappointing. While this forum is super informative and invaluable, It doesn't have the same features of the chat group, from what I can tell... the two are mutually exclusive in their benefits and should be able to exist and promote each other as such. The group really put us at ease, and I can honestly say there's a chance we may have backed out without it. But here we are, writing a trip report after just getting back from an amazing adventure, much of it shared with the genuine folks we met in the chat group prior to arriving (including that hot non-first timer couple that were said to have a shell prior to this trip, and us helping them out of it! So hot and fun! Let those freak flags fly!)
One thing that both the Forum and the chat group really helped us with was the theme nights. We love to dress up. Halloween is always big for us. Researching the theme nights and what to expect in the Forum, and then bouncing ideas and sharing costume pieces via photos in the chat group was great. We decided to participate in all of the theme nights, going over the top on a couple of our favorites, and just blending in with a couple of our least favorites.

-Traveling
We live a minimum of 8 hours away with very few direct flight options. In order to maximize our time at Desire, we had the grandiose idea of leaving the night before our first day and doing the 'red-eye' deal arriving to Cancun in the morning to make the most of our first day. That plan backfired a little for us as we experienced flight delays which led to missed connections and we ended up getting there in the afternoon anyway. More later on our plans to do this better on our next trip... uh oh spoiler... did I just say NEXT trip?!?!
Getting through the Cancun Airport was easy, some waiting in line, wondering if any of the folks around us are as eager to get naked as we were. Feeling sorry for the couples with an entire team of cranky kids hanging off of them... that's not a vacation is it? Once through immigration, finding our bag was a bit of a challenge. I swear the baggage belt # changed 3 times from the time we arrived to the area. Finally found our bag and headed for customs where we crossed our fingers, hit the button and got the green light!
We marched through the gauntlet of taxi & shuttle drivers & timeshare folks keeping our heads down in search of the USA Transfer folks. I suggest you stick to the middle avoiding eye contact with the vultures, and head directly outside. Keep walking toward the road, standing there were 4 polite guys with USA Transfer uniforms and signs and they whisked us away to our van immediately. Jesus, our driver, was awesome. He set the mood well, and engaged us perfectly. He offered cold beverages from a cooler he had in the van. We requested a stop at a convenience store for some provisions we didn't want to pack and he obliged. We offered to get him something to drink, but he refused as he had the cooler. We absolutely wanted to get him something so we got him a bag of Doritos. He was stoked, offering us some claiming they taste different in Mexico. He was right. When we pulled up to the 7-11 the parking lot was quite full. He dropped us off by the door and we went in. After a while he showed up in the store to ensure we were ok. We thought this was awesome, and above and beyond what we expected. The rest of the journey was as expected with good small talk and banter with Jesus.

-Arrival at Desire
The welcoming at the front door was perfect. We didn't touch our bags at all. They grabbed them and hid them away and showed us to the lobby. We sat through a short orientation of the resort with glasses of champagne and damp towels to freshen up with. After checking in, Bruno took us out to show us around a bit and to sit us down to talk a little about what we were in for. We were able to cut this a little short due to experience in the lifestyle and the mountain of research we had done. But I can see this as a great time for people to ask a ton of questions if they weren't sure what to expect. We agreed to later sit through a membership presentation in exchange for a coupon for various discounts and perks at the resort. we only asked that we do it more than a couple days into our trip so we could get some experience before feeling the pressure. I won't get into the details of said presentation, as it seems that's a taboo topic in this forum. I put a question out about the presentation and my post was immediately deleted... If you want more info we can do a covert dark alley meeting and I'll share some goods, but let's keep it on the down-low. there's muggles lurking about. ha! I jest.
Soon it was time to go to our room.

-Room
Our room was quaint yet perfect. Sure we could have used some more room to spread our mountain of sexy clothes and costumes out in, we could have also paid more. We knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the room so it worked for us. We were surprised they put a couple of newbies in the room they put us in. Sure, it was on the second floor overlooking the pool, and semi private from that angle, but the window in the shower was adjacent to the stairs heading to the jacuzzi. We thought it was funny and novel, but I can see a deer in the headlights feeling coming from first time couple thinking this was crazy, and never opening the window. I showered with the window open and said hi to the people walking up and down the stairs. Since the screen was broken the first couple days, I also enjoyed reaching out and surprising some folks with a high-five request and head full of shampoo. Ah good times. A testament to the maintenance folks, the screen was fixed within a couple of days and not by our request. (I liked the fact I could reach out!)

-Staff
The fine folks working at the resort are simply amazing. From remembering your name, your drinks, your allergies, to the small talk they make... they sure add to the experience. I've been to all-inclusive resorts in the past, and have had some great service, but here it is top-notch and exceptional in my opinion. I've heard they get rewarded for getting mentioned by name in reviews... not sure if this forum counts, I'll also be writing a condensed TripAdvisor review as well and will definitely mention them there too...
Bruno - super nice guy greeting you at the front and can be found milling about the lobby area eager to help with anything you need. Helped us with change a couple of times and got a small ant issue taken care of quickly in our room.
Bartenders were all amazing, especially Alexis at the pool, Carlos everywhere (swear that guy is cloned several times), and CeeCee at the beach. Also gotta love that Africa... she runs her ass off to bring drinks to you on the beach, with a great sense of humor. Wanna test it? Ask her for a blowjob (shot of course)
The waitstaff in the resaurants were all amazing as well. Fernando, Paulino, Elaina, Jonathan, just to name a few. Super attentive and never expecting a tip however they all deserve them.
Even the pesky sales staff were great, just doing their job to help us understand the offers and do their best to give us a deal that could make sense for us. Roberto and Sylvia, good job, as you know, since we are now members!

-Guests
What can we say?!?! The guests (friends) at Desire are what truly make the place. Everyone was so nice and great to be around. Sure there were a couple of personality types that we didn't mesh with, but nothing that hindered our stay in the least bit. My wife is very quick with a compliment to a stranger and good at starting conversations. Not once did we encounter a couple who was stand-offish when we tried to strike up a conversation. This may have been one of the best surprises for us at the resort. We knew the people would be cool, but THAT cool... get on outta here!
Not once did we experience any judgy people. Every single one of us has at least one hangup about themselves and some more unnessisarily than others, but with all your clothes off (or the majority of them anyway) it really doesn't matter. I'm quite a small statured dude, and no one ever made me feel short & scrawny. There are people of all shapes, sizes, & ages. Every single one of them is sexy as hell in their own right, even just for being there. I saw a jovial guy on glow night with a bright red wig, a skirt looking thing, and neon fishnet sleeves (just sleeves, because the shirt wouldn't fit) he was rocking that outfit and having a great time. Me? I rocked a bannana hammock that said "Trophy Boy" around the waistband, neon light up suspenders and bowtie, a clown wig and neon trucker hat that said "Let's Get f**king Weird" with my legs and arms wrapped up in glow rope. Was I nervous to go out to the show & disco like that? Hell yes I was, but after a couple of high fives, 'you look great's and some ass smacks by the ladies, I was rockin. No worries mate. Again, this place is what you make of it. You might be comfortable being a wall-flower and soaking it all in from afar, and that is A-OK, but I sugget you toss yourself out there and have a blast. The other guests will sure appreciate it, and you can go back to your wall-flower life at home in the vanilla world with a confident smile on your face. I sure have!

-Food
We weren't planning on a culinary experience, so we were happy to find the food quality as good as it was. Sure there are some things you could complain about, but for us, it was more than adequate. My biggest complaint was the Sushi. We LOVE sushi and were really looking forward to eating a ton of it, but the rolls were mediocre at best. We did the Hibachi grill show one night, with two other couples we invited which was good fun. We made reservations for 4 at the fine-dining restaurant one night which was special and fun, dined with one of our favorite couples. It was a very elegant evening and the food was great. But it did take a big chunk out of the evening. Probably wouldn't do that more than once in a trip and definitely will go as a double date again as that really added to the sparkle of the experience.
Our favorite dinner option turned out to be the buffet for several reasons. The food genre each evening was tied to the nightly theme, so we had a good variety not only each night, but also throughout the week. With lots of options, we easily found things to match not only our taste, but our diet restrictions as well. The staff is great about asking and accommodating diet restrictions. We had no problem there, and when in doubt we would ask one of the waitstaff and they would gladly grab a chef to help us. We mostly enjoyed the social aspect of the buffet dinner experience. Many times we would find ourselves in great conversation with the table next to us. I also absolutely loved watching my wife parade up to the buffet line in a dress inappropriate for any other restaurant getting all the looks and nods from the others in there. It's another dimension dining with all that sex appeal! Kudos to ALL the ladies dressing up for dinner and their guys for doing their part as well. So worth it.
Breakfast and lunch were both great with buffet style options and a lot of them. Leaving the pool or beach to put on clothes to get into breakfast or lunch, is just painful. For that reason, I cannot speak too much on the experience for these meals. I found myself trying to get through it as quickly as possible so I could get back outside and shed myself of the restricting clothing!
The late night snacks at the lobby bar were absolutey amazing. We had heard all the fuss about how amazing this was... but until we found ourselves there the first night at 2:30 in the morning gorging ourselves on tacos and sharing sexy stories about the evening with other couples... wow! We can also have pizza and BLT's??? Oh my! I'll be back in a few hours for cappacinos when I get up to reserve my pool bed.

-Beach
The beach area is nice and quiet. We spent little time here. Sex on the beach bed during the rainstorm with the waves crashing was one for the memory banks, that's for sure. It sure is interesting wondering what the fully dressed folks from the other resorts must be thinking as we stroll past each other, us wearing nothing but hat & sunglasses and a wristband, waving and smiling with much more enthusiasm than they could ever muster. Deep down I really wanted them to stop and start asking questions so I could stand there in all my glory and beam about how great our vacation was, but that never happened. They mostly kept their eyes either in the sand or out on the water. What a trip that must've been for them! There weren't a lot of outsiders venturing up the beach to our little naked oasis, but definitely a couple or small group here and there.
CeeCee's Beach Bar is a must stop. You'll love the cabana feel right on the water. A great place to sit and enjoy some blended libations with like-minded friends.

-Pool
The pool is where we spent most of our days, chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool. Alexis at the swim-up bar is great. Quick to remember our names and drinks, he's the best, but they are all awesome. I made sure to set my alarm to get myself up after only about 4 hours of sleep to get down to the pool to talk to Rene about a pool bed for the day. Plus, it got me up and motivated early to satisfy my F.O.M.O. The cappacinos at the lobby bar were a great help too. Rene is great about helping you find an available bed to suit your needs as long as you get there early enough and he has a lot of open beds. I suppose you could slip him some $$ to reserve a bed for your entire stay, but we liked the idea of moving around the pool for variety each day. Some beds are more shady than others, and some are more in the action than others. The social scene in the pool is great. It's surprisingly real easy to mingle and talk with folks while sipping a cocktail naked in the low gravity environment of the pool. The water was just about perfect, a slight shreik as you get in, but you get used to it quickly, refreshing still. We were very glad we brought our own insullated mugs with lids & straws. They worked out great, keeping our drinks cold until well after we downed them. The leftover ice is super fun to play with on your spouse while you lay out in the warm Cancun sun. We also brought a water bottle so we always had water to drink along with the alcohol... imperitive to staying hydrated for the long haul.
We were very happy we did some pre-tanning before coming down, as well as bringing plenty of sunscreen. We never burned once, but others did, and it seemed to really put a damper on the days for them.
If you are kind of shy and are looking for a little nudge to help you break the ice a little, a good way to do this is with the Play Makers. They are a sexy bunch of social butterflies that lead games and activities throughout the day at the pool. Participating in these games is a great way to get others to approach you later saying things like "you were the couple that played the pingpong ball game earlier in the day! That was awesome, good job!" (Congrats to JL&K, I'm sure your record will stand for a LONG TIME! OH CAAANAAADAAA....!!!)

-Jacuzzi
What can we say... the jacuzzi is something else. There are two main times when the jacuzzi 'heats up' each day. One of these times, is at about 4:30 for 'happy hour' where folks start getting revved up for dinner, the show, and the disco. And again later at night after the show and disco. There is something for everyone at the jacuzzi as long as you don't mind a little PDA/PDS, especially so if this is what you are looking for. We saw everything from couples just sitting drinking and taking it all in, to soft swap blowjobs on the side of the jacuzzi, to hot passionate sex on the jacuzzi beds, sometimes with extra bodies thrown into the mix, to a girl-on-girl-on-girl strap-on session with people guessing from the jacuzzi how many people were involved and what the configuration was. (We can attest it was 3 sexy vixens to start until us husbands were motioned to join in. Many thanks to M&C and D&V for the hottest sexiest scene we've ever been involved in!) So, we can vouch for the jacuzzi beds being able to accommodate six, for the record. After your late night jacuzzi area romp, we definitley suggest heading to the lobby bar for a nightcap and refuel and debriefing as mentioned above!

-Evening Shows
The evenening theme shows are pretty epic. A cross between cirque du soliel and burlesque, much of the time. Well coreographed dance routines with a ton of sex appeal mixed in with some audience participation. Definitely worth checking out in your theme costumes each evening after dinner before heading up to the disco. Most of the nights the shows were accompanied by a live band playing a variety of music, allowing you to dance outdoors to get warmed up before it heats up in the disco.

-Disco
The disco was super fun. It's a great spot to start putting the moves on, that's for sure (in more ways that one). Watching the girls feel less inhibited and enjoying themselves together on the dancefloor is amazing, then getting invited to join?!?! YES PLEASE!
For the most part the music was great, they seemed to play enough of a mix each night to keep most people happy. They went through each of the major genres each night, it seemed, so once they got to a genre that didn't fit our dance style, we just made our way to the bar and sin room!

-Sin Room
Ah the little playroom stashed in the back of the disco... Saw some bummer reviews about this space before we arrived, but we found it to be just fine. Perhaps the most recent changes made the difference. We experienced it both by ourselves and with others. We definitely reccommend the curvy chair in the back. You can get real creative on that thing.

-Touched By LnR / Tuesday & Thursday Workshops
DO THIS! Richard and Lauren are an amazing couple doing a great (free with big tips deserved) workshop involving intimate touch with your spouse. One day is called 'Worshipping the Yoni' where the topic is sensual relaxation and massage of the woman. They guide you through a very erotic experience helping you to connect with your spouse in ways you might never have before. The other class is called 'Worshipping the Lingam' where the roles are reversed and the guy is the focus of her attention. We found the classes very sexy and fun. They'll even get a little hands on with their instruction if you want. Super amazing. Go early as this class fills up!

-Newbie Recommendations:
Here is a list of things we brought or did in preparation that may not be obvious (or maybe so) that we're glad we did and will most likely do again next time, and some things we'll do next time that we learned this time:
-Get a hotel room near the airport the first night we arrive, this way we can arrive refreshed early the first morning of our Desire stay, without worry of getting shafted with flight delays.
-USA Transfers
-Stop at 7-11 for ElectroLit. Besides the early morning millenial jokes of getting Electro-Lit first thing in the morning, this was key to staying un-hungover. Next trip we'll probably also bring powdered electorlytes as well.
-Wide brimmed hats - helping keep the sun off the face and ears was really key
-Generous re-applications of sunscreen, bring lots!
-Pre-tanning
-Dollar Store sunglasses. I brought like 6 pair. Nice to have options and not care what happened to them.
-Insullated cups with lids & straws
-Additional water bottle to keep filled with ice water
-Necklaces with our names on them... sure wish everyone had them. So hard remembering all your names!
-Pleasure Cards. We handed out lots of DINKS with KINKS cards with our contact info, we've got several emails, thanks for that! Love to keep in touch!
-Single $$ for tipping. The staff works really hard to please, and rewarding them with a $ or 2 goes a long way. They are sure appreciative. It was easy enough to get change in the lobby, but on a couple of occasions they were out. Next trip we'll bring some as well.
-Go to the Richard and Lauren Workshops on Tuesday and Thursday.
-Participate in the themes. Promise, it's much more fun if you do. Find something that you think you'll be comfortable in, then take it one or two steps further. This is definitely the place to get your little protective shell cracked a little. Come on out of it a bit, your spouse or perhaps even someone else's spouse will love it...YOLO!
-Get a hotel room for our last night in Cancun before we fly out. This way we can stay late and not have to worry about catching a flight immediately.

