Sea weed

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Sea weed

Postby Frosty82 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm

I have heard the sea weed is very bad on the beach and very few people swim in the ocean. This concerns me since I like to swim naked in thr ocean. Is there a best time of year to avoid the sea weed or is it bad all the time. Never been to DP ,but have been to the LA Blanc which was awsome. Other than being nude how does DP compair to the LA Blanc.
Frosty82
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Feb 2020

Re: Sea weed

Postby westcpl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 am

Frosty82 wrote:I have heard the sea weed is very bad on the beach and very few people swim in the ocean. This concerns me since I like to swim naked in thr ocean. Is there a best time of year to avoid the sea weed or is it bad all the time. Never been to DP ,but have been to the LA Blanc which was awsome. Other than being nude how does DP compair to the LA Blanc.

Where is La Blanc?
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby CokeMann » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:40 am

westcpl wrote:Where is La Blanc?

It's in the Cancun Hotel zone - FYI , completely different conditions there, seaweed wise, compared to the Riviera Maya coastline
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:01 am

Seaweed was bad our last several visits to Pearl and RM, but the barrier they installed at RM made a world of difference for our visit in early June.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby werfun » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Just read a report in the Boston Globe that the whole Cancun beaches are suffering from the seaweed problem. They even showed a picture of a front end loader dumping seaweed into huge piles to be hauled away. The report stated that several hours later the beach was covered with fresh seaweed. Not only that but bookings for Cancun beach resorts are down over3 % since Jan.2019. Looks like Cancun is going to suffers a drop in visitors until they get a handles on this problem.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby randt canucks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 pm

We are trying to book our 2nd trip back to Peal, this time in October if we can line it up.

Just looked at the links provided here for webcams and see Puerto morelos cam at El cid resort and also the Akumal beach webcam make it look like the beaches are way better than last sept when we visited. The El Cid one looks like they have maybe put up a barrier off the pier on an angle, similar to what i have read Pearl is doing.

That would be amazing if they are working. Is this just an illusion or are beaches much improved?

Cant wait to make our second trip. Good times. :CAN
Thanks
rickntanya on kik
randt canucks
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl