Tips for Newbies - Desire Riviera Maya

Check this section for info on Desire Riviera Maya before you post general questions in the other forums. Someone may have already provided a great answer for you here.

Re: Tips for Newbies - Desire Riviera Maya

Postby bankerman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:29 pm

CokeMann wrote:
Desireus2 wrote:Bring US $2 bills for tips. They are considered to be "lucky" by the locals.

I really don't know where this "urban legend" started but it is completely bogus.

Money is money and staff appreciate tips however you want to give them, whether in USD or Pesos.

Just remember the staff can't pay their bills in USD, they have to get those $$ converted to Pesos before they can actually spend them...

I agree with Cokeman - if you contact your bank, you can probably order some pesos ahead of time and tip in their own currency. I usually request smaller bills, but you can always go to the front desk and they will gladly make change for you if you have large peso notes. The peso is very inexpensive relative to the USD these days, so you can get more for less! Just my two cents...er, or is that centavos?
bankerman
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby FlirtAndPlay » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Mr_big60564 wrote:5 - All those fears .. that swingers are going to jump out and start humping on you.. are honestly, truly, unfounded at Desire.

:lol: I just about pee'd myself reading this! LOL Great tips! :L
FlirtAndPlay on Kasidie, SDC, LifestyleLounge, DoubleDateNation and CouplesNextDoor
Flirt_And_Play on SwingLifeStyle
FlirtAndPlay
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC LL CND Kas

Postby jkroha » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Mr_big60564 wrote:
5 - All those fears about being embarrassed to be naked, or that swingers are going to jump out and start humping on you.... are honestly, truly, unfounded at Desire.

Wait, but is there like a signup list to MAKE this happen? Asking for, um, a friend :) Love all the advice and information!
Naughy Nawlins 2018 (Was...awesome)
Desire RM Dec 14-22, 2018
Jhnkha on SDC/SLS/Kasidie
kik:funnynerd8
jkroha
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby JSD12 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:38 am

Question:
So we are going for our first time. Do people typically meet other couples and then go back to their rooms, or do people play in public a lot?? Or is the sin room the play spot? How large is that room??

Thanks
JSD12

We arrive on: 19 Nov 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-wildlife253

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:07 pm

JSD12 wrote:Question:
So we are going for our first time. Do people typically meet other couples and then go back to their rooms, or do people play in public a lot?? Or is the sin room the play spot? How large is that room??

Thanks

Coming from the prism of only one visit - I personally never saw or heard much about others going back to the room but it seems like that would be pretty common. We had one offer for that at the jacuzzi but the vibe was good at the moment so we just moved to the beds instead.

Each day/night at the jacuzzi there was always some action on the beds. There was also some on the beach beds as well at night, albeit much more discretely.

The sin room was hit or miss. Sometimes there were a decent number of people there other times it was empty - mirrored the disco itself. Overall I'd say the jacuzzi area was the most active.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby JSD12 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks for your response! We are excited and can't wait. We will be there only a few nights unfortunately. We couldn't get two rooms booked for the dates we wanted to go. We have other couples traveling with us. Hope to meet some cool people.
JSD12

We arrive on: 19 Nov 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-wildlife253

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Short trip for us as well, 3 nights.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby landw2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm

While US dollars will work, the staff still will need to convert them to Pesos at their bank.

If you feel you need Pesos while at the resort or off premise, the best option is to use an ATM at the airport before you leave. You will get the best exchange rate (better than currency exchange windows you see) but the transaction will have a small fee and you most likely will be limited to the amount you can withdraw in one day. Inform your bank about your travels (when and where) so your card does not get declined during that time and in that location.

Worked great for us while in Europe and Africa but limited to $300 per day for us which was plenty for cash.
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby Aussies@Desire » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:46 am

Tips for newbies - I'm sure that's a pick up line :)
Aussies@Desire

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 29 Sep 2017

Postby sexy24fun » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:56 pm

CokeMann wrote:
Desireus2 wrote:Bring US $2 bills for tips. They are considered to be "lucky" by the locals.

I really don't know where this "urban legend" started but it is completely bogus.

Money is money and staff appreciate tips however you want to give them, whether in USD or Pesos.

Just remember the staff can't pay their bills in USD, they have to get those $$ converted to Pesos before they can actually spend them...

I def don't think it's an urban legend about the $2 bills as they def elicit a very positive response! We have been going to Mexico for 16 years and the locals always rave over them! :US
SLS: brinsjr
sexy24fun

We arrive on: 15 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Desire Riviera Maya