NEWBIE GENTLEMEN!!!:
Read Carefully:
DO NOT blindside your spouse by not telling her what kind of place you are taking her. Sure, you might be thinking that she will not ever be keen on taking a trip to such a place unless you trick her, but she'll be fine once you're there.
NO! NoNoNo NOOO!
Don't risk this!
Instead, talk about it, get her reading this forum, listen to podcasts together that talk about 'the lifestyle'.... talk, TalK TALK! Hit up some veterans on this site about having a private coversation. You can find couples in your area who have been and might be willing to share their experiences with you to put minds at ease. But please! Do everyone including yourselves a favor by not risking the drama with a surprise visit here. We heard a crazy story while on this trip of a fella who thought it might be ok to surprise his spouse with a trip to Desire.... Well, she was surprised alright, and not happy about it, but after the first night she decided that if sex with other people is what he wanted, then she might as well go for it and proceeded to hook up with as many people as she could while he sat in the corner "sucking his thumb" Backfire bigtime. Don't let this be you, or more likely, don't get your very expensive vacation cut very short because you weren't prepared for the amazing scene here, and had to leave.
We met several couples who were very new to all of this, some who had never witnessed another couple have sex before this trip. Many who would not consider themselves to be in 'the lifestyle' but were having a good time. How? Because they both knew what they were getting into before they arrived, and had discussed their own rules and boundaries as everyone should.
Not once were we propositioned by another couple without some mutual flirting occurring first. Everyone was so polite and amazing. Already scheming our next trip for April 2020! See you hotties there!

MUCH CRAZY LOVE!!!
- THE DINKS WITH KINKS

PS... feel free to ask us any questions at all... we'll be sure to answer!
SLS & Kasidie: DinksWithKinks
dinkswithkinks
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Re: NooB Report Desire RM April 18-25 2019 AMAZING!!

Postby NewToItAll » Tue May 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Great review
RM - June 8 - 12, 2019
RM - Oct 9 - 14, 2019
Pearl - Oct 5 - 10, 2020

SLS - BANDL258
SDC - BANDL258
NewToItAll
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Jun 2019

Postby av80r » Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 am

Nice report. Glad to hear you turned it up and had a great time.
Looking forward to booking our second trip to pearl this fall. Certainly a unique vacation that you cant have at the normal all inclusive resorts.
av80r
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2019

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:49 am

Great trip report. We enjoyed meeting you two. So glad to hear you enjoyed your first trip.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Joseph07 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Great report. I was there as well April 17-22. Making plans for next year April 15-20. As it will be my wedding anniversary. Thanks :US
Joseph07

We arrive on: 17 Aug 2016

Postby dinkswithkinks » Wed May 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Joseph07 wrote:Great report. I was there as well April 17-22. Making plans for next year April 15-20. As it will be my wedding anniversary. Thanks :US

Thank you!!! Hopefully we had a chance to meet! We are looking at booking around the same timeframe next year as well.
SLS & Kasidie: DinksWithKinks
dinkswithkinks
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby KyCouple » Thu May 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Fantastic trip report! It sounds like you had the first of many great Desire vacations. Thanks again for helping us out of our shells ;)

M&C
KyCouple
Desire Convert

Postby desireott » Sun May 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Great trip report!
desireott

We are from: Canada

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya