Covid Testing for Canadians

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Covid Testing for Canadians

Postby keepitclassy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:15 am

Will be travelling in two weeks ,4 days at RM,then 3 at Pearl, Sent a message regarding PCR test for Canadians as we will be needing this test to return home .Is this test easily available at Pearl? I only ask because I messaged the resort and they mentioned the Antigen test but then added I should talk to the concierge about other testing requirements??? Seems like a strange response. Does not exactly fill me with confidence :D

Thanks ,Susan and Gary
keepitclassy
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Re: Covid Testing for Canadians

Postby jandr1013 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:56 am

We were at RM earlier in November. We booked out test through the QR code link they provide, and there was nowhere to note that you needed a PCR test. Once you arrived at the testing room, you would tell them you needed a PCR test when you enter, and they would charge the higher rate (we paid in pesos, it was 4400 MXN for the two of us), and then take the samples for PCR testing. We received our results about 24 hours later via email. Do not panic when you see in big letters "DETECTION OF SARS COV2-19 BY RT-PCR" in the middle of the page. That's the identification of the test, and the results are in a smaller typeface above.
jandr1013 on Swinging Heaven (Canada) and Cafe Desire
Desire Trip #13 at Pearl Nov 2-9th, 2024
jandr1013
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SHeaven CafeDesire

Postby wwpc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:41 pm

keepitclassy wrote:Will be travelling in two weeks ,4 days at RM,then 3 at Pearl, Sent a message regarding PCR test for Canadians as we will be needing this test to return home .Is this test easily available at Pearl? I only ask because I messaged the resort and they mentioned the Antigen test but then added I should talk to the concierge about other testing requirements??? Seems like a strange response. Does not exactly fill me with confidence :D

Thanks ,Susan and Gary

No Issues, you book through the QR code and when you go for the test let them know you need a PCR test. It was 1500 pesos in August and 2200 in October, we head back on Dec 21- Jan 2 will be interesting to see how much this one will be.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby keepitclassy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Thank you for the response , where and when can you access the QR code ?
keepitclassy
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby wwpc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:39 pm

keepitclassy wrote:Thank you for the response , where and when can you access the QR code ?

Once you arrive, they are at check in.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl