Newbie question

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Newbie question

Postby rsm » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 pm

J&K wrote:What if you are staying in a penthouse? Are there specific beds reserved for them? Where are they located? I think we would prefer fun side of the pool but not sure if there are beds there.

There are no beds around the noisy end of the pool. There are maybe 4-6 scattered among the lounge chairs at the quiet end.
rsm
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jun 2015

Postby tpearson65 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Bama37 wrote:
Sugar77 wrote:Cokeman...I read the same in the most recent review of Pearl on TripAdvisor. It says "Only "members" may reserve pool and beach lounges. Even at 7:30 AM with no one at the pool, and all the lounges empty, we were not permitted to take lounges as they were being held for POTENTIAL future use by members. Also, we personally witnessed that on two different occasions, non-member couples sitting on unreserved beach lounges, were told to move so that members could have the lounges. The same "two class" technique is applied to restaurant availability....". Review seems legitimate, but hopefully they have it wrong.

I read the same review, and I would believe what I read here from Cokeman and others before I would believe what some people write on TripAdvisor. It just always seems like more of a straight story on the forum than what you can trust on the reviews sometimes. 8) Maybe more people who are there now could comment on their experience?

The TA report is definitely not indicative of what goes on at EITHER Desire Resort. We have been to both resorts multiple times and have NEVER had an issue with getting a pool lounger. All guests are treated with equal respect and courtesy. I think the poster got butt hurt when he/she couldn't get a towel with the word "Pxxxxxx" on it.
tpearson65
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC - TnCTexas

Postby honeycouple » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:36 am

As a member I can say I would NEVER ask management to move anyone from there location so I could have a better place to relax.
My opinion is first come first serve. We all pay a fee to stay here.
I only take advantage of membership perks that do not interfere/interrupt any guests

In the past there have been member only areas where you need to have the gold band to enter.
Ive used those areas sparingly as most of the activity and people I want to hang out with are usually in other areas of the resort.

Admin Note: there are no member only areas at either Desire resort - there are some however at Temptation
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Postby danbo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:49 pm

As a non member and having been at Pearl until yesterday I can tell you that there is a DEFINITE pecking order for chairs. On 3 separate occasions I asked for a chair by the pool and was told none were available even though at least a third were unoccupied and had not been used in at least 4 or 5 hours. They were held for members (white towels) or people who had bribed (oops, sorry, tipped) Victor or his new assistant. I think Victor is one of the hardest working guys in the place, but he's human and there are only so many chairs. BTW I was told that if you get up before 7 am and mark your chair, Victor won't move it. Great system for 4500 bucks a week!

Admin Note: this thread is about reports of people being moved out of chairs so that others could sit there
- not about how chairs are reserved - pls start a new thread if you want to discuss that issue, tnx
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby honeycouple » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

danbo wrote:As a non member and having been at Pearl until yesterday I can tell you that there is a DEFINITE pecking order for chairs. On 3 separate occasions I asked for a chair by the pool and was told none were available even though at least a third were unoccupied and had not been used in at least 4 or 5 hours. They were held for members (white towels) or people who had bribed (oops, sorry, tipped) Victor or his new assistant. I think Victor is one of the hardest working guys in the place, but he's human and there are only so many chairs. BTW I was told that if you get up before 7 am and mark your chair, Victor won't move it. Great system for 4500 bucks a week!

That's just wrong to allow chairs to go empty more then an hour. No one should be allowed to "reserve" a chair all day and not use it.
We all pay a steep price to be at Desire and my feeling is that we all have the same use of the facility. No exceptions.
Even as member Ive been up at 6am due to insomnia and have gone out to the beach beds at RM to relax and have some quiet time. I would leave belongings on the bed and head to breakfast but would only be gone about an hour. I think thats reasonable and customary.
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Postby jwoods » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm

My advice... Get up early and reserve a lounge chair by the pool... If you party too hard and drift out later in the morning I bet you won't get a chair... Who needs one when you'll be playing games and floating in the pool all day.
jwoods
Desire Fan

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl