Mansion Suites

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Mansion Suites

Postby animal hats » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:46 pm

Read the trip report on the Mansions... Not so positive
Denvercouple2015 wrote:I'm looking for someone who has been recently to give a report on the new mansion facilities.

Are they complete? Do they look great?

Do they isolate you or can you invite guest in....?

There is a play room in the mansion. Again, open to anyone or only residents and guests?

Thanks!
animal hats
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby werfun » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:37 am

For anyone that might be interested one of the Desire face book sites have three short videos showing the pool area and lobby. From the looks of it on the videos we will stay in the regular rooms with a better pool IMHO.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby DKFugarty » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:19 pm

We are staying at the mansion for the first time next week. The reviews have me nervous because we are very social. We have done the villas at RM for the past 5 years and love having parties. Also, we always wake up to the ocean view. How could there be no views?!?
My husband is going to be really unhappy with the buy in if we are isolated and looking at a wall. :? :oops:
DKFugarty

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Feb 2020

Postby K&RinTX » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:03 pm

DKFugarty wrote:We are staying at the mansion for the first time next week. The reviews have me nervous because we are very social. We have done the villas at RM for the past 5 years and love having parties. Also, we always wake up to the ocean view. How could there be no views?!?
My husband is going to be really unhappy with the buy in if we are isolated and looking at a wall. :? :oops:

You WILL be looking at a wall...
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby RJOC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:43 am

We just returned from Pearl, and spoke with a few people staying at the mansion (3 out of the 8 suites were booked at the time).

Here are some of their comments:
    the accommodations are beautiful, but isolating, so we came out to mingle with everyone else
    meals take forever (1.5 hours for breakfast one morning)
    we are lonely and bored
    had to get out to be with other people
    no view of anything from the mansion
    we miss seeing the ocean or the pool from our room
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby buried20kleague » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:09 pm

RJOC wrote:We just returned from Pearl, and spoke with a few people staying at the mansion (3 out of the 8 suites were booked at the time).

Here are some of their comments:
    the accommodations are beautiful, but isolating, so we came out to mingle with everyone else
    meals take forever (1.5 hours for breakfast one morning)
    we are lonely and bored
    had to get out to be with other people
    no view of anything from the mansion
    we miss seeing the ocean or the pool from our room

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the rates to drop and/or amenities begin to get cut.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby K&RinTX » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Terrible idea to build it there, maybe if they had torn down the last building (by the dive shop) and built it there on the water it would have been better. As it is, the staff quarters is a MUCH better location than the mansion. RM's oceanside suites are a much more desirable option to us, and we don't even go to RM!
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby lifestylecpl » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:30 am

The word "Compound" springs to mind !!!!!
lifestylecpl
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 21 Nov 2023

Postby Vezric » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:27 pm

I would like to ask a more practical question. Can you get from your Mansion Suite room to the beach or jacuzzi lounge nude? The resort does not allow nudity in the lobbies and restaurants areas so I'm not sure how that works if everything at the Mansion suites are connected. It's fun and extremely freeing getting undressed in your room, departing to parts of the resort with just your shoes, sunglasses and your bag with sunscreen and tip money. Let me know your thoughts for those who have seen the Mansion.
Vezric

We arrive on: 09 Oct 2017

Postby RJOC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Vezric wrote:I would like to ask a more practical question. Can you get from your Mansion Suite room to the beach or jacuzzi lounge nude? The resort does not allow nudity in the lobbies and restaurants areas so I'm not sure how that works if everything at the Mansion suites are connected. It's fun and extremely freeing getting undressed in your room, departing to parts of the resort with just your shoes, sunglasses and your bag with sunscreen and tip money. Let me know your thoughts for those who have seen the Mansion.

You can get to the beach or hot tub nude from the mansion - not a problem at all.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby brks » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:25 pm

Yeah, but you have to go through the resort / villas. I mean..sure, some people might not have any problem with that. :mrgreen:
brks
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2020

Postby red88vette » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Good question, as the only way out of the Mansion is through the Mansion Lobby. I guess the same Lobby rule would apply as for the main lobby.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby Bruce&Pam » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:02 pm

RJOC wrote:
Vezric wrote:I would like to ask a more practical question. Can you get from your Mansion Suite room to the beach or jacuzzi lounge nude? The resort does not allow nudity in the lobbies and restaurants areas so I'm not sure how that works if everything at the Mansion suites are connected. It's fun and extremely freeing getting undressed in your room, departing to parts of the resort with just your shoes, sunglasses and your bag with sunscreen and tip money. Let me know your thoughts for those who have seen the Mansion.

You can get to the beach or hot tub nude from the mansion - not a problem at all.

So, how do you do that? I would think you wouldn't be allowed to walk through the Mansion lobby naked, either. Is this from experience? Did you actually walk right through the Mansion lobby naked! :shock:
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl