Helpful / Constructive Advice for Desire Resorts

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Helpful / Constructive Advice for Desire Resorts

Postby FraserMacDaddy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi folks... we're just returning from our first trip (to Desire Pearl) and we loved it. We look forward to returning. I filled out the survey when we checked out, but on the flight home, we had several "Oh, I wish we had thought to suggest....." type ideas.

So - rather than just keep them to myself, I thought this would be a great idea to collect some genuine constructive criticism for Desire Properties. ( I really do mean "genuine" advice - "Have only sexy people check in" would be great advice, but it's not realistic or genuine.) :)

I'll start off:

1/ Shady areas in the quiet pool at Desire Pearl. At peak sunshine, everyone gathers under the bar at the noisy end because it's shady. A quiet place to read a book, float or relax would have been awesome.

2/ We love the bracelets instead of keycards... I only wish there was an easy way to carry tip money when you're naked.

3/ An official "guide for newbies." For example, without having done the research, we would have had no idea that the jacuzzi gets hopping after the dancing. This isn't explained officially anywhere, and if you stop by the jacuzzi immediately after the dancing, it's a tomb. But come back in a half hour and watch the fireworks! Thankfully, we had done the research online, but we talked to a few 'yellow banded' couples who missed out on the action.

4/ This may be controversial, but I'm just going to say it - the live band at night is - not good. Sorry. I'd rather have a DJ playing some of our favourite songs than a live band butchering some of our favourite songs. It would be cheaper for Desire, as well.
FraserMacDaddy
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Sep 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Helpful / Constructive Advice for Desire Resorts

Postby brks » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:53 pm

FraserMacDaddy wrote: 4/ This may be controversial, but I'm just going to say it - the live band at night is - not good. Sorry. I'd rather have a DJ playing some of our favourite songs than a live band butchering some of our favourite songs. It would be cheaper for Desire, as well.

Yeah, that's subjective for sure and I think there was more than one live band so I don't really know which one you are referring to but we really loved the Latin band and the latin songs they were playing. Also happy to say, I'm so glad they currently play more latin music in the resort, especially at the pool. The Latin night was also awesome, so much energy in the air and we were happy to see so many people dancing both during the pre show and at the disco, even w/o knowing the basic steps. My point is, looks like the good old times are coming back, the energy level at Pearl was tip-top this time around, a really fun, cool, energetic crowd. Loved every second of it! Also great to see that our fellow Canadians can travel again, we were missing you guys!
brks
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2020

Postby wbski85 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:41 pm

U would also like to add that they should fill in that useless and unsightly pond in front of the lobby and make it an expanded sitting/lounging area. This is what they did at DR years ago.
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby TandD » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:45 pm

brks wrote:
FraserMacDaddy wrote: 4/ This may be controversial, but I'm just going to say it - the live band at night is - not good. Sorry. I'd rather have a DJ playing some of our favourite songs than a live band butchering some of our favourite songs. It would be cheaper for Desire, as well.

Yeah, that's subjective for sure and I think there was more than one live band so I don't really know which one you are referring to but we really loved the Latin band and the latin songs they were playing. Also happy to say, I'm so glad they currently play more latin music in the resort, especially at the pool. The Latin night was also awesome, so much energy in the air and we were happy to see so many people dancing both during the pre show and at the disco, even w/o knowing the basic steps. My point is, looks like the good old times are coming back, the energy level at Pearl was tip-top this time around, a really fun, cool, energetic crowd. Loved every second of it! Also great to see that our fellow Canadians can travel again, we were missing you guys!

Agree that it might have just been the band. We LOVE the pre-show bands (and the Latin ones especially) as a rule so we would hate for that to go away.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Vanilla Xtracts » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:49 pm

wbski85 wrote:U would also like to add that they should fill in that useless and unsightly pond in front of the lobby and make it an expanded sitting/lounging area. This is what they did at DR years ago.

Love this comment. We would spend tons more time at the Pearl LOBBY BAR if it was extended significantly outside over that pond area. We really enjoy the RM LOBBY Bar and miss the concept so much when we are at Pearl.

We’ll be at RM next week and Pearl in Feb. Definitely adding this to the comment card.
Brian & Kath
VanillaXtracts / Naughty Nakations
Vanilla Xtracts
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC SLS

Postby LuckySevens » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:20 pm

Yeah, it certainly feels like there’s absolutely no hang out vibe at the pearl lobby like at RM. we certainly miss it when we’re at Pearl.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby Lkncouple » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:40 am

Thinks I would like to see:
- Playroom Glory Hole
- Symbian
- Rotation of workshops (Art of Touch, Intro to BDSM, Tantra, etc)
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl