Can you bring your own (liquor, wine, beer) into Desire ?

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:51 pm

tannaked wrote:Thanks Mike,

We're on Westjet so I guess its back to beg, borrow, barter or butler to get our 43.

Ritch

Ritch - if you are using USA Transfers ask to make a small side trip for you to shop at the Arrivals Duty Free in T3, probably will not cost you more than a slightly bigger tip to your driver. You could also arrange with them to stop at the WalMart or La Europa in Cancun City
for a small extra amount - just a thought.......
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby e_martn » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 am

We are considering bringing a few bottles of our favourite wine with us from Canada. Has anyone actually brought their own alcohol into the country? Any issues coming through customs upon arrival?
e_martn
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:24 am

e_martn wrote:We are considering bringing a few bottles of our favourite wine with us from Canada. Has anyone actually brought their own alcohol into the country? Any issues coming through customs upon arrival?

After 20+ trips we have never had any problems with customs, as long as you stay within the limits of what they allow you shouldn't either.

Tourists are allowed to bring into Mexico, on each visit, a maximum of up to 3 liters per person of alcoholic beverages (any combination of Liquor, wine or beer).

Here is a link to the actual customs form that you will have to fill out and sign upon entering the country.
http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2007/Descargas/DECLARACION_ADUANAS_%28INGLES%29_final_191005_check_211005.pdf
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby hedotom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 pm

CokeMann wrote:
tannaked wrote:Thanks Mike,

We're on Westjet so I guess its back to beg, borrow, barter or butler to get our 43.

Ritch

Ritch - if you are using USA Transfers ask to make a small side trip for you to shop at the Arrivals Duty Free in T3, probably will not cost you more than a slightly bigger tip to your driver. You could also arrange with them to stop at the WalMart or La Europa in Cancun City
for a small extra amount - just a thought.......

Best to head for Walmart or some place else. The duty free arrival store is in the secure area... Right across from baggage carousel 5. RItch wouldn't be able to get past customs in T3 to get to it coming from T2.
hedotom

Postby fischfam » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 am

We are heading down this Thursday and would like tips on getting some local Tequila. We usually drink 1800 at home which is so-so and would like some better local tequila while in Mexico. Can we get something decent at the local store on the way and if so which ones do folks suggest. BTW, I would also like to bring some good local tequila home as well.
Thanks,
fischfam

Re: Can you bring your own (liquor, wine, beer) into Desire

Postby JandJ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Can anyone tell us if they have Captain Morgan for Captain Cokes? And also if they have a Riesling wine and what brand it is?

J and J
JandJ

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Powderfinger » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 am

JandJ wrote:Can anyone tell us if they have Captain Morgan for Captain Cokes? And also if they have a Riesling wine and what brand it is?

J and J

Yes, they have Capt. Morgan.....as for wine, there is no Riesling in the house wines selections, but they have a separate "for purchase" wine list that we have never really looked at that *may* have one, someone here may know and let you know......
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby JandJ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks Powderfinger! Glad to hear they have Captain, maybe they have a Pinot Grigio that will work for her. :)

Looking forward to our first trip in 2013. Too far away though!

JandJ
JandJ

Postby COCONKITTY » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:20 am

I am not a big drinker but DOES THE RESORT CARRY JACK DANIELS HONEY..and do they have a nice selection of beers-wines and liquors there...as i am not so picky a nice Riesling-slight/sweet/dry type wine will be fine for me?
Yes i have heard that the top of mexican beers is Negro Modelo....?

Feed back appreciated....
Kitty & CoCo
COCONKITTY
Desire Addict

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2020

Postby CokeMann » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 am

All available liquor and beer selections are listed in the Desire RM FAQ section
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby wallyman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Wife and I brought our own.
wallyman
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Mar 2016

Postby Gunnert » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:18 am

I like 3 shots good Tequila on ice after breakfast when at Desire. I pickup a couple of bottles at the duty free before I depart home airport
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Re:

Postby TandD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:42 pm

fischfam wrote:We are heading down this Thursday and would like tips on getting some local Tequila. We usually drink 1800 at home which is so-so and would like some better local tequila while in Mexico. Can we get something decent at the local store on the way and if so which ones do folks suggest. BTW, I would also like to bring some good local tequila home as well.
Thanks,

I'm not an expert but we really like Don Julio Reposado Tequila. Last year, we sat at the pool bar for a long time talking to Roger and Alejandro (sp?) and tasting the different kinds they had. The Don Julio is top shelf in my book and they have it right there and will pour you as much as you want. They ended up putting my wife's name on a bottle (which worked out very well for me wink, wink). So, you may want to skip bringing it in and see if you like what they have.

What they don't have is Fireball and I'm planning on bringing some of that on my next trip. I can't think of a better way to make new friends than yelling "Fireball shots for everyone!!!" - is that just me?
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Gunnert » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:08 pm

My favorite Tequila is Herradura Anejo. Smooth as a silk... You can find it locally in Cancun, but it's easier to just take your own. Try a Sangrita for a change of pace, it's my favorite tequila tracer for good tequila. You sip the tequila, sip the Sangrita, swallow. Warning, its usually pretty spicy...
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Postby ctrycher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Me, I'm hitting up walmart in cancun to grab a few bottles of fireball. Gonna be a spicy week. Plus need to have plenty to share at the hot tub.
Ctrycher on Kik
Chris Rosenberry on FB
ctrycher
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 18 Oct 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya