Newbie Anxiety

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Newbie Anxiety

Postby nurseandguy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:51 am

We are parents of two, mid / late 30s professionals who work hard and like to play hard. We have been at C/O area in Jamaica and have had group sex with very close friends. We enjoy frequenting the strip clubs when we have date night or with friends. However, we are not lifestylers, but have a wonderful sexual relationship & marriage! Both are like wine, just get better with age!! After our recent couples escapade, my wife loved her little naughty dark side and exhibitionism; which obviously I did too...so she was like lets work to get into shape and plan for Desire for our 10yr anniversary next year. I was like, REALLY? Then an opportunity opened up for us to go on a couples vacation this year and I suggested lets move the Desire Resort up to this summer. Now, she is more apprehensive, has anxiety about what to expect, that it is all a "sex fest" and self conscious about herself. Well, she is brunette 6'0", 140lbs with 36Ds and I love her beautiful self to death! I'm 6'4" 220lbs and while athletic certainly don't have the time to spend hours on hours at the gym daily.

I know we will have an unbelieveable time together, knowing our past experiences and our security with each other. I'm sure we will meet alot of great people too. I have some anxiety as well, but that is due to the uncertainty of experiencing something "new" that we haven't before. We've discussed the entertainment nights, looked at costumes, outfits and she is all about the body paint.

I suggested we post on this forum to gain some further perspectives and feedback. Our vacation schedule is June 30-July 7th; but have not booked yet.

Thanks!
nurseandguy
Desire Convert

Postby bigdaddy&kitten » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:16 am

That's awesome! We are also in our early 30's and have booked our first trip to desire for June 7th-14th for our 10 year anniversary. We have had lots of experience with being nude in public and the one thing we learned early on was that all your concerns about body image will quickly disappear once your surrounded by other naked people who have the same insecurities that you do.
Our first nudist experience was my (his) idea and I thought that my wife was going along with me just to please me, I thought I had absolutely no apprehensions about getting naked in a public setting, I was a bit nervouse about my wife's reaction once we got there. Well to my surprise I found myself to be a bit nervous once there and my wife was stripped naked in about 30 seconds. The funny part about it was I felt very self conscious with my clothes on and everyone else was nude.......kind of funny when you think about it.
Once you see a sea of nude bodies and you realize that they are all different shapes and sizes, and every is feeling comfterable and confidant in their surroundings, all the insecurities melt away. Unfortunately most people seem to spend too much time dwelling on body image and what others are going to think of penis size, Brest size, belly or butt size that they don't focus on the positive experience and enjoy the journey to what will be a life changing experience. Sexy is all in your head and how you carry yourself.

Any who, just my 2 cents worth. Enjoy the planning and fantasizing.

:lol:
bigdaddy&kitten
Desire Convert

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:00 pm

GO! You will love it. don't worry about what others think, just be into each other. There are all shapes and sizes as well as personalities at Desire. That is what makes it so awesome! They are some of the most fun, down to earth people you will meet...leave your hang ups at home with the kids and let your wild sides come out. It is not an all out "sexfest". You will see sexual activity if you go to the hot tub in the afternoon or the disco playroom @ night. Those are the only 2 areas where it is very common. I would say there are many people like yourselves who like adult fun, but don't consider themselves in the lifestyle. That is what we consider ourselves. we have had many experiences, but don't go to Desire with any "agenda". If you do, you set yourself up for disappointment. Just go, looking to have a fun, erotic time with each other and let the chips fall where they may. Make sure you communicate with each other so that you are both on the same page. Desire will be one of the best vacations you will ever have....We keep going back year after year!!!
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby chonobob » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Go with no expectations other than to enjoy each other. Couples who seem happy attract other nice people. If you aren't interested in play with others, a simple "no thanks" is all it takes. You will LOVE Desire! The people who go there are friendly and very respectful. You're young and it sounds like you're in good shape, enjoy yourselves! Life is short!
chonobob
Desire Fan

Postby werfun » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:12 pm

We echo the commets already made. All of us worry what others will think about us, so get a ladder and get over it. After a few minutes of being nude you will forget about it and start enjoying yourself. You will also find out that most people do not care what you look like. Just be yourselfs and enjoy the trip, don't plan on anything happening and just go with the flow.
Some of the nicest people that we met at Desire were the people that did not fit into perfect body mode while some of the of snobish, standoffish were those that were looking like models.
We are upper middle age couple that well past our teenage bodies. So we got a ladder and got over it. We just try to be nice and frienly with everyone and go with the flow and enjoy ourselfs in the sexual feeling of Desires. On our last trip to Desire we were at the airport waiting for our flight home when the wife asked me when our next trip was, she just can'nt wait to gt back and lay around the pool nude.
werfun
Desire Legend

We are from: USA

Postby dahender » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:48 pm

5 months ago, we took our first trip to Desire...booked trip two within 3 months after returning home... I will echo what most threads turn out to be on this board, and it couldn't be more true.... it's all about HER. Yes, we men like to ogle the goodies at the pool and hottub, and beach, and disco, and playroom, etc. But if SHE is your target and goal, you will have a blast. Yes, you will see open displays, but just "ignore" it, and use it as fuel for your desire for your spouse. She will get swept away, and soon realize that she can love her man (you, dumbass) anywhere, anytime without judgement...if she is comfortable, she will do it. Treat her like a queen, and you will be rewarded....nuff said...
dahender

Postby werfun » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:57 pm

We agree with what dahender said, just plan on going and having a great time with your other. If you treat them like a king, or queen you will be more then rewarded in the long run by them. We all know what happens if you do somethime special for the other person, Yeah your world gets rocked later on. We would be lying if we said that we don't enjoy looking at other nude people, but the one you are with counts the most; just be sure to let them know it in many little ways.
So plan and book your trip to Desire without any expections except to have a wounderful, sexy time with the one you are with and you will not be disapponited. If something else happens it will be a nice surprise for both of you. We have been to Desire 5 times and enjoyed each time 4 times by ourselves and one time enjoying others, we would never change anything about our past trips and look forward to many more with the main expection of being and enjoying each other. :D
werfun
Desire Legend

We are from: USA

Newbie Update

Postby nurseandguy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 am

We wanted to thank everyone that has emailed or PM us, as all of your experiences and honesty has really helped our anxiety and has enhanced our excitement in waiting for our trip! While we are not in the Lifestyle we are very intrigued and are very open-minded to sharing new experiences together and with other couples we connect with!!!

Renee & Josh
nurseandguy
Desire Convert

same feeling

Postby redsox » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:59 pm

We share your feeling. It will be our first trip to Desire. We have stayed at TTR but as you know things there are far more tame. My beautiful and sexy wife can be very shy at times even though I consider her to be a sexual dynamo (yeahhh for me) I being a guy will be UP for most things were as she says "lets wait and see" and then with a devilish smile (depends how many drinks I have) Her big turn ons are actually seeing me with another woman but I don't think that has the odds in our favor. I hoping that spending time with open and laid back people along with some healthy flirting will relax her enough so she enjoy herself. We will be there July 7 -10th so ladies if you see us in the jacuzzi feel free to make her feel welcum :).
redsox

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya