room amenities

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

room amenities

Postby moodybeach » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm

do the rooms have blow dryers?
moodybeach
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Postby miranda » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Ours did.
miranda
Desire Legend
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:00 am
We are from: Canada

Postby nicenycpl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 pm

yes they all do
nicenycpl
Desire Addict
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:00 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya

Postby CokeMann » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 am

In addition to each room having a blow dryer rooms also have:
- mini fridge stocked with bottled water, Coke, Sprite and Canned Beer
- Iron and Ironing board
- two terry robes
- combo AM/FM/Clock Radio/CD Player
- one large umbrella
User avatar
CokeMann
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are from: Canada
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 May 2020

Postby onering » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 am

CokeMann wrote:In addition to each room having a blow dryer rooms also have:
- mini fridge stocked with bottled water, Coke, Sprite and Canned Beer
- Iron and Ironing board
- two terry robes
- combo AM/FM/Clock Radio/CD Player
- one large umbrella


We were there just the other day and the two rooms we in and the room of our friends did not have CD players. However, I was able to attach my Itouch to the radio for endless music.
onering
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan, US

Postby CokeMann » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:08 am

The CD player is a built in part of the combo clock Am/FM radio unit - unless they have changed these recently
User avatar
CokeMann
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are from: Canada
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 May 2020

Postby onering » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:15 am

CokeMann wrote:The CD player is a built in part of the combo clock Am/FM radio unit - unless they have changed these recently


well I just returned home yesterday from Desire. The four rooms that I was in the radio combo did not have a cd player. My Itouch has tons of music so I had plenty of music to listen to
onering
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan, US

Postby sangovese » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Where the heck do they hide the umbrella in the room? We have been 4 times and never found an umbrella in any of the rooms. Our clock radio last time did have a CD player though.
I also noticed they have pulled the bidets out of many of the rooms recently. Whats with that?
KIK: sangovese
User avatar
sangovese
Desire Fan
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Apr 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Lifestyle Lounge

Postby CokeMann » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

sangovese wrote:Where the heck do they hide the umbrella in the room? We have been 4 times and never found an umbrella in any of the rooms.

It's usually tucked away in one of the closets - if you can't find it just ask your maid or the front desk.
User avatar
CokeMann
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
We are from: Canada
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 May 2020

Postby tout.prest » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:13 pm

sangovese wrote:Where the heck do they hide the umbrella in the room? We have been 4 times and never found an umbrella in any of the rooms.
I also noticed they have pulled the bidets out of many of the rooms recently. Whats with that?


Bidets ??? Have never seen one at Desire in 6 trips.

And my wife says to tell you that the umbrellas are kept in the closet , right beside the ironing board :wink: .. (which I commonly call "Steve's clothing support system" , since my wife takes up every other bit of storage space in the room :lol: )

Steve
User avatar
tout.prest
Desire Superstar
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Ontario
We are from: Canada
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby sangovese » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Steves clothing support system. Luxury. I usually get the bottom corner of the closet.

Yes, the first 3 trips all our rooms had bidets in them. The last two trips, the bathrooms look like they used to have bidets in them, but they are gone, you can see a spot where the bidet should be, but no bidet. Last time you could see where they tiled over the bidet hook ups.
Interesting you have never had a room with a bidet, guess we got extra lucky in the past.
Robert.
KIK: sangovese
User avatar
sangovese
Desire Fan
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Apr 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Lifestyle Lounge

Postby texascpl2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 am

tout.prest wrote:And my wife says to tell you that the umbrellas are kept in the closet , right beside the ironing board :wink: .. (which I commonly call "Steve's clothing support system" , since my wife takes up every other bit of storage space in the room :lol: )

Steve



We don't remember Steve wearing clothes so I am guessing the "clothing support system" was not used very much.

:) Bonnie and Gordon
texascpl2
Desire Convert
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Near Houston Texas

Postby chonobob » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 am

sangovese wrote:Steves clothing support system. Luxury. I usually get the bottom corner of the closet.

Yes, the first 3 trips all our rooms had bidets in them. The last two trips, the bathrooms look like they used to have bidets in them, but they are gone, you can see a spot where the bidet should be, but no bidet. Last time you could see where they tiled over the bidet hook ups.
Interesting you have never had a room with a bidet, guess we got extra lucky in the past.
Robert.
We had rooms with bidets and a bathtub, but only for our first two trips. Wish they still had the bidets.
chonobob
Desire Fan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Arlington, TX

Postby tout.prest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:46 am

texascpl2 wrote:
tout.prest wrote:And my wife says to tell you that the umbrellas are kept in the closet , right beside the ironing board :wink: .. (which I commonly call "Steve's clothing support system" , since my wife takes up every other bit of storage space in the room :lol: )

Steve



We don't remember Steve wearing clothes so I am guessing the "clothing support system" was not used very much.

:) Bonnie and Gordon


:lol: :lol: .....Hi guys !! Just shows you how adaptable I can be eh ? lol

As you know , I was just happy I had anywhere to put my stuff since we weren't as blessed as some people that had 'wall to wall' cabinetry and a shower for 6 :wink: ..........

Hope your havin a great summer !

Steve
User avatar
tout.prest
Desire Superstar
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Ontario
We are from: Canada
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Bacchus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 am

Looking for an update. Are there still iPod / iTouch players in the rooms. Last input was about a year ago. Thanks in advance.
Bacchus
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:00 am

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest