Mansion Suites

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

New Mansion Suites

Postby Bobdesu » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 am

Are the new Mansion Suites expected to be completed and ready for occupancy in Mar h 2020?
Bobdesu

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Apr 2020

Re: Mansion Suites

Postby Funallnight » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:29 pm

I believe suites are promised to be ready for New Year. At least our friends are promised that.
Funallnight
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby beachnbaja » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 pm

red88vette wrote:The Mansions are being built behind the SPA area, they tore down the old playmaker's housing. The entrance with be to the left of the Spa. There is no view from them, not sure why they picked the location, then they build the new housing for the playmaker's right in from of the beach with nice balcony views.

Exactly. We just returned and snuck through a little bit of it. We just cannot understand the location at all. Understanding they don't have a ton of ocean view real estate left...these things are going to have to be completely decked out to get people to continue to book them. They are not just without view, they are disconnected a bit from the rest of the resort.
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby El Duderino » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:38 am

beachnbaja wrote:these things are going to have to be completely decked out to get people to continue to book them. They are not just without view, they are disconnected a bit from the rest of the resort.

Presumably that's the point. We always joke that we'd stay in the janitor's closet and be just fine because we're never in our rooms, but some people definitely prefer that. Every time we've been to Pearl, it's been completely sold out, but we only actually see about 40 or 50 couples in the pool and in the hot tub. There must be a fairly large group of people who like to go to Pearl and stay in their rooms or at the quiet end of the pool.

In that respect, I think the view or lack thereof won't be a big detraction. It's such a small property that a short walk puts you on the beach anyway. I suppose mansion level guests could ask their butlers to carry them down there :lol:
KIK: JandKcancun
El Duderino
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2019

Postby buried20kleague » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:20 pm

El Duderino wrote:
beachnbaja wrote:these things are going to have to be completely decked out to get people to continue to book them. They are not just without view, they are disconnected a bit from the rest of the resort.

Presumably that's the point. We always joke that we'd stay in the janitor's closet and be just fine because we're never in our rooms, but some people definitely prefer that. Every time we've been to Pearl, it's been completely sold out, but we only actually see about 40 or 50 couples in the pool and in the hot tub. There must be a fairly large group of people who like to go to Pearl and stay in their rooms or at the quiet end of the pool.

In that respect, I think the view or lack thereof won't be a big detraction. It's such a small property that a short walk puts you on the beach anyway. I suppose mansion level guests could ask their butlers to carry them down there :lol:

Hotels also routinely put a certain number of their rooms on a "refurbishment cycle". Not necessarily because anything gets done to them... But because if you have 10% of your rooms out of commission, it's that much easier to be "sold out". It keeps prices up and keeps stock prices high (on publically traded companies). Not certain that's the case here... But it's very common practice at hotels all over the world. Stands to reason Desire would be the same.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby werfun » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 pm

With the large number of hotels in Waikiki it is not unusual for the hotels to block off whole floors. It keeps the occupy rate up as well as the room rates. Not counting less cleaning and staff needed. As earlier said it is a practice used around the world even if the hotels deny it.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby TandD » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 am

We just got back and they seem to have finished major work on them. When we checked in on Friday, December 6, there was a bunch of activity going on as we walked past to to to our room - trimming palm fronds, touch-up painting exterior walls, etc.. Either that night or the night after - can't remember - they had some sort of "members dinner" in the dinning room that you can see as you walk the path alongside. As far as I could tell, nobody was actually staying in any of the rooms. I never saw anyone anywhere else inside.

I was kind of surprised at how much you can see in as you walk the path from the lobby to the dive shop. Maybe they will add curtains or something but I would have thought the clients that would go there would prefer to not have the riff-raff walking by able to see what they are having for dinner or them frolicking in the mini-pools (would those people frolic?). Seemed odd to me (not that the whole thing isn't rather odd to me).
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby twinstarsfalling » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:40 pm

We will be staying at Mansion for the first time. Our last five trips have been at RM. I'll come back and post after we stay! Here's hoping its great!

Corey
twinstarsfalling

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2020

Postby werfun » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Just checked for a weeks stay at the end of Sep. at Pearl. For a 7 day stay in a ocean front room was just over $3100 while a mansion suite was over $14000. I'm sure that the mansion suites will be great, one of a kind suite but I would rather stay in a ocean front room 4 or 5 weeks then one week in a mansion suit. Just think of all the great people and fun that you can have in those 4 or 5 weeks than one week in the mansion.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby bigdaddy84 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:52 pm

We will be staying at One of the Mansions (Royal Suite) Will give thoughts after we are back in January
bigdaddy84
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 Nov 2013

Postby red88vette » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Just got back from Pearl yesterday. The mansion complex is beautiful, everything is high end, still not sure it will work with so few guest and staff. The first guest arrive Dec 26th. they are completing the final touches. The sin rm sounds bigger that RM with a 6 person shower, hanging stuff, TVs, dance pole, siberian, etc.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby TandD » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:43 pm

red88vette wrote:...hanging stuff, TVs, dance pole, siberian, etc.

Yeah, that Siberian is gonna be a "No" from me dawg.

:P
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:54 pm

I’m assuming you meant Sybian as in the high end sex toy and not the Siberian as in working class dog breed!

:D
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby Denvercouple2015 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm looking for someone who has been recently to give a report on the new mansion facilities.

Are they complete? Do they look great?

Do they isolate you or can you invite guest in....?

There is a play room in the mansion. Again, open to anyone or only residents and guests?

Thanks!
Denvercouple2015
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Jan 2015

Postby khnh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Absolutly NO VIEW OF OCEAN from them!
khnh