Questions from first timers

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Questions from first timers

Postby mikecohike » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:40 am

We will be newbies at Desire Pearl Feb 2022. We are very excited about this new adventure. We are both newly divorced and want to remain monogamous and explore our sexualities with one another. Pearl seems like the perfect place to do this.
1) many photos show men in long sleeve shirts (dinner/night club) and women in sexy clothing. Are the restaurants/nightclubs air conditioned? Is the temperature comfortable enough in sexy skimpy clothing?
2) Are there areas/times we should be aware of to limit ourselves to certain areas to avoid the suggestion we are interested in LS? We don't care being around others who enjoy LS and understand we may be asked, but just trying to steer clear of an area where if you’re there it means you're looking to share with others.
3) For the outdoor beach/pool beds do you reserve them? Is there a protocol we need to know about? This is a sexual fantasy we are really looking forward to.
4) I'm not able to find the menus on line and wondering if there are gluten free options. Are dinner reservations difficult to get for Pearl and Suki?
mikecohike

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Feb 2022

Re: Questions from first timers

Postby Orcowgirl » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:01 pm

We started going to RM and Pearl 4 years ago and have been around 15 times since. We love it. We are not Swingers and never has their been pressure from anyone. In our experience (we stay 2 weekends each time) the non LS is around 60% and LS around 40% at both places. The crowd has been the same at both as we see the same people back and forth. We go to Pearl most of the time, as the hot tub is huge and allows the WHOLE crowd to get in. You will have fun at either with no pressure to "do anything". Everyone is there (in most cases) to have fun with their lover.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby mikeinnj » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:39 pm

My wife freezes fast. With that said, at dinner in December there, a very light shawl travels with her to dinner in case. And yes her outfits are skimpy. I’d say most guys wear short sleeve shirts to dinner but at Suki and Pearl any button down or polo shirt will work.

When you get to the pool, find any of the pool guys and they will set you up.

And we aren’t LS. Never been pressured into anything anywhere. It’s not a worry.

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Lkncouple » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:38 am

mikecohike wrote:We will be newbies at Desire Pearl Feb 2022. We are very excited about this new adventure. We are both newly divorced and want to remain monogamous and explore our sexualities with one another. Pearl seems like the perfect place to do this.
1) many photos show men in long sleeve shirts (dinner/night club) and women in sexy clothing. Are the restaurants/nightclubs air conditioned? Is the temperature comfortable enough in sexy skimpy clothing?
2) Are there areas/times we should be aware of to limit ourselves to certain areas to avoid the suggestion we are interested in LS? We don't care being around others who enjoy LS and understand we may be asked, but just trying to steer clear of an area where if you’re there it means you're looking to share with others.
3) For the outdoor beach/pool beds do you reserve them? Is there a protocol we need to know about? This is a sexual fantasy we are really looking forward to.
4) I'm not able to find the menus on line and wondering if there are gluten free options. Are dinner reservations difficult to get for Pearl and Suki?

While we have not been to Pearl, we have been to RM a number of times and we are heading back the first week of February. So I will give your questions a shot.
1. Yes the restaurants and night clubs are air conditioned. So if it is hot you will be comfortable. Long sleeves are not required, but long pants are a required for men in all of the restaurants except for the Buffet's. The average high temp is 79 and the low is 73 for Cancun. I have been looking at the forecast down there now, and it is highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's right now.

2. We are not in the LS and have been 5 times. You can go anywhere. You can go to the hot tub, playroom, hot tub beds etc. People will ask you and you can simply say that you are not in the lifestyle and they will continue to be extremely friendly, but they will know you are not up for play. I would say it is extremely interesting to talk to everyone and hear how they got into the lifestyle or ask them questions about it.

3. The pool and beach beds can be reserved with the pool attendant. The members that purchase into their program get first shot. If you get up early and tip the pool attendant he will get you a bed if any are available. Not sure about pearl, but I don't think they allow sex on the pool beds or the beach beds during the day. You can have sex on the beds around the jacuzzi. At RM we have gone out to the beds at night and had sex with no issues.

4. I think they will accommodate any allergy or gluten requests. Once again the people that purchase into the program get first dibs on reservations. We have never had a problem. We can only make reservations the same day, so you just need to be there, when they open up the reservations. I have no idea why they never post the menus. This trip, I am planning on taking some pictures of the menus and posting them here, so people can see them. I am not sure how often they change them.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Twopeas » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:21 pm

Agree with the other reply’s. Our concern our first, and only, time was overly aggressive people. Never happened. We are not LS’ers but had a blast socializing with everyone. We were propositioned once or twice and a polite no thank you as in a regular bar was fine and we continued to talk and drink with them for the rest of our vacation unless they were otherwise “ engaged” . We will be back Feb 8-15 !
Twopeas
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 08 Feb 2022

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:59 pm

mikecohike wrote:2) Are there areas/times we should be aware of to limit ourselves to certain areas to avoid the suggestion we are interested in LS? We don't care being around others who enjoy LS and understand we may be asked, but just trying to steer clear of an area where if you’re there it means you're looking to share with others.

Under ideal circumstances, nobody is going to assume anything about you unless they've had an explicit discussion with you about the lifestyle. Being presumptuous about a couple's lifestyle status is not a recipe for success. It's best to ask if a couple is or is not in the lifestyle. The atmosphere at a place like Desire is so open and free that it's easy to dive into a very deep discussion about quite personal issues with relative strangers. It's amazing how easy it is to have free and open conversations with people when the pretense of class/status/wealth don't exist since everyone is largely naked. It's so liberating.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby tj71903 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:59 pm

It's the Caribbean, it's warm and humid at night. Dining options are generally well air conditioned. Some may say they even get cool/cold.

2) Are there areas/times we should be aware of to limit ourselves to certain areas to avoid the suggestion we are interested in LS? We don't care being around others who enjoy LS and understand we may be asked, but just trying to steer clear of an area where if you’re there it means you're looking to share with others

Nobody cares. Nobody will attack. It's just people.

First come first serve. Make friends with the pool attendants (i.e. tip them) and have them set you up first thing in the morning.

There are GF options and they are clearly marked on the menu.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby mikecohike » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:10 pm

Thank you everyone for your input to my questions. Sounds like we can't miss having a great time at Desire Pearl. We are excited about our trip. Mike :D
mikecohike

We arrive on: 06 Feb 2022

Postby beachnbaja » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:58 pm

Just an added note about the restaurant temps. Def bring a shawl, etc with you if one of you tend to get cold. We found Suki to consistently be colder than Pearl. Sounds silly until you are there, but if you eat in Suki, request a table on the middle of the restaurant. Most are against the windows and the vents are directly above.
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby wwpc » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:21 pm

mikecohike wrote:We will be newbies at Desire Pearl Feb 2022. We are very excited about this new adventure. We are both newly divorced and want to remain monogamous and explore our sexualities with one another. Pearl seems like the perfect place to do this.

1) Lots of men change for the club (theme night) for me I dress up for dinner no differently than any other date night. We have never had an issue with being to cold, as others have mentioned its humid.
2) The LS folks are the friendliest around, they will chat you up when they notice your yellow wrist band, they will also ask you something along the lines of how long have you been in the lifestyle, just answer that you are not.
3) for beds see the pool guys and they will get you set up for your stay.
4) let them know you are GF and they will go out of their way for you, for reservations I am not sure what the process is for non members but I am sure you will have to make them each morning. You may not be able to get the time you prefer.

Have fun on your trip! February is packed it should be a great time.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl