Saving Day Bed at Jacuzzi Problem/Issue

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Saving Day Bed at Jacuzzi Problem/Issue

Postby 2beautifulstrangers » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:37 pm

tj71903 wrote:We were there 12-20.

It was certainly a thing, especially during the beginning of the week. Couple that with the demographics and half of them telling the DJ 'you need to consider you audience when playing music' and then proceeding to request ragtime so they could do the foxtrot or whatever was popular back then and it was....yeesh. Thankfully things picked up dramatically over the last half of the trip.

Hahahhahahah!!! "request ragtime" HAHAHAHHAHAHAH! omg. Such a great comment.
RM: 1/22, 5/22, 12/22, 11/23, 3/24
Pearl: 3/23, 3/24
2beautifulstrangers
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jan 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swinglifestyle

Postby Orcowboy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:56 pm

We will continue to sweetly move the "stuff" to the table and proceed to "use" the beds. We weren't stopped our last trip. Strange that this is a new thing, and obviously by "new" guests, as any of us who have been regulars would never hog the "sex" beds......
KIK. Orranchcouple
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Michas Grande 2x
Orcowboy
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby youngoldies » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:03 pm

This is BS, if they are going to take the only beds available for PDS during the day out of play, then its time to change the rules and allow PDS around the pool.
KIK azfunnsun
youngoldies
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2023

Postby gaviao » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:38 am

This is BS, if they are going to take the only beds available for PDS during the day out of play, then its time to change the rules and allow PDS around the pool.

We stayed in DRM in January 2021, when it's the ISM. PDS around pool were allowed; we didn't see many, but there were. We take advantage of the special features of the month and had oral, both in our bed by the pool and in the pool (one of us sat on the edge, the other one into the water). We saw PDS on the beds of the lobby terrace, during the time between dinner and disco too.
We really don't understand why the limitations for PDAs and PDSs; clearely it's not a "morality" issue, because in Jan and Aug norms are relaxed, so we agree with you.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Qaz12129 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:16 am

Bed "saving" was definitely happening (see our trip report) - our room faced the hot tub area so was easy to see from the balcony - but beds were being "saved" from early morning
Qaz12129
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 20 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby AZtraveler » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:48 pm

People “reserving” jacuzzi beds has become a major issue. It seems worse than ever before. We were at Pearl March 21 to Mar 31, and many days most Jacuzzi beds were reserved by 3:00 and usually only two or three of the nine were occupied. But there were a couple of weekdays they were mostly open around 3:30 when we typically migrate from the pool to the jacuzzi. One day in particular, Sunday the 24th I think, my girlfriend checked the beds at 2:00 and all were “reserved” but none were occupied. One in particular was noticeable as it had two folded fresh towels and an enormous wicker style beach bag. Around 3:30 when we migrated to the jacuzzi all nine beds were reserved but none were occupied. Eventually couples started to show up and occupy the beds but the bed with the enormous wicker style bag was unoccupied. Finally at the stroke of 5:00 they appeared, relaxed a few minutes and picked up the towels and the bag and left by 5:10. I guess we should be grateful they picked up the towels to signal that others were allowed to use the bed. We started to get out of the jacuzzi to claim it but we were too slow. We were having a good time with some friends so it was no big deal. But taking up a jacuzzi bed for more than three hours and only using it for ten minutes is rude to the 10th degree when three of four other couples could have enjoyed using it. We made up for it that night after the disco by making good use of a bed on the beach….
AZtraveler
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2023

Postby AZtraveler » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:53 pm

People “reserving” jacuzzi beds has become a major issue. It seems worse than ever before. We were at Pearl March 21 to Mar 31, and many days most Jacuzzi beds were reserved by 3:00 and usually only two or three of the nine were occupied. But there were a couple of weekdays they were mostly open around 3:30 when we typically migrate from the pool to the jacuzzi. One day in particular, Sunday the 24th I think, my girlfriend checked the beds at 2:00 and all were “reserved” but none were occupied. One in particular was noticeable as it had two folded fresh towels and an enormous wicker style beach bag. Around 3:30 when we migrated to the jacuzzi all nine beds were reserved but none were occupied. Eventually couples started to show up and occupy the beds but the bed with the enormous wicker style bag was unoccupied. Finally at the stroke of 5:00 they appeared, relaxed a few minutes and picked up the towels and the bag and left by 5:10. I guess we should be grateful they picked up the towels to signal that others were allowed to use the bed. We started to get out of the jacuzzi to claim it but we were too slow. We were having a good time with some friends so it was no big deal. But taking up a jacuzzi bed for more than three hours and only using it for ten minutes is rude to the 10th degree when three of four other couples could have enjoyed using it. We made up for it that night after the disco by making good use of a bed on the beach….
AZtraveler
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2023

Postby tikihutguy » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm

:L :L :L
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby Preest » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:39 pm

Bed-savers suck, no doubt... my husband and I love to lounge on one at around 4pm for about an hour or two. We snooze, cuddle, kiss, watch the other sexy play, sometimes more. When we're done, we take our stuff and leave. We've done this since 2008 starting at Desire Cabo and now at our twice-yearly RM & Pearl visits. Are we violating some new, unspoken rule that the beds can only be used while there's insertion happening?
Kik - Preest1230
SLS - Not Clergy
Preest
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 05 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS NotClergy

Postby jahppycple » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:23 pm

I think this is appropriate. We’ve been doing the same for yrs. Usually ends with a good show for the spa folks. We were at Pearl yrs ago when we moved someone’s clothes. Said person started yelling fromtub. “That’s my bed” Not sure what he paid for it. Ha ha.
jahppycple
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Postby spanky67 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:26 pm

So we were just there mid-June. In full disclosure, I never closely read what I'm about to describe...but I'm almost positive there are now signs above each day bed regarding the appropriate use of said beds. Again, I may have this totally wrong, but there are absolutely signs on every bed around the jacuzzi...just not completely sure they say what I thought they said.
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

Postby ninaandfrank » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:09 am

Can anyone post exactally what these signs say?
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Preest » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:01 pm

spanky67 wrote:So we were just there mid-June. In full disclosure, I never closely read what I'm about to describe...but I'm almost positive there are now signs above each day bed regarding the appropriate use of said beds. Again, I may have this totally wrong, but there are absolutely signs on every bed around the jacuzzi...just not completely sure they say what I thought they said.

I believe they state that unattended items left may be removed by staff at their discretion, or some version of that, and we have seen staff remove belongings that are just left there. They end up in the lost and found. But the signs definitely don't say that the beds are to be used only for intercourse ;)
Kik - Preest1230
SLS - Not Clergy
Preest
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 05 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS NotClergy

Postby K+C » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:46 pm

Preest wrote:
spanky67 wrote:So we were just there mid-June. In full disclosure, I never closely read what I'm about to describe...but I'm almost positive there are now signs above each day bed regarding the appropriate use of said beds. Again, I may have this totally wrong, but there are absolutely signs on every bed around the jacuzzi...just not completely sure they say what I thought they said.

I believe they state that unattended items left may be removed by staff at their discretion, or some version of that, and we have seen staff remove belongings that are just left there. They end up in the lost and found. But the signs definitely don't say that the beds are to be used only for intercourse ;)

Sounds like you, Preesty ;) are putting your daybed to good use. It’s these couples that “reserve” their bed and don’t ever use it for anything including intercourse. When you’re in the mood and your partner gives you that develiish grin you certainly don’t want to be cock blocked by some Steven King book or a sun hat.
Pearl: Jan ‘23
GM: Jan ‘24
K+C
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 05 Jan 2024

Postby spanky67 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:52 pm

This comes down to a simple question of common courtesy. If there are 7 empty day beds around the Pearl jacuzzi, and you want to sleep away the entirety of your trip on the 8th, be one with god my friend. But ask yourself this. If you wanted to practice "insertion" and 7 jacuzzi beds were also practicing said ritual, and one was occupied by a snoring rhinoceros, how would you feel?

As to whether there is a rule or an unwritten one. Do we all really need a slide rule to figure out why there are 8 king sized beds around the ONLY "public" location on the entire property where "coochie, coochie" is allowed/encouraged?

And for the record, I think there is a giant difference between napping and doing something...hell anything...sexual.
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl