Wrist or ankle bands

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Wrist or ankle bands

Postby werfun » Sun May 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Its bad enough that they have two colors of bands now, gold for members and white for regular guest. Why can't all guest get the same color bands just enjoy visiting
with others. In our trips the gold band seems to give some guest the idea that they can do whatever the want to do without any regards to the other guest. Like they are better then everyone else, But they are a small majority most the guest are outstanding and very welcoming to others.
werfun
Desire Legend

We are from: USA

Re: Wrist or ankle bands

Postby kirkster5 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:42 pm

werfun:
I don't want to start any dust-up here but as members we paid A LOT of money to get some extra perks while at Desire. Think of it as buying a first class ticket on an airline. The flight crew knows you bought a higher priced ticket because of where you are sitting on the plane and therefore know who to give the complimentary champagne. There is no way that at Desire. The staff would not know who members are without some kind of distinct marking. In this case the gold band. I do agree though that with anything some members think that there membership entitles them to act like entitled jerks. Most do not!!

All guest at Desire are treated great by the staff. I do not think that those who have paid (in some cases) 10's of thosands of dollars for the membership should not get a few additional perks. And should certainly not be looked at sideways for getting them. After all, that membership money gets put right back into the resorts profits that keep the place such a gem for all guests.

But as for any other bracelet or stamp or anyother markings as to whether you in the lifestyle/curiious/nudist etc......they tried it, very few liked it, bad idea!
kirkster5
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Nov 2016

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya